Tuesday Dec 15, 2015
Tuesday Nov 25, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 25, 2014
Time flies! But over the last seven days (November 18-24, 2014) the 10 Tweets listed below proved to be the most popular among the 3,336 people following @OTNArchBeat.
- RT @java: Missed OTN Virtual Technology Summit? On-demand replay available #otnvts
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:04 PM
- RT @weblogicsupport: New free tutorial! How to configure WebLogic Server 12c (12.1.3) cluster via the administration console
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:28 PM
- #OSB and #SOASuite in the Mobile World, by @GSchmutz 10:30am PT OTN VTS Middleware track
Nov 18, 2014 at 01:15 PM
- Cloud Computing Adoption: Driven by Numbers or by Developers? @ronbatra wants to know.
Nov 19, 2014 at 02:18 PM
- MAF 2.0 : Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I, | @lucb_ #mobile #oraclemaf
Nov 20, 2014 at 12:12 PM
- Podcast: 5 experts in a room talking about #ODI
Nov 18, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @fteter: GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.1 Released! | John Clingan
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:26 PM
- RT @ultan: Henrik Stahl of @oracle on @java development for #iot in @Oraclejavamag super read
Nov 18, 2014 at 07:28 PM
- #Oracle12c High Availability New Features: Table Recovery in a #GoldenGate Environment | @RandyRicheson
Nov 24, 2014 at 08:51 AM
- Managing WebLogic and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups, by Martin Heinzel
Nov 20, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Tuesday Sep 23, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 23, 2014
The man in the photo is not one of the 3,140 people following @OTNArchBeat. Is there a correlation between that fact, and the hideous wallpaper in his home?
While you're pondering that question, take a moment to peruse the Top 10 most popular @OTNArchBeat tweets for the last seven days, September 16-22, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Fast, Focused #Essbase Data Extraction | @CameronLackpour #ASO #BSO
Sep 17, 2014 at 09:53 AM
- Podcast: #Cloud on the Street: Evolving Conversations w/ @ronbatra @KellyGoetsch @bkhan @lemmes
Sep 17, 2014 at 10:20 AM
- There is more to #mobile than what you can hold in your hand. Insight from @lucasjellema @lucb_ et al
Sep 18, 2014 at 08:05 AM
- Hot Tips and Expert Insight: OTN Architect Community Newsletter for Sept 2014
Sep 17, 2014 at 10:27 AM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Sept 12-18 #adf #exalogic #html5 #jdeveloper #oow14 #oracleace
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:37 AM
- The Making of the World Cup Football 2014 Match Center ADF & AngularJS/HTML5 Application | @LucasJellema
Sep 16, 2014 at 11:41 AM
- Using #ADF BC Declarative Built-in Rules (Part 6 of 10): List validator | @AntoniouAntonis
Sep 17, 2014 at 12:42 PM
- Details on two #Glassfish sessions at the Oracle Users Forum at JavaOne, Sunday 28 Sept
Sep 19, 2014 at 10:23 AM
- Starting and Stopping a #JavaEE Environment when using #WebLogic | Rene van Wijk
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:56 AM
- Video: Property Change and Provider Change Events in #OracleMAF | Grant Ronald
Sep 19, 2014 at 08:50 AM
Tuesday Sep 16, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 16, 2014
The guy in the photo is not one of the 3,122 people following @OTNArchBeat on Twitter, which may explain his unfortunate job situation. But among those 3,122 people, the following tweets, featuring content from across the community, were the Top 10 for the last seven days, September 9-15, 2014.
- Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML 5 | @LucasJellema #angularjs
Sep 15, 2014 at 08:41 AM
- Why Join the #JavaOne #GlassFish Community Events? | @Reza_Rahman
Sep 10, 2014 at 12:44 PM
- Using Oracle #GoldenGate for Trickle-Feeding #RDBMS Transactions into #Hive and #HDFS | @MarkRittman.
