Friday Oct 02, 2015
Friday Jun 12, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 12, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Friday Jan 16, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 16, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, January 9-15, 2015.
- Sampler: "eCommerce in the Cloud" | Kelly Goetsch
A sampler of content from the book by Kelly Goetsch that helps architects leverage recent technological advances that make it possible to run and entire enterprise-level ecommerce platform from a cloud.
- Video: WebLogic Server Plug-in for Java Mission Control: Installation | Tony Vlatas
In this short video Weblogic technical team member Tony Vlatas shows you how to install the WebLogic Server Plug-in in Java Mission Control.
- Why and How to use Oracle Metadata Management 12c. Part 1: Getting Started | Edelweiss Kammermann
Oracle ACE Edelweiss Kammermann kicks off an article series on Oracle Metadata Management 12c with this look at installation and requirements.
- A Dirty Dozen Questions on Oracle SOA 12c You Need Answered, but Feared to Ask | IT Convergence Blog
The fine folks at IT Convergence put together this transcript of the Q&A from their “Simplify Multichannel Integration with Oracle SOA Suite 12c” webcast.
- The Future of User Authentication | Prateek Mishra
"The best authentication model is useless if customers or employees find it difficult to use," says Prateek Mishra. "This is the key reason why it has proven so difficult to transition away from passwords."
- WebLogic Server and the Oracle Maven Repository | Steven Button
"From a WebLogic Server perspective, the Oracle Maven Repository provides publicly accessible, online, on-demand access to the full set of Maven product artifacts that have been provided in the 12c (12.1.2, 12.1.3) releases," explains Steve Button. "This includes the WebLogic Server APIs, the client libraries and the WebLogic Server Maven Plugin." Check it our for yourself!
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Tutorial: Oracle to Oracle Replication with Oracle Multitenant V12.1 | Tracy West
This tutorial by solution architect Tracy West provides a quick overview of Oracle to Oracle database replication using Integrated Extract and Integrated Replicat for version 12c and above. Extraction from a Multitenant database is only supported by Integrate Extract.
- Notes on Querying Endeca from within an ATG Application | Mark Scarton
On a few projects in 2014, the issue of Endeca’s performance came up. Specifically, applications were seeing a large number of queries and were also generating large response sizes from Endeca. These queries were not being generated by the Assembler API, but were one-off queries created to bring back other information from Endeca.This article will give some tips on how to optimize those queries.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part I | Ron Batra
Self-awareness -- knowing your business -- is key to successful cloud transformation, according to Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra. "With so much innovation happening in the Cloud...it is easy for the best of leaders to get distracted," says Batra. "We all can suffer from the 'shiny object' syndrome, especially in the case of a diverse multi-product business."
- Using a Gold Environment as a Part of Your Production to Test Content Movement Toolkit | Jerry Mabry
Solution architect Jerry Mabry shows you how to introduce a straightforward, easily repeatable methodology for performing frequent content movement/environment refreshes in your Fusion Applications (FA) system.
Tuesday Aug 26, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 26, 2014
This week's list of the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat is completely bacon-free. Get a taste!
- OTN Architect Community Newsletter - August Edition #Java #Coherence #WebLogic #Mobile and much more.
Aug 21, 2014 at 04:58 PM
- Mobile Apps for Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:50 AM
- A Dozen Things to Know about Oracle SOA Suite 12c.
Aug 22, 2014 at 08:27 AM
- Podcast: Redefining Information Management Architecture w/ @andrewjohnbond @stewartbryson @markrittman
Aug 21, 2014 at 02:29 PM
- Link Roundup, 8/21/14: #Wearable Computing | @BillPollak #SEI
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:09 AM
- Set-up a 12c SOA/BPM Infrastructure | Rene van Wijk #SOA12c #oracleace
Aug 25, 2014 at 08:23 AM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 Posts - August 15-21 #Coherence #Endeca #OIM #SOASuite #WebCenter #WebLogic
Aug 22, 2014 at 10:35 AM
- #WebCenter Sites Demo: Integration with #Endeca Guided Search | Micheal Sullivan
Aug 19, 2014 at 03:10 PM
- SEI Turns Software Architecture into a Game >> And you can play it!
