Monday Jul 06, 2015
Monday Jun 15, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 15, 2015
The Middleware Track for the July 2015 edition of the Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit brings together three experts on Oracle Fusion Middleware to present how-to technical sessions on WebLogic Server’s role in today’s middleware architectures. The sessions in this track will focus on security and authentication, service monitoring and exploration, and on WebLogic 12c's new APIs and tools for application development. Other products and technologies covered in these sessions include Oracle SOA Suite, Service Bus, JMX, JAX-RS, JSON, WebSocket, and more.[Read More]
Monday Jun 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 01, 2015
Thursday May 28, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 28, 2015
Friday May 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 08, 2015
Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 28, 2015
Friday Apr 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 24, 2015
Friday Aug 15, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 15, 2014
5,307 people pay attention to the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. Here are the Top 10 posts from that page for the last seven days, August 8-14, 2014.
- Podcast: ODTUG Kscope 2014: Anatomy of a User Conference - Part 3
There is more to a great user conference than a shared interest in Oracle products. In the final segment of this 3-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast panelists Danny Bryant , Chet "ORACLENERD" Justice, Cameron Lackpour, Debra Lilley, and Mike Riley discuss the nature and importance of community
- Oracle SOA Suite 12c: The LDAP Adapter quick and easy | Maarten Smeets
Maarten Smeets' how-to post describes the installation and configuration of an LDAP server and browser (ApacheDS and Apache Directory Studio).
- Process level Exception Handling in BPM12c | Abhishek Mittal
When an exception occurs while running a process flow you have two choices: 1) retry running the flow object that caused that process flow or 2) move the process instance to the next flow object in the main process flow. Abhishek Mittal shows you how to do both.
- Building a Responsive WebCenter Portal Application | JayJay Zheng
Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng's article addresses the essentials of responsive web design, shows you how to design and develop a responsive WebCenter Portal application, and reviews key development considerations.
- Cloud Control authorization with Active Directory | Jeroen Gouma
Jeroen Gouma takes you step-by-step through the user authortization process in Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c.
- Video: CIOs Guide to Oracle Products and Solutions | Jessica Keyes
The CIO's Guide to Oracle Products and Solutions author Jessica Keyes talks about why input from users and developers is essential to CIOs who want to avoid being escorted out of the building by security guards. Read A CIO's Guide to Oracle Cloud Computing, a sample chapter from the book.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - August 5-11, 2014
@OTNArchBeat followers from across the galaxy have spoken! Here are the Top 10 tweets for the past seven days. Topics include: Hyperion, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, and SOA Suite.
- Recap: Fusion Middleware Summer Camps - Lisbon 2014 | Simon Haslam
Oracle ACE Director Simon Haslam's recap of his experience at the Oracle Fusion Middleware Summer Camp in Lisbon, Portugal will make you wish you had been there.
- WebLogic Data Source Connection Labeling | Steve Felts
The connection labeling feature was added in WLS release 10.3.6, and enhanced in release WLS 12.1.3. This post by Steve Felts describes two new connection properties that can be configured on the data source descriptor.
- Why Mobile Apps <3 REST/JSON | Martin Jarvis
Martin Jarvis explores the preference for REST and JSON over SOAP and XML for mobile web services.
Tuesday Apr 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 22, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @glassfish: Asynchronous CDI Events? via @p_nowicki, @antoine_sd @reza_rahman #cdi2 #javaee
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM
- #SOA and #Cloud: final article in the #industrialsoa series
Apr 17, 2014 at 08:54 AM
- BPM Workspace for iOS on iTunes | @MarkxNelson
Apr 18, 2014 at 08:03 AM
- BPM update adds Case Management Web Interface and REST APIs | @markxnelson
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM
- Quick, and a bit dirty, #JSON Schema generation with #MOXy 2.5.1 | @kingsfleet #REST
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
- Podcast: #SOA and #Cloud - Where is this relationship going? w/ @hajonormann @schmutz @soacommunity
Apr 18, 2014 at 07:52 AM
- Using Groovy Syntax in Oracle #ADF | Arda Eralp
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @delabassee @MasayukiNagaoka
Apr 15, 2014 at 01:49 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @arungupta @wlscommunity @IOUG
Apr 16, 2014 at 01:49 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @DBAKevlar @wlscommunity @arungupta
Apr 20, 2014 at 01:49 PM
Thought for the Day
"I'll tell you one thing: Don't ever give anybody your best advice, because they're not going to follow it."
— Jack Nicholson, actor
(born April 22, 1937)
Monday Mar 04, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 04, 2013
The list below reflects the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of February 24 - March 2, 2013.
- ArchBeat Community Survey: Tech Trends in 2013
In a recent ArchBeat Podcast (What Really Matters in 2013?) you heard three working architects discuss the trends and technologies they felt would have the greatest impact on their work in 2013. Now it's your turn. Take this OTN ArchBeat Facebook survey about the trends and technologies that will have the greatest impact on your work in 2013
- Oracle BPM 11g Performance Tuning Whitepaper published
"BPM 11g Performance Tuning" is new white paper written by a large team of contributors and edited by Mark Nelson. The paper, according to Nelson, "captures real world best practices from actual performance tuning exercises across many real BPM implementations." Best of all, the paper is free.
- Book Review: "SOA Made Simple" by L. Dikmans and R.v.Luttikhuizen | Frank Nimphius
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans and Ronald van Luttikhuizen are frequent guests on the ArchBeat podcast, both contributed articles to OTN, and are two of the nicest, smartest people it has been my pleasure to meet. They've just published a new book, "SOA Made Simple," (Packt Publishing, 2012), which Frank Nimphius reviews in this blog post.
- Test driving Java API for Processing JSON with GlassFish 4.0 | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele walks you through the process.
- WebLogic Logging Configuration | Rene van Wijk
"It is a good idea to use log rotation to prevent having to stop a WebLogic server to remove a large log file that is filling up the file system," says Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk. "It is also a good idea to create a separate partition such that the root file system does not fill up." Learn how in this post.
- Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets: Wrapping the Exalogic IaaS CLI | The Old Toxophilist
The second of two Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets published today by the Fusion Middleware A-Team member known only as The Old Toxophilist, this one combines some common Exalogic Command Line functions into a simplified bash script.
- Default Dynamic Value for ADF Query Search Field | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis share a use case in which the first value from an LOV view object will be set as the default value for the search field.
- AYTS: Summary of RUEI – Real User Experience Insight Session | Marcel van de Glind
Marcel van de Glind shares another update of his preparation for Oracle's Are You the Smartest challenge.
- Log rotation for WebLogic Server (and friends) | Mark Nelson
"If you have a number of WebLogic Server instances running, or applications that write a lot of information into the logs, you might find that your log files, and your stdout files start to eat up a lot of space very quickly," says Oracle Fusion Middleware Architect Team blogger Mark Nelson. He shows you an easy way to manange that situation in this post.
- ADF DVT Speed Date : Meeting The Hierarchy Viewer | Luc Bors
Luc Bors's post is one of a series based on presentations from the ADF DVT Speed Date organized by the ADF Special Interest Group at AMIS. This post focuses on the Hierarchy Viewer.
Thought for the Day
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
(May 25, 1803 – April 27, 1882)
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 17-23, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - july 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - July 7-13, 2015
- Take your talents to Videotown! 2 Minute Tech Tips just got easier.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - July 2-8, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 30-July 6, 2015
- Top 10 2 Minute Tech Tips for June 2015
- Video: Overview - GrovePi+ Starter Kit | Luc Bors