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:11 AM
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip by @LucasJellema on #Vagrant #Puppet #Docker and #Packer
Sep 11, 2014 at 09:48 AM
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise #Mobile Apps w/ @lucb_ @stevendavelaar @chriscmuir @fnimphiu
Sep 15, 2014 at 10:33 AM
- "The question is no longer whether to migrate to #HTML5, but when," says Alan Arthur Katz @TSS_dotcom
Sep 11, 2014 at 10:03 AM
- Analyzing Twitter Data using #Datasift, #MongoDB, #Hive and #ODI12c | @MarkRittman.
Sep 9, 2014 at 11:59 AM
- #SOA12c: Creating SOA Project Templates for Reusing SOA Composite Designs | Joe Greenwald
Sep 11, 2014 at 11:32 AM
- RT @debralilley: Over 110 signed up for our 12 short talks on 12c EMEA session at #OOW14, #eouc #ukoug
Sep 10, 2014 at 04:42 PM
- #OIM : Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Sep 15, 2014 at 09:51 AM
Friday Aug 01, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 01, 2014
Among the 5,265 followers of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page -- a community that could possibly include cycloptic star creatures from a distant planet -- these are the top 10 most popular posts for the last seven days, July 25-31, 2014.
- Rapid creation of Virtual Machine(s) for SOA Suite 12.1.3 server run time environment - leveraging Vagrant, Puppet and Biemond | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema extends his series on using Vagrant and Puppet for the automated creation of Virtual Machines, with a description the steps he took to create two VMs using scripts written by Edwin Biemond.
- Fastest way to a Virtual Machine with JDeveloper 12.1.3 and Oracle Database XE 11gR2 - on Ubuntu Linux 64 bit | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema gets you there in 10 steps.
- Video: Oracle SOA Suite 12c: REST Enabling SOA
This video from the Oracle Learning Library demonstrates how to REST enable an existing SOAP service using Oracle SOA Suite 12c, a technique that can be used for mobile service enablement.
- GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 4.0 Download – nightly builds | Jurgen Kress
"As an open source project, GlassFish is being developed in an open and transparent manner," explains Jurgan Kress. Read his short post to learn where to download the latest build.
- Test your Application with the WebLogic Maven plugin | Edwin Biemond
Software architect Edwin Biemond shows you how easy it is to add some unit tests to your application when you use Maven together with the 12.1.3 Oracle software such as WebLogic , JDeveloper or Eclipse OEPE.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - July 22-28, 2014
This week's list of Top 10 Tweets includes items on Big Data, Glassfish, Hadoop, Java, ODI, OSB, SOA Suite 12c, and more.
- Why Oracle Big Data SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
A technical analysis from Oracle ACE Director and business intelligence expert Mark Rittman.
- Introduction to Fusion Applications Roles Concepts | Jack Desai
This post from the Fusion Middleware A-Team blog reviews the definition of "Functional Roles" and provides introductory internals on the technical implementation of "Roles” within Fusion Applications.
- Video: Cluster Targeted JMS Load Balancing and Co-Location | Frank Munz
A new addition to the "Oracle WebLogic: Distinctive Recipes" video series from Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz.
- 10 Tips for getting started with Oracle MAF | Graeme Mawson
Graeme Mawson shares a collection of "little tips and tricks that will make life easier as you’re learning your way around" the Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF).
Tuesday Jul 29, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 29, 2014
Among the 2,998 people who follow @OTNArchBeat these ten tweets were the most popular for over the last seven days, July 22-28, 2014.
- RT @forrester: As #bigdata explodes, so do old ways of doing business. @PracticingEA explains why a reset is necessary. #forrbigdata
Jul 23, 2014 at 02:50 PM
- RT @brunoborges: This is a robot of the Home League at #RoboCup2014 and it is using @Java for state machine. Cool!!
Jul 23, 2014 at 02:52 PM
- Why Oracle Big Data #SQL Potentially Solves a Big Issue with #Hadoop Security | Mark Rittman
Jul 28, 2014 at 07:37 AM
- What's New in #SOA Suite 12c - Rapid Installation >> excerpt from a white paper by @SOASimone
Jul 23, 2014 at 04:24 PM
- Oracle #SOASuite at #OOW14: List of Sessions and Speakers
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:46 AM
- Archive Podcast: Data Warehousing and #ODI w/ @gurcan_orhan @ubethke @CameronLackpour @mRainey
Jul 24, 2014 at 12:19 PM
- Set-up a 12c Oracle Service Bus Infrastructure | Rene van Wijk #soa #oraclace
Jul 25, 2014 at 10:35 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @JavaOneConf
Jul 24, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- RT @MoDJorg: IT-Security (Part 6): WebLogic Server and Authorization
Jul 23, 2014 at 05:24 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @glassfish @OracleSOA @wrecks47
Jul 23, 2014 at 01:47 PM
Friday Jun 20, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 20, 2014
Among the 5,178 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following items were the Top 10 most popular for the week of June 13-19, 2014.
