Friday Apr 10, 2015
Friday Mar 20, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 20, 2015
Pour yourself a hot beverage and enjoy this list of the The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 13-19, 2015.
- Protecting and Accessing Resources with OAuth in Oracle Access Manager | Ronaldo Fernandes
Oracle principal consultant Ronaldo Fernandes demonstrates how to configure OAM to protect a service hosted on WebLogic Server as well as a Web Application (also hosted on WebLogic) consuming it, using 3-legged OAuth flow.
- OAUX Tidbits | The AppsLab
The Oracle AppsLab team is bunch of cool people doing cool things. Want to know where they will be? Read Jake's post, which includes, "some rapid fire tidbits about upcoming and recently past Oracle Applications User Experience (@usableapps) events."
- REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
In this post, Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis allows you to peer over his shoulder as he tests the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA) in the context of a use case that involves Oracle MAF 2.1, Alta UI, and Oracle Mobile Suite.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11G R2 PS2 Catalog Cart Items Customization | Venkat Kurri
Venkat Kurri's article shows you step-by-step how to use Oracle Identity Manager's (OIM) user interface customization capabilities to customize OIM Catalog Cart Items.
- White Paper: Introduction to the Oracle Stream Explorer and Event Processing without Software Coding | Ricardo Ferreira
This paper by Ricardo Ferreira, a principal member of Oracle's Cloud Integration Solution Architecture Team, provides a solid introduction to Oracle Stream Explorer's main product features and shows you step-by-step how to develop a sample application based on an interesting case study.
- Deploying SOA Suite 12c artifacts from Nexus | Maarten Smeets
This post by Maarten Smeets describes the "steps required to get your Continuous Delivery efforts going and how to deploy an artifact from the Nexus repository to a SOA Suite runtime environment."
- Protecting users and their emails after FA-P2T on Cloud environments | Thiago Leoncio
Oracle A-Team solution architect Thiago Leoncio's article covers the post-process of a Fusion Applications Production-to-Test (FA-P2T) procedure, and shows how to deal with unwanted information produced in the test environment.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? An expert panel debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Video Tech Tip: Evaluating Oracle Endeca | Bill Smith
In this 2 Minute Tech Tip, Bill Smith, Chief Architect at Vendita Technology Group and co-author of "Master Competitive Analytics with Oracle Endeca Information Discovery," (2014, McGraw-Hill) presents a quickie overview of Endeca and even quickier tip on how you can evaluate Endeca for yourself.
- Video: Innovation, Technology, and User Experience | Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley
Last Friday I had a lot of fun talking with Dr. Andrew Sutherland and Jeremy Ashley about how fun is infiltrating enterprise technology, and about their keynote address at the upcoming OBUG Experience 2015 event in Eindhoven, NL. Watch the video for a dose of infectious enthusiasm.
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Wednesday Feb 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 25, 2015
If you have 120 seconds, Mark Clark, senior partner at 02Works, has a tip he'd like to share about upgrading custom code within Oracle e-Business Suite.
Mark's tip is based on Working with Custom Code in E-Business Suite Upgrades, an article he wrote for the Winter 2013 edition of OAUG Insight Magazine, the official publication of the Oracle Applications Users Group.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
A 3-part panel discussion featuring Mark Clark, Monty Latiolais, Joe Leva, and Tiffany Newkirk.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me: bob.rhubart-AT-oracle.com
Friday Dec 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 19, 2014
Here it is, the final Facebook Friday Top 10 list for 2014 (I'm taking some time off over the holidays). In 2014 the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page picked up an additional 1,455 new fans, for a total of 6,217. Big thanks to all the fans who follow the page, and to the experts who create all the content that brings the fans to the page.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways: Parallel Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Part 3 in Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou's 5-part series shows you how to you can use the parallel gateway in a process.
- How to implement a custom WCS flex filter | Noël Jaffré
This A-Team Chronicles blog post includes links to a document by Noël Jaffré of OCS/EMEA "that describes very succinctly how to implement a custom flex filter class for use with WebCenter Sites flex assets."
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About BPM 11g/12c | Mark Foster et al
Mark Foster collaborated with his A-Team colleagues Sushil Shukla, Siming Mu, John Featherly, and Pete Farkas to put together this list of things everyone should know when embarking on a BPM project.
- Top 5 OTN Business Intelligence Articles for 2014
Why only the Top 5? Because these five Business Intelligence articles totally dominated the category. Congrats to authors Mark Rittman, Kevin McGinley, Christian Screen, Edelweiss Kammermann, and Yuli Vasiliev.
- Xmas Day 2014: IoT Devices Go Online | Hinkmond Wong
Hinkmond Wong shares an interesting take on how Christmas Day 2014 might be a milestone in Internet history.
- Updated Coherence JVisualVM Plugin in Latest Coherence Patch | Tim Middleton
As reported by Tim Middleton, Coherence 188.8.131.52.1, (Patch 18378184) includes updates to the Coherence JVisualVM Plugin, a couple of UI tweaks, and it addresses an issue when monitoring Coherence clusters in WebLogic Server environments.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? Monty Latiolais heads up an expert panel that debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Free Tutorial Series: Monitoring of Mobile Applications | Oracle Learning Library
This series of four short tutorials (5 mins each) describes the daily monitoring of mobile applications with the Applications Interface Services Server through Server Manager. Free from the Oracle Learning Library.
- BPM Workspace Login with libOVD and LDAP - Part 1: Configuration and Startup | Siming Mu
This article by solution architect Siming Mu is the first of a series that will shed some light on the interactions between BPM Workspace, libOVD and LDAPs. Information in this post is obtained by analyzing a series of libOVD trace logs.
- Top 10 OTN Identity Mgmt and Security Articles for 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it the ever-present risk of hacker attacks, like the recent assault on Sony Pictures? Ease your mind with this list of 2014's Top 10 most popular OTN technical articles on identity management and security.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 10-16, 2015
- Video: Agile Tips for ODI 12c | Stewart Bryson
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 3-9, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for March 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 31 - April 6, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - March 27- April 2, 2015
- Podcast Show Notes: Docker and Virtualization
- Video: Integrating Oracle Entitlements Server with ADF Security | Ganesh Kamble