The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of September 16-22, 2012.
- The Real Architects of LA: OTN Architect Day in Los Angeles - Oct 25
No gossip. No drama. No hair pulling. Just a full day of technical sessions and peer interaction focused on using Oracle technologies in today's cloud and SOA architectures. The event is free, but seating is limited, so register now.
Thursday October 25, 2012. 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sofitel Los Angeles, 8555 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048.
- OIM-OAM-OAAM integration using TAP – Request Flow you must understand!! | Atul Kumar
Atul Kumar's post addresses "key points and request flow that you must understand" when integrating three Oracle Identity Management product Oracle Identity Management, Oracle Access Management, and Oracle Adaptive Access Manager.
- Cloud, automation drive new growth in SOA governance market | ZDNet
"SOA governance tools and processes learned over the past decade are now underpinning cloud projects as they scale across enterprises," reports Joe McKendrick. But there remains a lack of understanding about SOA Governance.
- DevOps Basics: Track Down High CPU Thread with ps, top and the new JDK7 jcmd Tool | Frank Munz
"The approach is very generic and works for WebLogic, Glassfish or any other Java application," say Frank Munz. "UNIX commands in the example are run on CentOS, so they will work without changes for Oracle Enterprise Linux or RedHat. Creating the thread dump at the end of the video is done with the jcmd tool from JDK7." Frank has captured the process in the posted video.
- Oracle OpenWorld 2012 Hands-on Lab: "Leading Your Everyday Application Integration Projects with Enterprise SOA"
Yet another session to squeeze into your already-jammed Oracle OpenWorld schedule. This hands-on lab focuses on how "Oracle Enterprise Repository, Oracle Application Integration Architecture (AIA) Foundation Pack, and Oracle SOA Suite work together to help you drive your enterprisewide integration projects."
- Loving VirtualBox 4.2… | The ORACLE-BASE Blog
Is it wrong for a man to love a technology? Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall has several very good reasons for his feelings…
- ADF Create and CreateInsert Operations for ADF Table | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis answers the question, "What operation is best to use to insert a new row into an ADF table, Create or CreateInsert?"
- Fault Handling Slides and Q&A | Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen shares the slides and a Q&A transcript from a presentation he and fellow ACE Director Guido Schmutz gave at the recent Oracle OpenWorld and JavaOne preview event organized by AMIS Technology.
- Why IT is a profession in 'flux' | ZDNet
I usuallly don't post two items from the same person in one day, but this post from ZDNet blogger Joe McKendrick deals with some critical issues affecting those in IT. As McKendrick puts it: "IT professionals are under considerable pressure to deliver more value to the business, versus being good at coding and testing and deploying and integrating."
- Running RichFaces on WebLogic 12c | Markus Eisele
"With all the JMS magic and the different provider checks in the showcase this has become some kind of a challenge to simply build and deploy it," says Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele. His detailed post will help you to meet that challenge.
Thought for the Day
"Less is more."
— Ludwig Mies van der Rohe
(March 27, 1886 – August 17, 1969)