Friday May 29, 2015
Friday May 22, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 22, 2015
Friday May 15, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 15, 2015
Tuesday Mar 24, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 24, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015.
- RT @brunoborges: Call for Papers for LA OTN Tour 2015 is open! via @rene_ace // let's push more Java and Middleware
Mar 20, 2015 at 11:48 AM
- #Microservices and #SOA: Insight from @ewolff @lonnekedikmans @sbernhardt @t_winterberg @oraclemagazine
Mar 23, 2015 at 07:25 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Mar 19, 2015 at 10:49 AM
- Video: Passing #Essbase Security to #OBIEE, by @gschwartzberg1 #2MTT
Mar 19, 2015 at 09:23 AM
- RT @lucasjellema: Recently I published my 3rd blog article on @docker - describing how to create an image with Oracle DB 18.104.22.168 EE
Mar 23, 2015 at 01:22 PM
- RT @sfonplsql: My second Two Minute Tip for @OTNArchBeat is inspired by Fleetwood Mac's Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow!
Mar 23, 2015 at 06:34 AM
- #OracleMAF 2.1: #Mobile Front End for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part I, by @LucB_
Mar 18, 2015 at 09:41 AM
- One of the top user group events in the midwest: @NEOUG Great Lakes Oracle Conference May 19-20 #CLE
Mar 17, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- Upgrading to #SOA12c; details of the next @UKOUG Middleware SIG, by @Simon_Haslam
Mar 20, 2015 at 12:18 PM
- Quick Installation with Oracle #SOA12c, by Heba Fouad
Mar 23, 2015 at 11:20 AM
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Monday Dec 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 22, 2014
I recorded the first 2 Minute Tech Tip video on August 29, 2014. Since then (as of this writing), 34 people have presented tech tips, and more are on the way. Some are recorded via Skype, so the Tipsters can stay in their pajamas. The rest are recorded in-person, using my trusty iPad2. All are edited and assembled using iMovie. I have great fun doing these videos, and I'm reasonably certain the people presenting the tips had fun, too (though for #3 I thought I might have to perform CPR on Oracle ACE Luis Weir, and Oracle ACE Director Rich Niemiec in #2 scared me a little).
So here, based on YouTube's analytics, are the Top 10 most popular 2 Minute Tech Tips for 2014. Big thanks to all of the Tipsters who participated, and congratulations to those who made this list.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer | Lucas Jellema
Published on Sep 10, 2014
- Oracle 12c New Features | Rich Niemiec
Published on Oct 3, 2014
- Tools for SOA Governance and API Management | Luis Weir
Published on Oct 6, 2014
- How to be a Database Security Superhero | Michelle Malcher
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science? | Michael Rosenblum
Published on Oct 7, 2014
- Building a Responsive WebCenter Portal with ADF | JayJay Zheng
Published on Aug 29, 2014
- Fast, Focused Essbase Data Extraction | Cameron Lackpour
Published on Sep 17, 2014
- Application Security Essentials | Douwe Pieter van den Bos
Published on Oct 10, 2014
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code | Steven Feuerstein
Published on Nov 13, 2014
- Managing Java Memory Use | John Davies
Published on Sep 15, 2014
If you want to be a 2 Minute Tech Tipster, please contact me via Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
Tuesday Nov 25, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 25, 2014
Time flies! But over the last seven days (November 18-24, 2014) the 10 Tweets listed below proved to be the most popular among the 3,336 people following @OTNArchBeat.
- RT @java: Missed OTN Virtual Technology Summit? On-demand replay available #otnvts
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM
- RT @weblogicsupport: New free tutorial! How to configure WebLogic Server 12c (12.1.3) cluster via the administration console
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:28 PM
- #OSB and #SOASuite in the Mobile World, by @GSchmutz 10:30am PT OTN VTS Middleware track
Nov 18, 2014 at 01:15 PM
- Cloud Computing Adoption: Driven by Numbers or by Developers? @ronbatra wants to know.
Nov 19, 2014 at 02:18 PM
- MAF 2.0 : Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I, | @lucb_ #mobile #oraclemaf
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM
- Podcast: 5 experts in a room talking about #ODI
Nov 18, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @fteter: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.1 Released! | John Clingan
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:26 PM
- RT @ultan: Henrik Stahl of @oracle on @java development for #iot in @Oraclejavamag super read
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:28 PM
- #Oracle12c High Availability New Features: Table Recovery in a #GoldenGate Environment | @RandyRicheson
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:51 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Nov 20, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Tuesday Nov 18, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 18, 2014
You may ask yourself, "What were the Top 10 most popular tweets among the 3,314 followers of @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days?" Or you may not. I'm not a mind-reader. But if you do ask yourself that question, you'll find the the answer below.
- ODTUG Mobile Day Reston, VA Dec 2. Presos by @miaurman @ERoske @sspendol @Kevin_McGinley, others
Nov 11, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI Talk-a-Thon with @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 11, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @sfonplsql: My first Two Minute #plsql Tech Tip for @OTNArchBeat. Banish spaghetti code with nested subprograms.
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
- Securing Mobile Apps and Data in a BYOD World, by @1ndus > Part of FREE OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM;
- A better way to do virtualization? Getting to know #Docker, by @markxnelson @biemond @joelith
Nov 17, 2014 at 02:14 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:01 PM
- Managing WebLogic Server and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups | Martin Heinzl
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- 4-Part Tech Article Series: Oracle Identity Management in the Enterprise #oim #security
Nov 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM
- Don't Rewrite! Reuse! Architecture for Mobile Enablement, by @jeffmdavies > Part of FREE OTN Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Tuesday Oct 14, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 14, 2014
The 3,207 people who follow @OTNArchBeat are known for their bold fashion choices and cool dance moves. They made the tweets listed below the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, October 7-13, 2014.
- Video: Tweeting for Beer at #OOW14 >> Project developed by @marcomaciel and @brunoborges #java #IoT
Oct 9, 2014 at 12:16 PM
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using #OSB – Part 2 by @stevendavelaar
Oct 13, 2014 at 11:24 AM
- Podcast: The Case for Adaptive Case Management w/ @lonnkedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg @nicovanbenthem
Oct 10, 2014 at 09:52 AM
- RT @EricStephens: The Relative Value of EA Frameworks #bizarch #entarch
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:25 PM
- Video: Using Oracle #ADF Libraries >> #2MTT from @stenvesterli
Oct 9, 2014 at 03:46 PM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip by @kevin_mcginley: Using the Direct Database Request Feature in #OBIEE
Oct 7, 2014 at 11:37 AM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Integrate #Essbase with #OBIEE | Glenn Schwartzberg
Oct 7, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- The Parking Lot Pattern | Greg Mally #SOASuite
Oct 13, 2014 at 12:17 PM
- This free OTN online event includes #mobile #architecture sessions by @lonnekedikmans @JDevShay @1ndus
Oct 8, 2014 at 03:38 PM
- Viewers have spoken! Here are the Top 10 OTN ArchBeat Videos (Sep 7, 2014 – Oct 6, 2014)
Oct 8, 2014 at 04:46 PM
- Video: Setting Up Your Raspberry Pi | Luc Bors
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 23-29, 2015
- Video: Learn to ♥ APIs for a Lasting UX Relationship | Ultan O'Broin
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 18-25, 2015
- Video: Tuning Use Cases for PaaS4SaaS Success | Julian Orr
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 16-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 12-18, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - June 8-14, 2015
- #OTNVTS July 2015: It's all about WebLogic
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - June 5 - 11, 2015