Friday Jun 26, 2015
Friday Jun 05, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 05, 2015
Wednesday Jan 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 21, 2015
The middleware track for the next Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit consists of two completely different sub-tracks:
As with every OTN Virtual Technology Summit, you can freely switch between any of the four primary tracks (Database, Java, Systems, Middleware), and between any sub-tracks within each.
In this post I want to focus on the agenda for the Open Source and Integration track, which covers WebLogic, Coherence, Maven and Java EE. I'll provide detail on the Data Integration and Analytics track in an upcoming post.
Register for this Free Event
|Session Abstract||Session Speaker Name/Title|
|Track Overview||This session includes an overview of the sessions in the middleware track, plus important information you need to know to get the most out of this OTN Virtual Technology Summit.||
Bob Rhubart, Manager, OTN Architect/Middleware Community
|Caching for Java - The JCache Standard and What it Means for You||By now you've likely heard about the JCache (JSR-107) standard that was recently accepted by the Java Community Process. As a long-standing JSR, it might have been easy to assume it would never come to light. But now this adoption offers a standardized way to provide caching for your Java applications. What does that mean? How can you use it? What are its limitations? Join us for a deep-dive into JCache and how Oracle's leadership in the caching space can provide your apps with increased performance.
Brian Oliver, Architect, Oracle Coherence
|Real-World Testing for Scalable Applications||The apps you're developing are getting increasingly complex, and they have multitudes of new requirements - including the ability to scale effectively. But how do you perform tests for your scalable applications efficiently? How can you spend less time worrying about testing and QA and more time creating value? Join us to discover how you can use Oracle Load Testing in order to test your apps' scalability without the fuss.||
Mikael Fries, Director of Product Management for Oracle Application Testing Solutions
|Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository||This session will focus on the brand new Oracle Maven Repository, which provides publicly accessible, online, on-demand access to the full set of Maven product artifacts provided in the Oracle WebLogic 12c releases. You'll learn what you'll find in the repository, how to access it, and we'll walk you step-by-step through how to use the repository in a project.||
Mark Nelson, Architect, Oracle Platform Engineering
You'll find an extensive list of additional resources for these sessions here, including hands-on lab guides and other information you'll want to access before the event.
About the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
Remember, each OTN Virtual Technology Summit includes four primary tracks:
You'll find the complete event agenda hereNote that the Database, Systems, and Middleware tracks each are split into two sub-tracks. So your registration for this event provides access to a total of seven tracks, and more than 20 individual sessions. You can freely switch between any of the tracks at any time.
Tuesday Sep 23, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 23, 2014
The man in the photo is not one of the 3,140 people following @OTNArchBeat. Is there a correlation between that fact, and the hideous wallpaper in his home?
While you're pondering that question, take a moment to peruse the Top 10 most popular @OTNArchBeat tweets for the last seven days, September 16-22, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Fast, Focused #Essbase Data Extraction | @CameronLackpour #ASO #BSO
Sep 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM
- Podcast: #Cloud on the Street: Evolving Conversations w/ @ronbatra @KellyGoetsch @bkhan @lemmes
Sep 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM
- There is more to #mobile than what you can hold in your hand. Insight from @lucasjellema @lucb_ et al
Sep 18, 2014 at 08:05 AM
- Hot Tips and Expert Insight: OTN Architect Community Newsletter for Sept 2014
Sep 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Sept 12-18 #adf #exalogic #html5 #jdeveloper #oow14 #oracleace
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:37 AM
- The Making of the World Cup Football 2014 Match Center ADF & AngularJS/HTML5 Application | @LucasJellema
Sep 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM
- Using #ADF BC Declarative Built-in Rules (Part 6 of 10): List validator | @AntoniouAntonis
Sep 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM
- Details on two #Glassfish sessions at the Oracle Users Forum at JavaOne, Sunday 28 Sept
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
- Starting and Stopping a #JavaEE Environment when using #WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:56 AM
- Video: Property Change and Provider Change Events in #OracleMAF | Grant Ronald
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:50 AM
Tuesday Jul 08, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 08, 2014
Among the 2,950 followers of @OTNArchBeat the following tweets were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, July 1-7, 2014.
- RT @brunoborges: Everything a developer needs to know about #WebLogic 12.1.3 is on this whitepaper (PDF) #JavaEE7 #Maven
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:25 PM
- Installing #SOASuite12c Quick Start Distribution | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:24 AM
- Summer Reading for Techies >> Three FREE sample chapters from recent tech books #weblogic #cloud
Jul 3, 2014 at 02:10 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: New A-Team post on probably most important new feature in Oracle MAF: custom components.
