By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 05, 2012
- Why is enterprise software often so complicated? | Rajesh Raheja
Rajesh Raheja shares "a few examples of requirements that lead to creation of complex platform infrastructures that up the complex enterprise software."
- Educause Top-Ten IT Issues - the most change in a decade or more | Cole Clark
Cole Clark discusses why "higher education IT must change in order to fully realize the potential for transforming the institution, and therefore it's people must learn new skills, understand and accept new ways of solving problems, and not be tied down by past practices or institutional inertia."
- Oracle VM RAC template - what it took | Wim Coekaerts
Wim Coekaerts shares an example that shows how easy it is to deploy a complete Oracle RAC cluster with Oracle VM.
- Oracle Cloud and Oracle Platinum Services Announcements
Featuring Larry Ellison and Mark Hurd. Wednesday, June 06, 2012. 1:00 p.m. PT – 2:30 p.m. PT
- Creating an Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 2.3 Application Part 1 : Scoping and Design | Mark Rittman
www.rittmanmead.com Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman launches a new series that dives into "the various stages in building a simple Oracle Endeca Information Discovery application, using the recent Endeca Information Discovery 2.3 release."
- Introducing Decision Tables in the SOA Suite 11g | Lucas Jellama
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema demonstrates how "the decision table can be put to good use to implement the business logic behind the classical game of Rock, Paper and Scissors."
- Application integration: reorganise, recycle, repurpose | Andrew Clarke
"Integration is a topic which is in everybody's baliwick," says Oracle ACE Andrew Clarke. "The business people want to get the best value from their existing IT investments. The architects need to understand the interfaces between the silos and across the layers. The developers have to implement it."
- Using XA Transactions in Coherence-based Applications | Jonathan Purdy
Purdy shares "a few common approaches when integrating Coherence into applications via the use of an application server's transaction manager."
Thought for the Day
"The difficulty lies, not in the new ideas, but in escaping from the old ones..."
— John Maynard Keynes
(June 5, 1883 - April 4, 1946)
Source: Quotations Page