Aug 21, 2014 at 09:22 AM
- Video: AMX Events and Listeners | @ChrisCMuir #OracleMAF
Aug 19, 2014 at 03:49 PM
Friday Aug 22, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 22, 2014
As hot as molten rock? Not quite. But among the 5,313 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page these Top 10 items were the hottest over the past seven days, August 15-21, 2014.
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways (Part 1 of 5): Exclusive Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou begins a five-part series with a look at In the gateway control flow components in Oracle BPM and how they can be used to process flow.
- Slicing the EDG: Different SOA Domain Configurations | Antony Reynolda
Antony Reynolds introduces three different configurations for a SOA environment and identifies some of the advantages for each.
- How to introduce DevOps into a moribund corporate culture | ZDNet
Confused about DevOPs? This post from ZDNet's Joe McKendrick -- which includes insight from Phil Whelan -- just might clear some of the fog.
- Oracle Identity Manager Role Management With API | Mustafa Kaya
Mustafa Kaya shares some examples of role management using the Oracle Identity Management API.
- Podcast: Redefining Information Management Architecture
Oracle Enterprise Architect Andrew Bond joins Oracle ACE Directors Mark Rittman and Stewart Bryson for a conversation about their collaboration on a new Oracle Information Management Reference Architecture.
- WebCenter Sites Demo Integration with Endeca Guided Search | Micheal Sullivan
A-Team solution architect Michael Sullivan shares the details on a demo that illustrates the viability of integrating WebCenter Sites with Oracle Endeca.
- Wearables in the world of enterprise applications? Yep.
Oh yeah, wearables are a THING. Here's a look at how the Oracle Applications User Experience team has been researching wearables for inclusion in your future enterprise applications.
- Getting Started With The Coherence Memcached Adaptor | David Felcey
Let David Felcey show you how to configure the Coherence Memcached Adaptor, and take advantage of his simple PHP example that demonstrates how Memecached clients can connect to a Coherence cluster.
- OTN Architect Community Newsletter - August Edition
A month's worth of hot stuff, all in one spot. Featuring articles on Java, Coherence, WebLogic, Mobile and much more.
- 8,853 Conversations About Oracle WebLogic
Do you have a question about WebLogic? Do you have an answer to a question about WebLogic? You need to be here.
Friday Jun 27, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 27, 2014
Among the 5,200 people fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page these are the Top Ten posts for the last seven days, June 20-26, 2014.
- Mark Your Calendar! OTN Virtual Technology Summit - July 9
Register now for the OTN Virtual Technology Summit, featuring four tracks and more than a dozen sessions. The middleware track focuses on "The Architecture of Analytics: Big Time Big Data and Business Intelligence," with four sessions by BI experts, covering OBIEE, ODI, Endeca Information Discovery, and so much more.
- Leveraging Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Within a Big Data Architecture | Kevin McGinley
This session by Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley is just one of four in the middleware track in the free OTN Virtual Technology Summit, July 9. The middleware track focuses on Big Data, Business Intelligence, and the Architecture of Analytics.
- Virus-Proofing Oracle WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | Marcelo Parisi
Marcelo Parisi's article is a proof-of-concept for a basic infrastructure re-architecture and software configuration needed to implement a basic virus-checking routine on files before they get to Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Video: Advanced WebLogic Server Automation | Martin Heinzl
Want to learn how to use WLST and JMX to automate the administration and monitoring of Oracle WebLogic Server? Then you've hit the jackpot! This post on the OTN ArchBeat blog includes a video interview with expert Martin Heinzl and a sample chapter from his book, Advanced WebLogic Server Automation.
- Monitoring OIM R2 PS2 Orchestration | Daniel Gralewski
A-Team solution architect Daniel Gralewski illustrates how to use the new feature in Oracle Identity Manager R2 PS2 (18.104.22.168.0) that allows monitoring of OIM orchestration processes through Enterprise Manager console.
- Diagnosing Intermittent Authentication Failures and User Lock Outs in Oracle WebLogic | Shailesh K. Mishrah
Shailesh K. Mishrah shows you how login failures in Oracle WebLogic can be diagnosed with the help of available debug flags and log files.
