By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 04, 2013
Your clicks count! Here's the list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of January 27 - February 2, 2013.
- JDBC Realm and Form Based Authentication with GlassFish 188.8.131.52 and Primefaces 3.4 | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele updates one of his most popular blog posts, a short tutorial about the JDBC Security Realm and form based Authentication on GlassFish with Primefaces. This revised has been adapted for GlassFish 184.108.40.206.
- Capture Application Events using Oracle Goldengate | Satyajith Nair
"With the knowledge of the existing application architecture and Data Model, it is possible to configure the Oracle Goldengate extracts to read transactions on from the specific tables impacted during an application event," says Satyajith Nair. Nair's blog post explains how to make that happen.
- Populating request attributes in Oracle Identity Management 11g R2 - Part II: UI Customization | Daniel Gralewski
The second post in Daniel Gralewski's two-part series on pre-populating requests in Oracle Identity Management 11g R2, part of the larger OIM 11g Academy Series.
- Want to 'disrupt' your IT department? Here are a couple of tips | ZDNet
Good disruption, says Joe McKendrick, can turn business thinking completely on its head, "and like a slap upside the head, gets people to open their eyes to new markets and new possibilities."
- Sticky Notes, Burritos, and Building the Oracle Fusion Applications User Experience | Ultan O'Broin
Usable Apps blogger Ultan O'Broin interviews Applications User Experience Architect Misha Vaughn about usability and the importance of the user experience.
- Dear Java/JEE developer – why should you care about ADF? | Lucas Jellema
Why should Java/JEE developer care about Oracle ADF? This blog post by Oracle ACE Lucas Jellema makes the case.
- Helpful tips for managing the WebCenter MDS repository | Martin Deh
Oracle WebCenter A-Team architect Martin Deh's post addresses the use of metadata labels when performing customizations. Helpful tips for managing the WebCenter MDS repository | Martin Deh
- Collecting diagnostic information for BPM | Mark Nelson
"When something goes wrong, it is important to know how to collect the diagnostic information that will be needed to analyse the problem, work out the root cause, and come up with a resolution," says Oracle Fusion Middleware solution architect Mark Nelson. His post offers a look at the various kinds of diagnostic information you may need to collect.
- The Future is Sooner and Stranger Than You Think
This post from the Oracle Financial Services blog raises issues that are of great significance to architects: "We are now at the cusp of the real Digital Age, an age where the network – the Internet today – becomes an organic entity."
- The cloud is coming to your business, like it or not | David Linthicum
A number of cloud experts I've spoken with mention that in some cases IT departments are a bit scared of cloud, in that it represents, at least to some degree, a loss of control. What to do you think? Are you worried about the cloud?
Thought for the Day
"Never make a technical decision based upon the politics of the situation, and never make a political decision based upon technical issues."