Friday Jul 24, 2015
Friday Jul 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 10, 2015
Friday Jun 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 26, 2015
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Friday Dec 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 19, 2014
Here it is, the final Facebook Friday Top 10 list for 2014 (I'm taking some time off over the holidays). In 2014 the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page picked up an additional 1,455 new fans, for a total of 6,217. Big thanks to all the fans who follow the page, and to the experts who create all the content that brings the fans to the page.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways: Parallel Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Part 3 in Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou's 5-part series shows you how to you can use the parallel gateway in a process.
- How to implement a custom WCS flex filter | Noël Jaffré
This A-Team Chronicles blog post includes links to a document by Noël Jaffré of OCS/EMEA "that describes very succinctly how to implement a custom flex filter class for use with WebCenter Sites flex assets."
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About BPM 11g/12c | Mark Foster et al
Mark Foster collaborated with his A-Team colleagues Sushil Shukla, Siming Mu, John Featherly, and Pete Farkas to put together this list of things everyone should know when embarking on a BPM project.
- Top 5 OTN Business Intelligence Articles for 2014
Why only the Top 5? Because these five Business Intelligence articles totally dominated the category. Congrats to authors Mark Rittman, Kevin McGinley, Christian Screen, Edelweiss Kammermann, and Yuli Vasiliev.
- Xmas Day 2014: IoT Devices Go Online | Hinkmond Wong
Hinkmond Wong shares an interesting take on how Christmas Day 2014 might be a milestone in Internet history.
- Updated Coherence JVisualVM Plugin in Latest Coherence Patch | Tim Middleton
As reported by Tim Middleton, Coherence 184.108.40.206.1, (Patch 18378184) includes updates to the Coherence JVisualVM Plugin, a couple of UI tweaks, and it addresses an issue when monitoring Coherence clusters in WebLogic Server environments.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? Monty Latiolais heads up an expert panel that debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Free Tutorial Series: Monitoring of Mobile Applications | Oracle Learning Library
This series of four short tutorials (5 mins each) describes the daily monitoring of mobile applications with the Applications Interface Services Server through Server Manager. Free from the Oracle Learning Library.
- BPM Workspace Login with libOVD and LDAP - Part 1: Configuration and Startup | Siming Mu
This article by solution architect Siming Mu is the first of a series that will shed some light on the interactions between BPM Workspace, libOVD and LDAPs. Information in this post is obtained by analyzing a series of libOVD trace logs.
- Top 10 OTN Identity Mgmt and Security Articles for 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it the ever-present risk of hacker attacks, like the recent assault on Sony Pictures? Ease your mind with this list of 2014's Top 10 most popular OTN technical articles on identity management and security.
Monday Dec 15, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 15, 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it something else?
Identity Management and Security are consistently hot topics across the OTN community. Given the frequency of news reports of hacker attacks like the recent assault on Sony Pictures, it's easy to understand why.
So, as part of my ongoing series of posts looking back on some of the OTN content that has attracted the most eyeballs in 2014, here's a list of the year's Top 10 Identity and Security articles. If you know any of the authors, take them out for an espresso.
- How To Configure Browser-based SSO with Kerberos/SPNEGO and Oracle WebLogic Server [May 2013]
by Abhijit Patil
Oracle WebLogic Server offers a complete solution for single sign-on with Microsoft clients using Kerberos.
- Working with Oracle Security Token Service in an Architecture Involving Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Service Bus [January 2014]
by Ronaldo Fernandes
Using Oracle Security Token Service to generate Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) tokens.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Reconciliation Events Processing [April 2013]
by Firdaus Fraz
Available options and the associated limitations for reconciliation and the sequencing of reconciliation events in Oracle Identity Manager
- Diagnosing Intermittent Authentication Failures and User Lock-Outs in Oracle WebLogic [February 2014]
by Shailesh K. Mishrah
How login failures in WebLogic can be diagnosed with the help of available debug flags and log files.
- Flexible Manipulation of Session Timeout for Oracle Identity Manager Web Applications [January 2014]
by Firdaus Fraz
Session timeout configuration for Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2PS1 using an Oracle WebLogic deployment plan.
- Oracle Identity Manager UI Customizations [February 2014]
by Gaurav Singh
Tips, tricks, and technical insight into customizations for the Oracle Identity Manager user interface.
- Project Lockdown [August 2010]
by Arup Nanda
A phased approach to securing your database infrastructure.
- Multi-Factor Authentication in Oracle WebLogic [October 2013]
by Shailesh K. Mishra
Using multi-factor authentication to protect web applications deployed on Oracle WebLogic.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Catalog: Domain Index Best Practices and FAQs [May 2014]
by Lokesh Gupta
Optimizations and best practices for domain-based indexing with the Access Request Catalog feature in Oracle Identity Management.
- Protecting IDPs from Malformed SAML Requests [July 2013]
by Steffo Weber
Using Oracle API Gateway as an XML firewall to protect Oracle Identity Federation from receiving malformed SAML requests
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Friday Jun 06, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 06, 2014
The list below is comprised of the Top 10 most popular articles, blog posts, videos, and other content shared over the last seven days with the more than 5,100 people fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page.
- What is REST? | Maarten Smeets
"Most Middleware developers will encounter RESTful services," says Oracle SOA / BPM / Java integration specialist Maarten Smeets. "It is good to understand what they are, what they should be and how they work." His extensive post will help you achieve that understanding.
- Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs | Arvind Srinivasamoorth
This article, part one of Arvind Srinivasamoorth's two-part series on Integrating with Fusion Applications using SOAP web services and REST APIs, shows you how to identify the Fusion Applications SOAP web service to be invoked.