Jul 7, 2014 at 01:09 PM
- #Docker, #JavaEE7, and #Maven with #WebLogic 12.1.3 | @brunoborges
Jul 2, 2014 at 11:52 AM
- 10 New #OracleMAF training videos | Grant Ronald
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:04 AM
- RT @usableapps: UX in for a big change as @java translates to #IOT - @noelportugal
Jul 3, 2014 at 12:27 PM
- Installing Oracle Event Processing 12c | @GSchmutz
Jul 7, 2014 at 10:15 AM
- RT @tompeez: My Personal Bug Parade of JDev 12.1.2 fixed in JDev 12.1.3
Jul 1, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Differences Between R12.1 and R12.2 Integration with OAM | @vasuballa
Jul 7, 2014 at 09:55 AM
Thursday Jun 26, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 26, 2014
Martin Heinzl is a principal consultant with MH Enterprise Consulting in Germany, a specialist in Java EE, Oracle WebLogic, and middleware infrastructure architecture, and the author of Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, available from Rampant TechPress.
In this interview Martin offers a great deal of detail about what you'll find in his book. And if you want even more, check out Creating Domains with WLST, a sample chapter from the book.
Friday Jun 20, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 20, 2014
Among the 5,178 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following items were the Top 10 most popular for the week of June 13-19, 2014.
- Aggregating WebCenter Sites Content as a Service | Michael Sullivan
A technical how-to article from Oracle Fusion Middelware A-Team solution architect Michael Sullivan.
- Example of Application Version Management Using Oracle Traffic Director | Donald Forbes
Oracle Traffic Director (OTD) has a rich functional set that allows it to perform traffic management/shaping. In this post Donald Forbes shows you how it can be used for application version management.
- Video: Deployment - WLS and ADF Topologies | Chris Muir
Thinking about setting up Oracle WebLogic to host your ADF applications? Then you might want to check on on ADF Architecture TV host Chris Muir as he dives into WLS topologies and ADF Runtime libraries.
- SampleApp v406 - Automatic startup of OBIEE | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman shares his insight and technical tips for using the latest release of SampleApp, a VirtualBox appliance the Mark describes as, "a one-stop-shop for a demonstration of pretty much any conceivable thing that OBIEE is capable of."
- Fusion Middleware Summer Camps IV 2014 – August 4-8, 2014 - Lisbon | Jurgen Kress
Jurgen Kress shares information on the Fusion Middleware Summer Camps IV, August 4-8, 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal. The free five-day event includes hands-on training for Oracle SOA Suite and BPM Suite, plus an Internet of Things (IoT) hackathon and a Mobile Framework hackathon. Click the link for registration details.
- Book Review: Java EE 7 with GlassFish 4 Application Server by David Heffelfinger | Markus Eisele
"Go get it!" says Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - June 6-12, 2014
What were the most popular articles, blog posts, and videos shared on the OTN ArcBeat Facebook page for the past week? Check out this Top 10 list.
- Per Domain Node Manager | Frank Munz
Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz shares more Oracle WebLogic 12c tips in the lastest in his series of videos based on the latest edition of his book, Oracle WebLogic Servier 12c: Distinctive Recipes.
- Podcast: Cloud on the Street: Evolving Conversations
When you get past the headlines and the hype, what do members of the Oracle community really talk about when they talk about cloud computing? This OTN ArchBeat Podcast series asks members of the team behind the cloud computing track at Collaborate 2014 about the evolving conversations, questions, and perceptions.
- Archive Podcast: Mobile Architectures and Oracle ADF Mobile
From the ArchBeat Podcast Archive. This program from May 2013 features Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis, Oracle ACE Luc Bors, FMW A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar, and Oracle development tools product manager Shay Shmeltzer in a discussion about mobile architectures and Oracle ADF Mobile
Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @DBAKevlar: #EM12c rel4 is out! Woohoo!!
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
- Top 10 Arch Community Articles for May 2014 >> props to @markrittman @kevin_mcginley @porushh et al
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- Architecture of Analytics: @markrittman @kevin_mcginley >> Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit - July 9
Jun 4, 2014 at 09:13 AM
- My Top 10 Tweets - May 27 - June 2 #ADF #Essbase #FusionApps #Goldengate #Kscope14 #WebLogic.
