By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 05, 2012
- Oracle Technology Network Member Discounts
Registered OTN members can save big on books from Oracle Press, Manning, Packt, CRC, Pearson, Apress, Murach, and O'Reilly. Also, save up to 15% on purchases from the Oracle Store.
- Oracle 220.127.116.11 is now available for Exadata | Marc Fielding
Fielding shares his thoughts on "a few things that jumped out" at him in the recent upgrade document.
- Analyzing Interrupt Activity with DTrace | Tim Cook
"Performance problems are caused when an interrupt 'steals' a CPU from an application thread," says Cook, "halting its process while the interrupt is serviced."
- Tuxedo is now optimized for Exalogic (Tuxedo Tidbits)
"We have changed the guts of Tuxedo to take full advantage of Exalogic technology, specially related to Infiniband."
- Tomcat Micro Cluster | Jim Connors
"As embedded systems continue their inexorable drive towards better performance and standard hardware/software architectures become ubiquitous, the notion of using low-cost, low-power, small-footprint devices as servers becomes quite realistic," says Connors.
- REST will free business process management from its shackles: prediction | Joe McKendrick
Growing interest in the cloud, and a desire for more vendor independence, may drive REST deeper into the enterprise BPM space, according the Joe McKendrick.
- How SOPA threatens the move to the cloud | David Linthicum
The Stop Online Piracy Act could oblige cloud providers to harm their own customers.
- Cloud Maturity Model; Architect Tool Box, Oracle Fusion Middleware Evolution
This week on the Architect Home Page on OTN.