Friday Aug 28, 2015
Wednesday Aug 19, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 19, 2015
The middleware track in the Fall 2015 edition of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit puts the spotlight on Oracle's Mobile Cloud Service (MCS), Process Cloud Service (PCS), and Java Cloud Service (JCS), three of the more the two dozen new services available on the Oracle Cloud Platform.[Read More]
Friday Aug 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 07, 2015
Normally I post 20-25 items per week on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. But last week I was on vacation, hanging out on the patio with Sasha and Bo, my greyhounds. And then Monday through Wednesday this week I was out of the office for meetings with the OTN community management team. So for the period of July 31 through August 6, I posted only 9 items. So rather than being a Top 10 list, this is a list of the 9 items I posted, ranked by popularity.[Read More]
Tuesday Jul 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 07, 2015
Friday May 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 29, 2015
Friday May 22, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 22, 2015
Friday May 15, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 15, 2015
Tuesday Mar 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 24, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brunoborges: Call for Papers for LA OTN Tour 2015 is open! via @rene_ace // let's push more Java and Middleware
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- #Microservices and #SOA: Insight from @ewolff @lonnekedikmans @sbernhardt @t_winterberg @oraclemagazine
Mar 23, 2015 at 07:25 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- Video: Passing #Essbase Security to #OBIEE, by @gschwartzberg1 #2MTT
Mar 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM
- RT @lucasjellema: Recently I published my 3rd blog article on @docker - describing how to create an image with Oracle DB 18.104.22.168 EE
Mar 23, 2015 at 01:22 PM
- RT @sfonplsql: My second Two Minute Tip for @OTNArchBeat is inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:34 AM
- #OracleMAF 2.1: #Mobile Front End for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part I, by @LucB_
Mar 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM
- One of the top user group events in the midwest: @NEOUG Great Lakes Oracle Conference May 19-20 #CLE
Mar 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Upgrading to #SOA12c; details of the next @UKOUG Middleware SIG, by @Simon_Haslam
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM
- Quick Installation with Oracle #SOA12c, by Heba Fouad
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Monday Dec 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 22, 2014
I recorded the first 2 Minute Tech Tip video on August 29, 2014. Since then (as of this writing), 34 people have presented tech tips, and more are on the way. Some are recorded via Skype, so the Tipsters can stay in their pajamas. The rest are recorded in-person, using my trusty iPad2. All are edited and assembled using iMovie. I have great fun doing these videos, and I'm reasonably certain the people presenting the tips had fun, too (though for #3 I thought I might have to perform CPR on Oracle ACE Luis Weir, and Oracle ACE Director Rich Niemiec in #2 scared me a little).
So here, based on YouTube's analytics, are the Top 10 most popular 2 Minute Tech Tips for 2014. Big thanks to all of the Tipsters who participated, and congratulations to those who made this list.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer | Lucas Jellema
Published on Sep 10, 2014
- Oracle 12c New Features | Rich Niemiec
Published on Oct 3, 2014
- Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Published on Oct 6, 2014
- How to be a Database Security Superhero | Michelle Malcher
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science? | Michael Rosenblum
Published on Oct 7, 2014
- Building a Responsive WebCenter Portal with ADF | JayJay Zheng
Published on Aug 29, 2014
- Fast, Focused Essbase Data Extraction | Cameron Lackpour
Published on Sep 17, 2014
- Application Security Essentials | Douwe Pieter van den Bos
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code | Steven Feuerstein
Published on Nov 13, 2014
- Managing Java Memory Use | John Davies
Published on Sep 15, 2014
If you want to be a 2 Minute Tech Tipster, please contact me via Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
- 12 More Things About Oracle Database 12c at OOW15 | Debra Lilley
- How to Win a Hackathon | Laurie Pattison
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 25 - 31, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for August 7-13, 2015