Friday Jul 24, 2015
Friday Jun 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 26, 2015
Tuesday May 19, 2015
Friday May 15, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 15, 2015
Friday May 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 01, 2015
Friday Feb 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2015
Say hello to the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 20-26, 2015.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: "The Visual Face of Hadoop" | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman kicks off a new series with this look at how Big Data Discovery is architected and how it works with Cloudera CDH5.
- Oracle has introduced API Manager! | Maarten Smeets
Certified Oracle SOA / Java / BPM integration specialist Maarten Smeets shares his perspective on the recently released Oracle API Manager.
- Calling All WebLogic Users: Please Help Us Improve WebLogic Documentation! | Reza Rahman
Reza Rahman shares information on a new, 2-page survey you can complete to help improve WebLogic documentation.
- Jumpstarting Development on the Cloud – Part 2: Packaging and Build | Ashish Singh
This article by solution architect Ashish Singh demonstrates how to use the Developer Cloud Service to automate your Maven based development lifecycle, with a focus on how the Maven Repository can be populated with Weblogic or other custom jars, and how the Hudson build jobs and deployments can be configured.
- Extending Your SaaS Applications with PaaS | Debra Lilley
Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley recaps what she learned in a workshop focused on building PaaS extensions using the Rapid Development Kit, a collection of ADF artifacts.
- Jumpstarting Development on the #Cloud – Part 1 : Standardizing a Workflow | Jeevan Joseph
Solution architect Jeevan Joseph's article introduces you to a standardized multi-user workflow for the Oracle Developer Cloud Service. The intent is to showcase a how a team starting on the Service would collaborate on code to address various requirements and use-cases in a typical SDLC model.
- Oracle Weblogic SAML2 Authorization | Luis Rodriguez
CERN's Luis Rodriguez illustrates how to authorize your users in Oracle Weblogic once they have been authenticated.
- 4 New OTN Tech articles on JDeveloper, BPM, ADF
What do Wilfred van der Deijl, Richard Olrichs, Antonis Antoniou, and Ganesh Kamble do when they're not actually working with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM? They write detailed technical articles to help you in your work with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM. Here are four great examples.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
Rohan Walia's article provides an overview of WebCenter Data Presenter and step-by-step instructions for creating data controls and task flows at runtime.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part III: The Critical "How" | Ron Batra
According to Oracle ACE Director and cloud expert Ron Batra, "The How" is where the rubber really meets the road in your cloud transformation strategy. "Things become infinitely more interesting," he says. Read the latest installment in his ongoing series.
Thursday Feb 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 26, 2015
As if these people don't already spend plenty of time pounding a keyboard and taxing their tendons just doing their jobs...
Here are four new OTN technical articles written by community members.
Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1
by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou
This article by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou is part one of a two part series that compares the differences in fault handling options between Oracle BPM 11g and 12c, and explores the new error handling and recovery features introduced in Oracle BPM 12c.
Quality Assurance with JDeveloper 11g and 12c
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
A pair of ACEs explain the process behind creating Oracle JDeveloper and Application Development Framework (ADF) code audit rules, and why they think this is a powerful tool for developers.
Tutorial: Creating JDeveloper Audit Rules
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and
Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
Why postpone quality assurance until the very end of the software development process when you can use JDeveloper extensions to apply quality checks and rules to the code you write when you're writing it? In this 4-part companion tutorial for the article listed above, Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs show you how.
Externalize the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server
by Ganesh Kamble
This article discusses how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
If you're ready to laugh in the face of carpal tunnel syndrome and write an OTN technical article, leave a comment here, or ping me on Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
Tuesday Oct 28, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 28, 2014
This just in...
Among the 3,260 people following @OTNArchBeat the following Tweets were the Top 10 most popular for the week of October 21-27, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip from @gschwartzberg1 - Integrate #Essbase with #OBIEE @oracleace
Oct 23, 2014 at 09:48 AM
- #Microservices vs #SOA: Coexistence over conflict, advise these experts.
Oct 21, 2014 at 02:09 PM
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz >> Sample chapter from "Advanced WebLogic Server Automation"
Oct 24, 2014 at 01:09 PM
- Video: Oracle Developer Cloud Service: Git Integration with #JDeveloper >> from @OracleLL
Oct 21, 2014 at 03:16 PM
- I'm in, too! @oraclenerd t-shirt day.
Oct 24, 2014 at 09:52 AM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Oct 17-23 #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter
Oct 24, 2014 at 09:33 AM
- 3 Questions on #Microservices >> Your answers may be quoted in an upcoming @OracleMagazine article
Oct 27, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- Video by @BlueberryCoder: #APEX and #OracleMAF - Seeing is Believing
Oct 22, 2014 at 02:31 PM
- B2B Event Queue Management for Emergencies | Shub Lahiri #soa #soasuite #weblogic
Oct 21, 2014 at 01:57 PM
- You'll need these resources for the Mobile App Dev labs in the free OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 18
Oct 21, 2014 at 02:38 PM
Friday Oct 24, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 24, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made the following posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014).
