Tuesday Aug 18, 2015
Friday Jul 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 10, 2015
Friday May 29, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 29, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Tuesday Feb 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 03, 2015
Based on the number of retweets among the 3,495 people following @OTNArchBeat, these are the Top 10 Tweets for the last seven days, January 27 - February 2, 2015.
- Podcast: The Case for Adaptive Case Mgmt w/ @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit Feb 11. Middleware track sessions on Open Source and Integration
Jan 28, 2015 at 01:00 PM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- OTN Virtual Tech Summit middleware track. 6 experts. 6 sessions. All FREE. Feb 11
Jan 27, 2015 at 06:00 PM
- Archive Podcast: Meeting #SOA Governance Challenges w/ @Luisw19 @manelrosa et al
Jan 28, 2015 at 09:22 AM
- #WLST Script Profiles. Video by Peter Bowers #weblogic
Feb 2, 2015 at 12:29 PM
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications, by Roland Koenn
Jan 27, 2015 at 11:40 AM
- Virus-Proofing Oracle #WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g, by @feitnomore
Jan 27, 2015 at 04:42 PM
- Calling Web Services in Background Using MAF 2.1, by @StevenDavelaar
Jan 29, 2015 at 11:53 AM
- RT @sunil_ranka: IoT reference architecture by Bob Stockowiak #IoT #Hadoop #biwasummit
Jan 28, 2015 at 07:44 PM
Friday Jan 30, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 30, 2015
The Top 10 most popular articles and other content shared with the 6,425 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, January 23-29, 2015.
- Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment | Marcelo Parisi
With its focus on service protection, and its authentication mechanisms, message encryption, and security/policy functionalities, Oracle API Gateway (OAG) 11g can be a very powerful tool in the secure provisioning of services in the cloud. This article shows you how to create a cloud-based OAG infrastructure, with high-availability and scalability support.
- Archive Podcast: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast from January 2013 gives you a seat at a roundtable discussion with four experts on the evolution of SOA Governance: what old problems persist, what new problems have presented themselves, and what can be done to implement an efficient and effective SOA governance program.
- Virus-Proofing Oracle WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | Marcelo Parisi
Marcelo Parisi's article is a proof-of-concept for a basic infrastructure re-architecture and software configuration needed to implement a basic virus-checking routine on files before they get to Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Spinning-up a Coherence Cluster with Weblogic Scripting (WLST) | David Felcey
The WebLogic scripting and management features available with Coherence 12c Managed Servers make it easy to create Coherence clusters and manage applications. Using the Weblogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the whole lifecycle of Managed Coherence Servers can be controlled, from creating and starting a Coherence cluster to deploying Coherence applications. This article from David Felcey outlines how to do just this, using some sample WLST scripts.
- SOA Suite 12c: In-depth look into Managed File Transfer (1/3) | Robert van Molken
Managed File Transfer is a simple and secure End-to-End Managed File Gateway, with support for large files, encryption, auditing, monitoring and pass-by-reference. Robert van Molken's article looks at Oracle Managed File Transfer (MFT) as a solution to the growing problems with the use of FTP in the enterprise.
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity are key requirements with most business critical on-premise Fusion Applications environments. Disaster Recovery for FA can be broken down into two layers that have to be synchronized to achieve full recoverability: Shared storage and databases. The solution described in Roland Koenn's article supports simple full site switchover / failover and will satisfy most business requirements.
- 3 Sessions on Data Integration and Warehousing | OTN Virtual Tech Summit, Feb 11
The middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on February 11, 2015 includes three sessions on Data Integration and Warhousing: "Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors," " Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings," and "An Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager." The event is free, so register now!
- Trends in Data Management: Unlock the True Value Proposition of Big Data | Ron Batra
"The typical reference architecture has shifted significantly over the years," says Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra in this article from Profit Magazine. "Due to the rich variety of data sources...we see systems and architectures that are net-new to the average enterprise—for example, machine learning, data mining, predictive analytics, and big data visualization."
- iOS Setup and Requirements Guidelines for MAF 2.1.0 | Martin Deh
With the release of Oracle MAF 2.1.0 there are a few important items that will need to be considered when upgrading the iOS environment and with JDeveloper. This article from solution architect Martin Deh covers installation guidelines and other details.