- Aggregating WebCenter Sites Content as a Service | Michael Sullivan
A technical how-to article from Oracle Fusion Middelware A-Team solution architect Michael Sullivan.
- Example of Application Version Management Using Oracle Traffic Director | Donald Forbes
Oracle Traffic Director (OTD) has a rich functional set that allows it to perform traffic management/shaping. In this post Donald Forbes shows you how it can be used for application version management.
- Video: Deployment - WLS and ADF Topologies | Chris Muir
Thinking about setting up Oracle WebLogic to host your ADF applications? Then you might want to check on on ADF Architecture TV host Chris Muir as he dives into WLS topologies and ADF Runtime libraries.
- SampleApp v406 - Automatic startup of OBIEE | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman shares his insight and technical tips for using the latest release of SampleApp, a VirtualBox appliance the Mark describes as, "a one-stop-shop for a demonstration of pretty much any conceivable thing that OBIEE is capable of."
- Fusion Middleware Summer Camps IV 2014 – August 4-8, 2014 - Lisbon | Jurgen Kress
Jurgen Kress shares information on the Fusion Middleware Summer Camps IV, August 4-8, 2014 in Lisbon, Portugal. The free five-day event includes hands-on training for Oracle SOA Suite and BPM Suite, plus an Internet of Things (IoT) hackathon and a Mobile Framework hackathon. Click the link for registration details.
- Book Review: Java EE 7 with GlassFish 4 Application Server by David Heffelfinger | Markus Eisele
"Go get it!" says Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - June 6-12, 2014
What were the most popular articles, blog posts, and videos shared on the OTN ArcBeat Facebook page for the past week? Check out this Top 10 list.
- Per Domain Node Manager | Frank Munz
Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz shares more Oracle WebLogic 12c tips in the lastest in his series of videos based on the latest edition of his book, Oracle WebLogic Servier 12c: Distinctive Recipes.
- Podcast: Cloud on the Street: Evolving Conversations
When you get past the headlines and the hype, what do members of the Oracle community really talk about when they talk about cloud computing? This OTN ArchBeat Podcast series asks members of the team behind the cloud computing track at Collaborate 2014 about the evolving conversations, questions, and perceptions.
- Archive Podcast: Mobile Architectures and Oracle ADF Mobile
From the ArchBeat Podcast Archive. This program from May 2013 features Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis, Oracle ACE Luc Bors, FMW A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar, and Oracle development tools product manager Shay Shmeltzer in a discussion about mobile architectures and Oracle ADF Mobile
Friday May 30, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 30, 2014
Among the 5,144 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page the following Top 10 items were the most popular over the last seven days, May 23-29, 2014.
- GlassFish/Java EE Community Open Forum Today! | Reza Rahman
Have questions about Glassfish? Java EE/GlassFish evangelist Reza Rahman has answers, and you can pick his brain tomorrow during an online forum organized by the London Glassfish User Group and C2B2. The event is free, but you must register in order to participate. Click the link for more information.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - May 20-26, 2014
The top 10 @OTNArchBeat tweets for the week of May 20-26, 2014. Topics covered include ADF, Cloud, GoldenGate, KScope14, OBIEE, ODI, WebLogic, WebCenter, and more.
- FrameworkFolders Support has come to Oracle WebCenter Portal | JayJay Zheng
Interested in working with Framework Folders in Oracle WebCenter Portal? Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng reviews the essentials.
- Video: Programming Best Practices - ADF Business Components | Frank Nimphius
Frank Nimphius discusses best practices and recommendations for ADF Business Components in the latest video from ADF Architecture TV.