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
- Starting and Stopping a #JavaEE Environment when using Oracle #WebLogic | Rene van Wijk #oracleace
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- Video: #KScope14 Preview: @DebraLilley never stops moving, never stops learning.
Jun 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @oraclebase
Jun 9, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross #weblogic
Jun 9, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Exalogic Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson
Jun 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @KentGraziano @DBAKevlar @dbasolved
Jun 3, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Friday Jun 06, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 06, 2014
The list below is comprised of the Top 10 most popular articles, blog posts, videos, and other content shared over the last seven days with the more than 5,100 people fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page.
- What is REST? | Maarten Smeets
"Most Middleware developers will encounter RESTful services," says Oracle SOA / BPM / Java integration specialist Maarten Smeets. "It is good to understand what they are, what they should be and how they work." His extensive post will help you achieve that understanding.
- Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs | Arvind Srinivasamoorth
This article, part one of Arvind Srinivasamoorth's two-part series on Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs, shows you how to identify the Fusion Applications SOAP web service to be invoked.
- Oracle Technology Network | Architect Community
Have you visited the OTN Solution Architect homepage lately? I've just updated it with information about the big OTN Virtual Tech Summit on July 9, plus the latest OTN tech articles, and a fresh list of community videos and podcasts. Check it out!
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Application Composer Series: Where and When to use Groovy | Richard Bingham
Richard Bingham describes his post as "more of a reference than an article." The post is comprised of a table that highlights where you can add your own custom logic via Groovy code and when you might use the various features.
- Kscope 2014: HFM Metadata Diagnostics | Eric Erikson
Oracle Certified Hyperion Financial Management Specialist Eric Erikson will present three sessions at ODTUG Kscope 2014, June 22-26 in Seattle. Why should you care? Watch the video.
- Tuning Asynchronous Web Services in Fusion Applications | Jian Liang
This article, the fourth in solution architect Jian Liang's five-part series on Fusion Applications and asynchronous Web Services, shows you how to conduct performance tuning of the asynchronous web services in relation to Fusion Applications.
- IDM FA Integration Flows | Thiago Leoncio
Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Identity Management for its identity store and policy store by default. This article by solution architect Thiago Leoncio explains how user and role flows work from different points of view, using key IDM products for each flow in detail.
- GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator - A Perfect Match in 12c... Part 1: Getting Started | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey has already written extensively about about integration between Oracle Data Integrator and GoldenGate -- but he's not done. "With the release of the 12c versions of ODI and GoldenGate last October, and a soon-to-be-updated reference architecture, it’s time to write a few posts on the subject again, " he says. Here's the first of those posts.
- Video: Kscope 2014 Preview: Tim Tow on Essbase Java API and ODTUG Community
Oracle ACE Director and ODTUG board member Tim Tow talks about his Kscope 2014 sessions focused on the Essbase Java API in this short video interview.
Tuesday Jun 03, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 03, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, May 27- June 2, 2014..
- RT @Java_EE: We changed the term from #J2EE and #JEE to Java EE in May 2006. Let's educate all users and especially recruiters. Retweet!
May 30, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Video: #kscope14 Preview: @timtow on Essbase Java API and @ODTUG Community
Jun 02, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- #GoldenGate and #ODI - A Perfect Match in 12c - Part 1: Getting Started | Michael Rainey
Jun 02, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise Mobile Apps - Part 2 w/ @chriscmuir @fnimphiu @stevendavelaar @lucb_
May 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Caveats on Using #WebLogic Server with JDK7 | @JayJayZheng
May 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- SOA and Business Processes: You are the Process! @gschmutz @dschmied @t_winterberg et al #industrialsoa
May 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Video: #Kscope14 Preview: Data Modeling and Moving Meditation with @KentGraziano
May 28, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- #Kscope14 Preview: @ericerikson on #HFM Metadata Diagnostics and more @ODTUG
Jun 02, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Extract Data from #FusionApps via Web Services | Richard Williams
May 29, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - May 20-26 #KScope14 #OBIEE #WebLogic #WebCenter
May 27, 2014 at 12:00 AM
- Video: Overview - GrovePi+ Starter Kit | Luc Bors
- Video: Setting Up Your Raspberry Pi | Luc Bors
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 23-29, 2015
- Video: Learn to ♥ APIs for a Lasting UX Relationship | Ultan O'Broin
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 18-25, 2015
- Video: Tuning Use Cases for PaaS4SaaS Success | Julian Orr
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 16-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 12-18, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 8-14, 2015
- #OTNVTS July 2015: It's all about WebLogic