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit Middleware/Mobile Track: By the Numbers
What's up with the Middleware track in the upcoming OTN Virtual Technology Summit (Nov 18)? 2 sub-tracks, 8 sessions, including 2 hands-on labs -- all focused on Mobile Architectures and Application Development. And it's all free!
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
- Oracle Developer Cloud Service: Git Integration with Oracle JDeveloper
A quick (2 minutes!) how-to video from the Oracle Learning Library show you how to use Oracle JDeveloper to clone a Git repository that is hosted by Oracle Developer Cloud Service and then to push changes back to the repository. Yeah, it's free.
- Microservices architectures: Thoughts from a SOA perspective | Sven Bernhardt
The contributors to this article "recommend that discussions about differences between Microservices and SOA should be avoided." What do you think?
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Passing Essbase Security to OBIEE | Glenn Schwartzberg
The 2 minute countdown timer proves no match for Oracle ACE Director Glenn Schwartzberg in this tech tip on integrating Oracle Essbase with Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition.
- Video and Slides: Data Caching Strategies for Oracle Mobile Application Framework | Andrejus Baranovskis
Check out this video tutorial based on Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis's session from Oracle OpenWorld 2014.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
This technical article illustrates how to use the Data Presenter in Oracle WebCenter Portal to create data controls and workflows at runtime.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Oct 19-25, 2014
Last week's Facebook Top 10 list features content covering Avatar.js , Java Embedded, JVM, Mobile, Node.js, Oracle MAF, REST, SOA Suite 12c, Spring, and WebLogic. Check it out!
- Video: 2 Min Tech Tip: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in OBIEE | Kevin McGinley
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley plays beat the clock with this tech tip that explains how to make it possible for OBIEE super-users to bypass the OBIEE metadata layer to query databases directly. Can he get it done in two minutes or less?
- Monitoring OAM Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Oracle A-Team solution architect Kiran Thakkar's article examines features in Oracle Access Manager for active management of preventive and detective access monitoring controls.
- Mobile Application Development: Hands-on Lab Resources
Click the link to access resources you will need to participate in the Mobile Application Development hands-on labs that are part of the Middleware Track in the FREE OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Nov 18. These labs will cover Oracle Mobile Application Framework, JDeveloper, and OEPE.
Nov 18, 2014. 9:00am PT / Noon ET
Friday Sep 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 19, 2014
Even busy spacemen take time to check the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the latest updates representing a cross-section of the architect community. Among spacemen and the rest of that page's 5,388 followers, these are the Top 10 most popular items over the last seven days, September 12-18, 2014.
- Archive Podcast: Audience Q&A with Cloud Experts
This podcast from the ArchBeat archive was recorded on July 9, 2013 during an OTN Architect Day event held at Oracle Headquarters in Redwood Shores, CA. The program features Oracle Cloud experts Dr. James Baty, Anbu Krishnaswamy, and Markus Michalewicz responding to questions from the audience.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - September 9-15, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat features content from across the community, covering Oracle ADF, Glassfish, GoldenGate, HTML5, ODI12c, OIM, and more.
- Mobile Today. More Mobile Tomorrow.
Big thanks to Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema, Oracle ACE Luc Bors, and Oracle peeps Chris Muir and Steven Davelaar. This article in the latest edition of Oracle Magazine would not have been possible without their invaluable insight.
- Part 1: Getting under the covers of Detached Credential Collector (DCC) | Tim Melander
Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Tim Melander kicks off new series within the larger Oracle Access Manager Academy article series.
- Managing the performance impact of OID last login | Simon Kissane
Having last login tracking enabled in Oracle Internet Directory can have a substantial performance cost. But don't worry! A-Team solution architect Simon Kissane has a cure for that headache that's better than aspirin!
- The Making of the World Cup Football 2014 Match Center ADF & AngularJS/HTML5 Application | Lucas Jellema
This blog post from Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is a companion to Marrying the Worlds of HTML5 and ADF, a new OTN technical article.
- Installing PHP on Oracle HTTP Server 12c | Chris Jones
These detailed, step-by-step instructions by Oracle Senior Product Manager Chris Jones walk you through the process of installing Oracle PHP on Oracle HTTP Server 12c.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building a High-Performance Private Cloud | Tushar Pandit
Can Exalogic senior director of product management Tushar Pandit explain how to build a high-performance private cloud on the Oracle Exalogic engineered system in two minutes or less?
- Marrying the Worlds of ADF and HTML 5 | Lucas Jellema
This article by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema demonstrates how, within the context of an ADF (or WebCenter Portal) application, even developers with no ADF skills at all can integrate small or large components developed with AngularJS outside of the ADF application.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Managing Java Memory Usage | John Davies Can John Davies, founder and CTO of UK-based C24, beat the 2-minute buzzer with his encapsulation of the sessions he will present at JavaOne 2014?
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015
- Video: Programming Languages for the Raspberry Pi | Lonneke Dikmans
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 4-10, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Nine Items I Posted During My Vacation