- Video: Manos libres y vista al frente: Con el futuro puesto
Orejas peludas? Lentes chistosos? Que no te engañen -- La tecnología ponible es un negocio serio. En este video los Desarrolladores en UX de Oracle, Sarahi Mireles y Noel Portugal hablan un poco sobre algunos dispositivos que ya se encuentran en el mercado y como la tecnología está cambiando la manera en que las personas -- y las compañías -- interactúan con la información.
[Watch the English-language version of this video: Heads Up and Hands Free: Wearing the Future]
- OIM Catalog Metadata Based Tagging | Alex Lopez
Oracle Identity Manager can be customized to enable filtered catalog searches based on Catalog Item’s Metadata (CIM). A-team architect Alex Lopez's article discusses the details of the API's that can be used to retrieve the metadata from a Catalog Item and set the user defined tags value.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - June 13-19, 2014
Over the past week I've shared links to a variety of blogs, articles, videos and more, covering topics and technologies of interest to architects and developers, including ADF, GlassFish, Java EE, OBIEE, WebCenter, and WebLogic. Click the link for that week's list of the ten most popular items.
- Podcast: Going Mobile - Developing Enterprise Mobile Apps
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast series is devoted to a discussion about bringing mobility to the enterprise, and how architects and developers can take advantage of the opportunities in the evolution of mobile application development.
Wednesday Jun 11, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 11, 2014
The Architecture of Analytics:
Big Time Big Data and Business Intelligence
This four-session track, part of the free OTN Virtual Technology Summit on July 9, will present a solution architect's perspective on how business intelligence products in Oracle's Fusion Middleware family and beyond fit into an effective big data architecture, offering insight and expertise from Oracle ACE Directors and product team experts specializing in business Intelligence to help you meet your big data business intelligence challenges.
Oracle Big Data Appliance Case Study: Using Big Data to Analyze Cancer-Genome Relationships
Tom Plunkett, Lead Author of the Oracle Big Data Handbook
What does it take to build an award winning Big Data solution? This presentation takes a deep technical dive into the use of the Oracle Big Data Appliance in a project for the National Cancer Institute's Frederick National Laboratory for Cancer Research. The Frederick National Laboratory and the Oracle team won several awards for analyzing relationships between genomes and cancer subtypes with big data, including the 2012 Government Big Data Solutions Award, the 2013 Excellence.Gov Finalist for Innovation, and the 2013 ComputerWorld Honors Laureate for Innovation. [30 mins]
Getting Value from Big Data Variety
Richard Tomlinson, Director, Product Management, Oracle
Big data variety implies big data complexity. Performing analytics on diverse data typically involves mashing up structured, semi-structured and unstructured content. So how can we do this effectively to get real value? How do we relate diverse content so we can start to analyze it? This session looks at how we approach this tricky problem using Endeca Information Discovery. [30 mins]
How To Leverage Your Investment In Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition Within a Big Data Architecture
Oracle ACE Director Kevin McGinley
More and more organizations are realizing the value Big Data technologies contribute to the return on investment in Analytics. But as an increasing variety of data types reside in different data stores, organizations are finding that a unified Analytics layer can help bridge the divide in modern data architectures. This session will examine how you can enable Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) to play a role in a unified Analytics layer and the benefits and use cases for doing so. [30 mins]
Oracle Data Integrator 12c As Your Big Data Data Integration Hub
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman
Oracle Data Integrator 12c (ODI12c), as well as being able to integrate and transform data from application and database data sources, also has the ability to load, transform and orchestrate data loads to and from Big Data sources. In this session, we'll look at ODI12c's ability to load data from Hadoop, Hive, NoSQL and file sources, transform that data using Hive and MapReduce processing across the Hadoop cluster, and then bulk-load that data into an Oracle Data Warehouse using Oracle Big Data Connectors.
We will also look at how ODI12c enables ETL-offloading to a Hadoop cluster, with some tips and techniques on real-time capture into a Hadoop data reservoir and techniques and limitations when performing ETL on big data sources. [90 mins]
Tuesday May 20, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 20, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @Oraclejavamag: See how V2COM uses Java to connect millions of intelligent devices #IoT
May 13, 2014 at 12:27 PM
- List of Recent "Getting Started" #Hadoop Articles | @MarkRittman
May 19, 2014 at 11:06 AM
- RT @sfonplsql: New post my blog about my latest app: ExpertTeam - to help me build global PL/SQL community.
