By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 24, 2013
2,819 people now follow OTN ArchBeat on Facebook. These are the Top 10 most popular items shared there for the week of June 16-22, 2013.
- Getting started with Java EE 7: Hands-on in 10 minutes | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director and prolific blogger Lucas Jellema offers his take on the Java EE7 release and shares tips and resources to help you on your way.
- Not ‘how’ but ‘why’ should you upgrade to JDeveloper & ADF 184.108.40.206.0 | Chris Muir
Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall and Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir collaborated on this dialog that just might help you in your decision.
- OTN Architect Day: Cloud Computing - July 9, Redwood Shores, CA
You won't need 3D glasses to see the technical sessions at OTN Architect Day: Cloud Computing, July 9, 2013. Redwood Shores, CA. It's free! It's live! Register now!
- Video: Frédéric Desbiens: Bringing Java to On-Device iOS and Android Apps (QCon NYC 2013)
Oracle Application Development Tools product manager Frédéric Desbiens recaps his QCon New York presentation about how Java developers can leverage existing skills to develop enterprise mobile applications.
- OEPE 220.127.116.11.2 with GlassFish Tools released | Peter Benedikovic
Peter Benedikovic's brief post offers an overview of some of the features in the new version of Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse, released in conjunction with the release of Java EE 7.
- Oracle Enterprise Manager 12c Configuration Best Practices (Part 2 of 3) | Bethany Lapaglia
Part 2 of Beth Lapaglia's 3-part series on the most commonly implemented configuration changes to improve performance and operation of a large Enterprise Manager 12c environment focuses on recommended WebLogic Server changes.
- Video: Doug Clarke: Polyglot Persistence: From NoSQL to HTML5 (QCon NYC 2013)
Doug Clarke, EclipseLink Project Lead and Oracle Director of Product Management gives a very condensed version of his QCon New York presentation on "Polyglot Persistence: From NoSQL to HTML5."
- Podcast Show Notes: DevOps, Cloud, and Role Creep - Part 2
Automation and innovation had a huge impact on the manufacturing jobs of years gone by. Is something similar happening to some IT jobs? Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra, Basheer Khan, and Cary Millsap discuss what's happening in part 2 of this 3-part podcast.
- Video: Reza Rahman: Building Java HTML5/WebSocket Applications with JSR 356 (QCon NYC 2013)
Java EE/GlassFish evangelist Reza Rahman talks about how WebSocket provides "the basis for a new generation of interactive and live Web applications" for mobile developers.
- Lessons from Fusion HCM Implementations | Tim Warner
Oracle ACE Tim Warner shares summaries of the Fusion HCM implementation experiences of several companies, as detailed in presentations at the 2013 Oracle HCM Users Group Conference.
Thought for the Day
"If the mind really is the finest computer, then there are a lot of people out there who need to be rebooted."