What happens when you put a couple of Java evangelists in the same room with a couple of product managers? Listen to the latest OTN ArchBeat Podast to find out.
The interview for this three-part series was recorded on June 13, 2013, during QCon New York. The four people involved in this wide-ranging conversation were all session speakers at QCon. This particular conversation, however, took place in a hotel room about ten floors above QCon. Java EE7 is at the center of the conversation, but as you’ll hear the talk expands to cover HTML5, mobile app development, and Oracle ADF Mobile.
The Panelists(listed alphabetically)
- Stephen Chin: Oracle JavaFX evangelist, author, speaker, and open-source hacker.
- Doug Clarke: Java persistence focused developer co-leading the EclipseLink project and Director of product Management for Oracle.
- Frederic DesBiens: Product Manager in the Oracle Application Development Tools group, specializing in Oracle JDeveloper and the Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF).
- Reza Rahman: Java EE/GlassFish Evangelist at Oracle, author, speaker, open source hacker.
- Listen to Part 1: The panel discusses the evolution of Java EE 7, HTML 5, and Lambda.
- Listen to Part 2: A discussion of the development gap and the need to adapt existing developer skills for evolving business requirements
- Listen to Part 3: A look at the forces shaping mobile app development and how Java developers can take advantage.
- The Q&A session from the Oracle Technology Network Architect Day event at Oracle HQ, July 9, 2013.
Stay tuned: RSS
Be a Podcast Producer
If you'd like to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast, put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.