- How FXLoader Integrates Oracle PaaS and SaaS | Peter Care
This concise article by Peter Care from FXLoader presents the details on his solution that combines Oracle PaaS, SaaS and the Cloud Marketplace.
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Tuesday Dec 16, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 16, 2014
Don't panic! Even if you're not one of the 3,389 people who follow @OTNArchBeat, you can still keep up with what's happening with this list of the Top 10 tweets for the last seven days, December 9-15, 2014.
- RT @debralilley: Please retweet so I can win #project photo prize at #ukoug_apps14 #fb
Dec 9, 2014 at 03:57 PM
- Top 10 Most Popular OTN #SOA Articles in 2014 >> Congrats to the authors.
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- RT @monty_odtug: #orclapex Community: Please signup for #kscope15 U cannot miss Sunday Symposium on 21-JUN! #LetsWreckThisTogether
Dec 14, 2014 at 01:06 PM
- Using Web Services: The Fusion Service Tester, by Richard Bingham
Dec 15, 2014 at 01:33 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Dec 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM
- Free @OracleOTN Summit - 8 #middleware #mobile #appdev #architecture presos now on demand
Dec 9, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Catching Up on Mobile >> new version of #OracleMAF, info on Oracle Mobile App Challenge
Dec 15, 2014 at 01:59 PM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts - Dec 5-11, 2014 #ADF #Coherence #GoldenGate #OSB #WebLogic
Dec 12, 2014 at 10:23 AM
- 34 people have presented 2 Min Tech Tips. When are you going to do yours? Let's talk! #2MTT
Dec 9, 2014 at 03:51 PM
- Monitoring #Mobile Applications: 4 free short tutorials (5 mins each) from @oracleLL
Dec 15, 2014 at 02:10 PM
Wednesday Nov 05, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 05, 2014
As the dust from the mid-term elections in the US settles, it seems fitting to feature this not-so-technical 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective communication between technical and business stakeholders, presented by Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley (VP, Cloud Solutions, Certus Solutions) and her sock puppets.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Tuesday Sep 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 09, 2014
Chickens don't tweet. They cluck. That's why there are no chickens among the 3,103 tweeters following @OTNArchBeat. Among that chicken-free group of tweeters, the following ten tweets ruled the roost over the last seven days, September 2-8, 2014.
- Video: 2 Minute Tech Tip: Building Responsive #WebCenter Portals | @JayJayZheng
Sep 2, 2014 at 08:31 AM
- Podcast: 5x12 on 12c - User Forum Mini-Sessions at OOW14 @DebraLilley @JLOracle @kashifmanzoor
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- One-Way Authentication Policies in #OSB | Jesse Stephens
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:11 PM
- Top 5 Oracle Mobile Application Foundation (MAF) Videos #oraclemaf #oepe #jdeveloper
Sep 4, 2014 at 10:45 AM
- RT @oracleace: hot off the press... the Oracle ACE program video
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:52 PM
- Video: Thomas Kurian and members of the #oracleace program explain what it is and why it matters. Good stuff!
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:57 PM
- Context in #UX - What It Is, What It Isn't, and Why It's Important >> When is a bat not a bat?
Sep 3, 2014 at 11:28 AM
- End-To-End #ADF #Cloud Deployment Process | @AndrejusB
Sep 2, 2014 at 01:32 PM
- Ignore #UX at your peril, advises #oracleace @FTeter
Sep 8, 2014 at 09:35 AM
- Integrating With Fusion Applications Using Services (#SoapUi #SSL) | Jani Rautiainen @fadevrel
Sep 8, 2014 at 04:01 PM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - Aug 28 - Sep 3, 2015
- 12 More Things About Oracle Database 12c at OOW15 | Debra Lilley
- How to Win a Hackathon | Laurie Pattison
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 25 - 31, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for August 21-27
- 2 Min Tech Tips at Oracle OpenWorld: Are You Ready for Your Close-Up?
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 18-24, 2015
- Facebook Friday: The Top 10 Posts for August 14-20, 2015
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Focus on PaaS
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - August 11-17, 2015