By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jul 29, 2013
As of today the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page has 3,569 fans. Listed below are the Top 10 most popular items posted there for the week of July 21-27, 2013.
- GoldenGate and Oracle Data Integrator - A Perfect Match - Part 3: Real-time ETL Challenge | Michael Rainey
In the final post in his series Michael Rainey focuses on ODI Change Data Capture (CDC) and options to using change data in downstream ETL processes.
- Supporting multiple ebMS service versions in Oracle B2B | Ronald van Luttikhuizen
"Versioning is quite trivial for SOAP and RESTful Web Services using different namespaces, version indicators in endpoint locations, and so on, " says Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen. However, it is a bit different for ebMS-based services implemented in a B2B gateway.
- JDeveloper 12.1.2 EJB & Java Service Facade Datacontrol | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond's illustrated post examines the List of Values feature, newly added to JDeveloper 12.1.2.
- Promoting Organizational Visibility for SOA and SOA Governance Initiatives - Part I | Manuel Rosa and André Sampaio
Manuel Rosa and André Sampaio describe "how an organization can leverage from the existing best practices, and with the help of adequate exploration and communication tools, achieve and maintain the level of quality and visibility that is required for SOA and SOA governance initiatives". Part 1 of a 2-part series.
- Calm the Data Storm | Sunil Ranka
Click the link to read "Calm the Data Storm," a new article by Oracle ACE and business intelligence expert Sunil Ranka, as featured in the July edition of ITNEXT magazine.
- Industrial SOA: Securing the SOA Landscape
ecurity requirements become more complex in the distributed system landscape of a service oriented architecture. This article, part of the Industrial SOA series, presents tips on how to handle security responsibly, based on tried and true best practices.
- Podcast Show Notes: Data Warehousing and Oracle Data Integrator
The latest OTN ArchBeat Podcast features Oracle ACE Directors Gurcan Orhan and Cameron Lackpour sharing panelist duties with Uli Bethke and Michael Rainey in a discussion of data warehousing and Oracle Data Integrator. (Big thanks to guest producer Gurcan for picking the topic and panelists.) Part 1 of this three-part program is now available.
- Fundamental Cloud Architectures | Thomas Erl
This excerpt from the new book Cloud Computing: Concepts, Technology & Architecture, by Thomas Erl et al, describes several common foundational cloud architectural models and explores the involvement and importance of different combinations of cloud computing mechanisms in relation to these architectures.
- Shrink Oracle VirtualBox Image | Dr. Frank Munz
Author and expert Dr. Frank Munz shows you how in two easy steps.
- Software Defined Networks (SDN) | Ben Prusinski
Oracle ACE Director Ben Prusinski explores "software defined networks (SDN) in respect to Oracle and other database platforms."
Thought for the Day
"Have a sense of humor about life - you will need it. And be courteous."
— Peter Jennings
(July 29, 1938 – August 7, 2005)