By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 04, 2013
The list below reflects the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of February 24 - March 2, 2013.
- ArchBeat Community Survey: Tech Trends in 2013
In a recent ArchBeat Podcast (What Really Matters in 2013?) you heard three working architects discuss the trends and technologies they felt would have the greatest impact on their work in 2013. Now it's your turn. Take this OTN ArchBeat Facebook survey about the trends and technologies that will have the greatest impact on your work in 2013
- Oracle BPM 11g Performance Tuning Whitepaper published
"BPM 11g Performance Tuning" is new white paper written by a large team of contributors and edited by Mark Nelson. The paper, according to Nelson, "captures real world best practices from actual performance tuning exercises across many real BPM implementations." Best of all, the paper is free.
- Book Review: "SOA Made Simple" by L. Dikmans and R.v.Luttikhuizen | Frank Nimphius
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans and Ronald van Luttikhuizen are frequent guests on the ArchBeat podcast, both contributed articles to OTN, and are two of the nicest, smartest people it has been my pleasure to meet. They've just published a new book, "SOA Made Simple," (Packt Publishing, 2012), which Frank Nimphius reviews in this blog post.
- Test driving Java API for Processing JSON with GlassFish 4.0 | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele walks you through the process.
- WebLogic Logging Configuration | Rene van Wijk
"It is a good idea to use log rotation to prevent having to stop a WebLogic server to remove a large log file that is filling up the file system," says Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk. "It is also a good idea to create a separate partition such that the root file system does not fill up." Learn how in this post.
- Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets: Wrapping the Exalogic IaaS CLI | The Old Toxophilist
The second of two Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets published today by the Fusion Middleware A-Team member known only as The Old Toxophilist, this one combines some common Exalogic Command Line functions into a simplified bash script.
- Default Dynamic Value for ADF Query Search Field | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis share a use case in which the first value from an LOV view object will be set as the default value for the search field.
- AYTS: Summary of RUEI – Real User Experience Insight Session | Marcel van de Glind
Marcel van de Glind shares another update of his preparation for Oracle's Are You the Smartest challenge.
- Log rotation for WebLogic Server (and friends) | Mark Nelson
"If you have a number of WebLogic Server instances running, or applications that write a lot of information into the logs, you might find that your log files, and your stdout files start to eat up a lot of space very quickly," says Oracle Fusion Middleware Architect Team blogger Mark Nelson. He shows you an easy way to manange that situation in this post.
- ADF DVT Speed Date : Meeting The Hierarchy Viewer | Luc Bors
Luc Bors's post is one of a series based on presentations from the ADF DVT Speed Date organized by the ADF Special Interest Group at AMIS. This post focuses on the Hierarchy Viewer.
Thought for the Day
"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
— Ralph Waldo Emerson
(May 25, 1803 – April 27, 1882)