Friday Oct 23, 2015
Friday Aug 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 21, 2015
Monday Jun 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 01, 2015
Friday May 08, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 08, 2015
Monday May 04, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 04, 2015
If you're going to plant your face in front of a screen to watch YouTube -- and you know you are -- why not devote at least part of that time to content that might actually make you better at what you do? This list of the Top 10 most popular videos from the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel for April 2015 would be a great place to start.[Read More]
Friday Mar 13, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 13, 2015
Anyone can be a star if they read the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 6-12,2015.
- Mobile Backend with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 1 | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema walks you step-buy-step through the creation of the mobile back-end solution he developed before a live audience at the recent Oracle Fusion Middleware Forum event in Budapest, March 3-4, 2015.
- Java Cloud Service: Securing ADFbc Service | Jani Rautiainen
Jani Rautiainen's article kicks off a series that will explore features of the Java Cloud Service (JCS), provide end-to-end examples on how to develop and deploy applications on JCS and how to integrate them with the Fusion Applications instance.
- Mobile Back-end with REST Services and JSON Payload Based on SOA Suite 12c for Live Mobile Hacking with an OFM 12c Red Stack - Part 2 | Lucas Jellema
Here's the next chapter in Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's story of "how to expose SOAP/XML based Web Services – primed for enterprise integration and process automation – as REST services with URL parameters and JSON payloads that provide the mobile backend APIs required for the development of mobile apps."
- Using File Based Loader for Fusion Product Hub | Ulrich Janke
File Based Loaders (FBL) offer a broad bandwidth of varieties to import batch data manually by user interaction or automated via locally scheduled processes using existing API’s and Web Services. Ulrich Janke's article highlights the Fusion Product Hub specific capabilities to import item data in a batch by using FBL.
- API Catalog 12c is Here | Martien van den Akker
If you're using an Excel spreadsheet to manage your growing list of APIs, Darwin-IT integration specialist Martien van den Akker has a suggestion.
- REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle SOA Suite | Armando Hernandez
In this free Oracle Learning Library tutorial you'll learn how to integrate REST operations as service-binding components and reference-binding components in SOA composite applications. You'll then REST-enable a service by using Oracle SOA Suite 12c and an application that validates credit cards.
- Free Tutorial: REST-Enabling SOA with Oracle Service Bus | Oracle Learning Library
- EclipseCon NA 2015! | Yolande Poirier
Heading for EclipseCon 2015 in Burlingame, CA this week? If so make sure you the "Java 9 and Beyond" keynote session, the "iOS Development with Eclipse and Java - Yes it is possible!" conference session and the "Eclipse and The Cloud Hosted Development Platform" BoF.
- Where browsers and mobile collide: Oracle's unified Alta UI | Chris Muir
Chris Muir continues his mobility Q&A series with this interview with Laura Akel, Principal Product Strategy Manager for the Oracle Application Development Tools organization. Laura shares insight into Alta UI, where Oracle is taking Alta, and why it's valuable to you.
- WebSocket vs REST | Pavel Bucek
"As controversial or potentially flame-starting as this topic might seem...I will approach this purely from a pro-WebSocket view," says Oracle blogger Pavel Bucek.
Friday Nov 21, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 21, 2014
What are you looking at? If you're one of the 5,949 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the chances are good that over the last seven days (November 14-20, 2014) you were looking at one of these Top 10 most popular items.
- Getting Started with the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Steven Davelaar
The Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) is a lightweight persistence and data synchronization framework that works on top of Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). The latest version of AMPA is available as an Open Source Framework on GitHub. Get the details in this extensive post from A-Team solution architect Steven Davelaar.
- Mobile Tools for Java (MTJ) 2.0 plugin for Eclipse IDE released | Alexander Belokrylov
The latest version of the Mobile Tools for Java TM (MTJ) 2.0 release (with significant contributions from Oracle engineers) makes the MTJ plugin IoT-ready by supporting the Java ME Embedded 8 platform. Click the link for more detail from blogger Alexander Belokrylov.