May 13, 2014 at 10:46 AM
- RT @csierra_usa: Great Lakes Oracle Conference GLOC May 12-14 via @csierra_usa #GLOC
May 13, 2014 at 10:44 AM
- #SOA Transformation through SOA Upgrade | @LuisW19 #oracleace
May 19, 2014 at 09:30 AM
- GLOC keynote speaker Tom Kyte talking about In Memory Database. @ Cleveland State University
May 13, 2014 at 09:05 AM
- MaxL is the way forward for #Essbase scripting, says @CameronLackpour at Great Lakes Oracle Conf.
May 13, 2014 at 10:41 AM
- RT @stewartbryson: @tomlinsonr speaking on #Endeca at the #biforum2014
May 15, 2014 at 11:13 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @myfear @gurcan_orhan @OracleDBDev
May 15, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- Identity Propagation from #OAG to #REST APIs protected by #OWSM | Andre Correa
May 15, 2014 at 10:22 AM
Friday Feb 14, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 14, 2014
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (February 7-13, 2014).
- Podcast: Taking Charge: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges - Part 3
In part 3 of this 4-part podcast SOA Governance experts Mark Dutra, Manuel Rosa, Andre Sampaio, and Luis Weir discuss the most common SOA Governance mistakes and why organizations make them. Listen!
- Creating a Foundation for Cloud Applications using Oracle WebLogic and Oracle Coherence
This free online developer conference includes 6 sessions in two tracks, including a special Developer Preview of Oracle WebLogic 12.1.3. Then roll up your sleeves for a guided hands-on coding session. February 20, 2014. 9am - 1pm PT / 12pm - 4pm ET / 3pm - 7pm BRST. Click the link for session details and registration info. Register Now!
- LOV (List of Values) using EJBs | Antonis Antoniou
This post by solution architect Antonis Antoniou demonstrates "how to use EJBs to build your business services and how to build a simple form with a list-of-value component (using the selectOneChoice component). "
- "Services designed and developed by monkeys..."
David Linthicum pulls no punches in his recent post about how those who lack a thorough understanding of SOA will never truly capitalize on Cloud.
- Websocket support in Oracle Traffic Director | Donald Forbes
Donald Forbes looks at "what is involved to setup an architecture with a browser accessing a web application running websockets on WebLogic and proxied/load balanced through OTD."
- Using soapUI for secure, asynchronous web service invocations in Fusion Applications | Gerhard Dras
Fusion Applications expose a variety of web services for querying, creating and updating of business objects. This detailed post from A-Team solution architect Gerhard Drasch shows you how leverage those services asynchronously.
- Some Tips for Configuring Endeca for Optimal Production Performance with ATG | Mark Scarton
Want to ensure optimum performance from your production Oracle Commerce Endeca environment? Read this post by A-Team solution architect Mark Scarton for some hot tips.
- Video: Getting Started for ADF Essentials with OEPE and GlassFish | Frederic Desbiens
In this video Frederic Desbiens takes you through an introduction to using ADF Essentials to develop and deploy ADF applications with OEPE and GlassFish.
- Starting and Stopping a Java EE Environment when using Oracle WebLogic | René van Wijk
Oracle ACE Director and Fusion Middleware specialist René van Wijk explores ways to simplify the life-cycle management of a Java EE environment through the use of scripts developed with WebLogic Scripting Tool and Linux Bash.
- Top 5 ArchBeat Community Videos - Last 30 days (Jan 11, 2014 – Feb 9, 2014)
The latest list of Top 5 videos from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel is dominated by how-to videos from the Oracle Technology Network Virtual Developer Day event "Oracle ADF Development: Web, Mobile and Beyond."
Thought for the Day
"My wife Mary and I have been married for forty-seven years and not once have we had an argument serious enough to consider divorce; murder, yes, but divorce, never."
— Jack Benny, comedian, actor
(February 14, 1894 – December 26, 1974)
- Things to do in the OTN Lounge at OOW15
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Sep 29 - Oct 5, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 25-October 1, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips: Weekly Top 10
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for September 18-24, 2015
- Video: Four Questions on the Oracle Integration Cloud Service
- Enteprise Architecture Summit at OpenWorld
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - September 15-21, 2015