- Oracle Technology Network | Architect Community
Have you visited the OTN Solution Architect homepage lately? I've just updated it with information about the big OTN Virtual Tech Summit on July 9, plus the latest OTN tech articles, and a fresh list of community videos and podcasts. Check it out!
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Oracle Fusion Middleware specialist Rene van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Application Composer Series: Where and When to use Groovy | Richard Bingham
Richard Bingham describes his post as "more of a reference than an article." The post is comprised of a table that highlights where you can add your own custom logic via Groovy code and when you might use the various features.
- Kscope 2014: HFM Metadata Diagnostics | Eric Erikson
Oracle Certified Hyperion Financial Management Specialist Eric Erikson will present three sessions at ODTUG Kscope 2014, June 22-26 in Seattle. Why should you care? Watch the video.
- Tuning Asynchronous Web Services in Fusion Applications | Jian Liang
This article, the fourth in solution architect Jian Liang's five-part series on Fusion Applications and asynchronous Web Services, shows you how to conduct performance tuning of the asynchronous web services in relation to Fusion Applications.
- IDM FA Integration Flows | Thiago Leoncio
Fusion Applications uses the Oracle Identity Management for its identity store and policy store by default. This article by solution architect Thiago Leoncio explains how user and role flows work from different points of view, using key IDM products for each flow in detail.
- GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator - A Perfect Match in 12c... Part 1: Getting Started | Michael Rainey
Michael Rainey has already written extensively about about integration between Oracle Data Integrator and GoldenGate -- but he's not done. "With the release of the 12c versions of ODI and GoldenGate last October, and a soon-to-be-updated reference architecture, it’s time to write a few posts on the subject again, " he says. Here's the first of those posts.
- Video: Kscope 2014 Preview: Tim Tow on Essbase Java API and ODTUG Community
Oracle ACE Director and ODTUG board member Tim Tow talks about his Kscope 2014 sessions focused on the Essbase Java API in this short video interview.
Friday Apr 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 04, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 28 - April 3, 2014.
- Analyzing How MDM and MAM Stack Up Against Your Mobile Security Requirements | Matt Flynn
"As the mobile access landscape changes and organizations continue to lose more and more control over how and where information is used, there is also a seismic shift taking place in the underlying mobile security models, " says Matt Flynn. He explores some of those models in this post.
- Multi Channel Architectures and Securing The Mobile Channel | Ricardo Diaz
Ricardo Diaz's post is the first in a series that will cover mobile security risks, look at variety of IDM issues, including MDM, MAM, device management, fraud, secure containers, and extending IdM to mobile.
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (Python: urllib2) | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article, part of a series focused on using various technologies to invoke SOAP web services provided by Fusion Applications, zeroes in on using urllib2 for Python.
- Fusion Applications Lifecycle – the Big Picture
This article from the Fusion Middleware A-Team summarizes lifecycle topics related to key phases of Oracle Fusion Applications implementation and maintenance, highlighting existing options, tools and documentation. The purpose is to provide a clear and concise overview along with pointers that guide you to detailed next steps.
- Migrating JDBC Resources from GlassFish to WebLogic | Bruno Borges
Bruno Borges continues his series of articles on Migrating from GlassFish to WebLogic with a look at the migration of DataSources.
- Managed Bean changes should mark their ADF Scope dirty in a HA cluster | Wilfred van der Deijl
Are you developing ADF applications that will run on a high-availability WebLogic cluster? If so, you'll want to read Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl's latest post.
- Integrating With Fusion Application Using Services (SoapUi) | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's series on using various technologies to invoke SOAP web services provided by Fusion Applications continues with this post focused on using SoapUI.
- Using your Existing Oracle ADF Applications as a Pillar of your Mobile Strategy | Frederic Desbiens
Frédéric Desbiens considers the basic principles of service orientation and the challenges that are specific to mobile applications in order to show you how to use exisitng Oracle ADF applications as one of the pillars of your mobile back-end.
- Podcast: Big Data Architecture - Part 3
There's big, and then there's BIG! Oracle ACE Director and Hadoop expert Gwen Shapira joins "Oracle Big Data Handbook" authors Brian MacDonald, Bruce Nelson, and Thomas Plunkett to discuss the challenges of keeping up with coming data explosion.
- Integrating WebCenter Analytics with WebCenter Portal | Daniel Merchán García
A detailed, step-by-step guide from Daniel Merchan Garcia.
Thought for the Day
"A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing."
— Emo Philips, comedian
Monday Dec 23, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 23, 2013
If you think the term "Identity Management" refers to something a celebrity hires a public relations firm to do after showing up for an interview with a gallon of bourbon and no pants, it is unlikely that you'll have any interest in two new articles now available on OTN.
But if your responsibilities include working with Oracle Identity Manager in order to control who goes where and does what with enterprise systems, these articles just might help you avoid your own embarrassing situation.
Oracle Identity Manager 11gR2 Reconciliation Events Processing
by Firdaus Fraz
Firdaus Fraz is Principal Solutions Architect with the Oracle Fusion Middleware Identity Management A-Team. Her latest OTN article she explores that available options and the associated limitations for reconciliation and the sequencing of reconciliation events in Oracle Identity Manager.
Programmatic Identity Assertion with Oracle Platform Security Services
by Shailesh K. Mishra
This short article from a member of the Oracle Identity Manager team shows how programmatic identity assertion can be performed using OPSS APIs in cases where code must run under the security context of a runtime identity.
Looking for more articles on Identity and Security? Click here!
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016