- Secure Oracle MAF applications with Oracle Mobile Security Suite | Kundan Vyas
This article by Kundan Vyas illustrates how to containerize and secure the content of an Oracle Mobile Application Foundation app using Oracle Mobile Security Suite (OMSS).
- Oracle Mobile Application Framework: Loading Images in a Background Process - Part I | Luc Bors
Oracle ACE Luc Bors, author of the Oracle Mobile Application Framework Developer Guide, shows you how to load the images of a List in a background process, after the other content has been loaded.
- Oracle’s Architect Community Newsletter - November 2014 Edition
The OTN Architect Community newsletter for November focuses on Identity Management and Security, and features a selection of technical articles and other resources to help you keep the bad guys out.
- Integrating Oracle Access Management Platform with Mobile Application Framework | Paul Toal
The shift from desktop and laptop to mobile working is well underway. In this article Paul Toal shows you how to use your existing Oracle Identity and Access Management platform as the security layer within your mobile applications.
- Getting to know Docker: A Better Way to do Virtualization? | Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, Joel Nation
Docker allows you to create reusable containers with applications in them. These can be distributed, will run on several platforms, and are much smaller than the equivalent virtual machine images. Learn more in this article from Mark Nelson, Edwin Biemond, and Joel Nation.
- Oracle's Mobile Leaders: Daniel Iversen and Ruben Garcia Mohedano
"What we found was that a lot of companies are so caught up in complexities of developing mobile apps that they end up building point solutions that only create a fragmented and disconnected experience for their mobile audience," says Daniel Iversen in this interview with Chris Muir.
- Automated Policy Synchronization (APS) for OAM Clone Environment | Kiran Thakkar
Automated Synchronization between Master and Clone OAM Environments is supported in Oracle Access Manager R2PS2. In this article, Kiran Thakkar walks you step-by-step through the configuration process.
- Designing Your Business for the Digital Economy | Jeanne Ross
"Many enterprise architects are still trying to gain traction within their organizations, partly because the term architecture is not widely understood." Learn more in this summary of the 2014 Oracle Enterprise Architecture Summit presentation by Jeanne Ross, Director and Principal Research Scientist at MIT Sloan.
Tuesday Nov 18, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 18, 2014
You may ask yourself, "What were the Top 10 most popular tweets among the 3,314 followers of @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days?" Or you may not. I'm not a mind-reader. But if you do ask yourself that question, you'll find the the answer below.
- ODTUG Mobile Day Reston, VA Dec 2. Presos by @miaurman @ERoske @sspendol @Kevin_McGinley, others
Nov 11, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI Talk-a-Thon with @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 11, 2014 at 09:00 AM
- RT @sfonplsql: My first Two Minute #plsql Tech Tip for @OTNArchBeat. Banish spaghetti code with nested subprograms.
Nov 14, 2014 at 12:57 PM
- Securing Mobile Apps and Data in a BYOD World, by @1ndus > Part of FREE OTN Virtual Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 11, 2014 at 08:00 PM;
- A better way to do virtualization? Getting to know #Docker, by @markxnelson @biemond @joelith
Nov 17, 2014 at 02:14 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:01 PM
- Managing WebLogic Server and Deployed Applications in DMZ and Other Network Setups | Martin Heinzl
Nov 13, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- 4-Part Tech Article Series: Oracle Identity Management in the Enterprise #oim #security
Nov 13, 2014 at 08:00 AM
- Don't Rewrite! Reuse! Architecture for Mobile Enablement, by @jeffmdavies > Part of FREE OTN Tech Summit Nov 18
Nov 13, 2014 at 12:00 PM
- Podcast: #ODI expert panel: @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey
Nov 13, 2014 at 09:00 AM
Thursday Sep 04, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Sep 04, 2014
The Oracle Mobile Platform YouTube channel launched about two months ago, and now offers more than forty videos focused on technical information about how you can use components in the mobile platform, including Oracle Mobile Application Framework (MAF). Most of the videos are under 10 minutes, offering a quick and easy source of technical information to help in your efforts to develop mobile applications for the enterprise. The videos in the channel are organized into several playlists, including "Designing and Developing a MAF Application," "Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse," "UI Development in Oracle MAF," and more.