- Video: Kscope 2014 Preview: Data Modeling and Moving Meditation with Kent Graziano
For your mind and your body! Oracle ACE Director Kent Graziano previews his Kscope 2014 data modeling presentations and the early morning Chi Gung sessions he will once again lead for Kscope attendees.
- OAG and OES Integration for Web API Security: skin and guts | Andre Correa
A-Team architect Andre Correa's post examines a strategy for web API security that uses OAG (Oracle API Gateway) and OES (Oracle Entitlements Server).
- Getting Started with Coherence*Web in WebLogic Server 12.1.2 | Tim Middleton
Solution architect Tim Middleton shows you how to configure Coherence*Web in WebLogic Server 12.1.2 and deploy a basic web application.
- SOA and Business Processes: You are the Process!
Part of the 13-part "Industrial SOA" article series, this article looks at best practices for modeling and managing effective business processes.
- Authentication in Oracle Identity Federation/ IdP | Damien Carru
Damien Carru discuss authentication when OIF acts as an IdP and how the server can be configured to use specific OAM Authentication Schemes to challenge the user.
- Caveats on Using WebLogic Server with JDK7 | JayJay Zheng
Quick tech tips from Oracle ACE JayJay Zheng.
Tuesday Apr 29, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 29, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days (April 22-28, 2014).
- Software architecture: Five things every developer should know | Simon Brown
Apr 23, 2014 at 09:51 AM
- RT @glassfish: Reminder : Virtual Developer Days - Java 2014
Apr 24, 2014 at 08:54 AM
- Podcast: #SOA and #Cloud - Where's This Relationship Going? w/ @hajonormann @gschmutz @soacommunity
Apr 24, 2014 at 08:23 AM
- Architects take note: "Simple Is The New Cool," says @FTeter
Apr 22, 2014 at 09:24 AM
- Fusion Application Incremental Data Migration | Ayush Ganeriwal #ODI
Apr 25, 2014 at 10:04 AM
- Webcast: Migrating from #GlassFish to #WebLogic w/ @brunoborges April 30 10am PT / 1pm ET
Apr 24, 2014 at 09:05 AM
- New (free) Coherence GoldenGate HotCache Tutorial
Apr 23, 2014 at 12:17 PM
- Ready-To-Use #SOA / #BPM 22.214.171.124.1 VM and Case Management Sample | @AndrejusB
Apr 23, 2014 at 10:24 AM
- Working with #OSTS in an Architecture Involving #WebLogic and #OSB | Rolando Fernandes
Apr 25, 2014 at 09:55 AM
- Video: Preview of @OTechMag Spring 2014 Edition | @omebos
Apr 28, 2014 at 11:17 AM
Thought for the Day
"My washing machine overwhelms me with its options and its sophistication."
— Uma Thruman, actor
(born April 29, 1970)
Tuesday Apr 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 22, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @glassfish: Asynchronous CDI Events? via @p_nowicki, @antoine_sd @reza_rahman #cdi2 #javaee
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:22 AM
- #SOA and #Cloud: final article in the #industrialsoa series
Apr 17, 2014 at 08:54 AM
- BPM Workspace for iOS on iTunes | @MarkxNelson
Apr 18, 2014 at 08:03 AM
- BPM update adds Case Management Web Interface and REST APIs | @markxnelson
Apr 16, 2014 at 10:22 AM
- Quick, and a bit dirty, #JSON Schema generation with #MOXy 2.5.1 | @kingsfleet #REST
Apr 15, 2014 at 10:51 AM
- Podcast: #SOA and #Cloud - Where is this relationship going? w/ @hajonormann @schmutz @soacommunity
Apr 18, 2014 at 07:52 AM
- Using Groovy Syntax in Oracle #ADF | Arda Eralp
Apr 16, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @delabassee @MasayukiNagaoka
Apr 15, 2014 at 01:49 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @arungupta @wlscommunity @IOUG
Apr 16, 2014 at 01:49 PM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @DBAKevlar @wlscommunity @arungupta
Apr 20, 2014 at 01:49 PM
Thought for the Day
"I'll tell you one thing: Don't ever give anybody your best advice, because they're not going to follow it."
— Jack Nicholson, actor
(born April 22, 1937)
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016