The list below represents the Top 5 most popular videos from that channel.
- Oracle Mobile Platform Channel Introduction
A 2-minute introduction to the channel by Grant Ronald, director of product management for Oracle Mobility and Development tools.
- An Introduction to Oracle Mobile Application Framework (Oracle MAF)
Grant Ronald introduces the concept of a hybrid mobile application and gives an overview of Oracle MAF, a hybrid mobile application framework for developing on-device mobile applications.
- An Introduction to the Mobile Market and its Challenges
"Mobility has become a critical part of the IT environment," says Grant Ronald in this video. And with the evolution in IoT, mobility goes well beyond the devices people hold in their hands.
- Oracle MAF Runtime Demonstration
What can you do with Oracle MAF? This video shows you a runtime demo of the Workbetter Oracle MAF application then calls out the various MAF building blocks used to create the app.
- Oracle MAF Setup and Installation in JDeveloper
Before using Oracle MAF in JDeveloper, you need to install the MAF extension and the appropriate SDK. This video gives you an overview of the installation and setup steps
Get Some MAF
Thanks to the OTN Developer License, the Oracle Mobile Application Framework is available through the development environment integration. Click here for more information.
Wednesday Aug 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 13, 2014
Among the 91 videos available on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube Channel, the following Top 10 were the most-viewed for the past 30 days.
- Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with a couple of key points to keep in your own memory.
- Best Practices in Oracle ADF Development | Frank Nimphius
- OBIEE, ODI, adn GoldenGate at Kscope 2014 | Stewart Bryson
Oracle ACE Director Stewart Bryson talks about Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle Data Integrator, and Oracle GoldenGate, and some of the issues he covered in his presentations at ODTUG KScope 2014.
- Improve Your Oracle ADF App Response Time by as Much as 70 Percent | Frank Houweling
Frank Houweling, senior Java, Oracle ADF, and SOA specialist at AMIS Technologies, discusses how you can optimize the performance of your Oracle ADF Fusion application, diagnose and solve typical performance problems, and build an efficient, responsive, scalable ADF application that circumvents common bad practices.
- Debugging and Logging for Oracle ADF Applications | Chris Muir
Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir explores the sophisticated debugging tooling in JDeveloper.
- Oracle ADF for Oracle Forms and PL/SQL Developers - Why it's the Right Choice | Grant Ronald
Grant Ronald discuses the techniques that make developers more productive when building enterprise applications and how Oracle ADF implements special features that make Java-based development fast and simple with a visual and declarative development experience.
- Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations ODTUG KScope 2014 presentations.
- Top Ten Secrets of Successful Oracle Application Development Framework Projects | Sten Vesterli
Oracle ACE Director and ADF expert Sten Vesterli teaches you all the things you need to know to make your enterprise ADF project a success.
- Oracle Data Integrator: From Istanbul to Panama | Gurcan Orhan
Oracle ACE Director Gurcan Orhan, one of several Oracle ACEs taking part in the 2014 OTN Latin America Tour, talks about the Oracle Data Integrator sessions he will present as part of that tour and about the air miles he'll be racking up.
- Oracle ADF Development in Eclipse | Shaun O'Brien
Shaun O'Brien shows how you can develop better applications faster with Oracle ADF integrating JPA, EJBs, Web services, POJOs, JSF and OEPE's support for ADF Faces, Task Flows, Data Controls and Bindings - all with deep AppXRay analysis for code insight, refactoring, validation, and dependency visualization across the layers of an ADF application.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 24-30, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015