By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 10, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Free TechDay in Vienna: Oracle on Oracle
Database Administrators, Storage and System Engineers, Platform Architects and Operation Leaders are invited to participate in this free half-day international technical event focused on all the layers of your infrastructure stack: from Storage through Datacenter Fabric to Virtualization, from the Operating System up to the layers with direct business impact: the Database and Applications.
- 10 Things You Should Know About WebLogic 12.1.2 | Frank Munz
Check out this detailed and informative Slideshare presentation from Oracle ACE Director and "Oracle WebLogic 12c: Advanced Recipes" author Frank Munz.
- Design Patterns: Magic or Myth? | David Budgen
Durham University professor of software engineering David Budgen draws on surveys and mapping studies in this examination of "the effectiveness of the usage of design patterns in software development."
- The private cloud is giving way to the public cloud | David Linthicum
"Public clouds have matured a great deal in the last few years," says InfoWorld cloud computing columnist David Linthicum, "and the truth is they're more ready for prime time than most private clouds."
- WebLogic in Practice: SSL Configuration | Jacco Landlust and Simon Haslam
This presentation from Oracle domain architect Jacco Landlust and Oracle ACE Director Simon Haslam, originally delivered at UKOUG Tech13, describes SSL certificate concepts and how to configure them within Oracle WebLogic.
- Video: Design - ADFBC Application Modules - How many should I have?
How many root Application Modules should your application have? That may be the wrong question. Chris Muir explains in this episode of the ADF Architecture TV.
- AIA Foundation Pack Architecture Overview | Luis Weir
Oracle ACE Luis Weir opens the hood and kicks the tires on the Oracle Application Integration Architecture Foundation Pack.
- Business Analytics: Speed Mobile | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's post "walks you through creating your first mobile business intelligence (BI) app with Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile App Designer and the Oracle Business Intelligence Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11.1 Sample Application (V309 R2)."
- Unable to change WS Policy Store to “App Server Connection” in JDeveloper | Guido Schmutz
Read this short post by Oracle ACE Director Guido Schmutz for a quick tip that might spare you a headache.
- Winter 2014 edition of free OTech Magazine
The winter edition of the free, independent OTech Magazine is now available, offering the insight of an impressive collection of experts in Oracle technologies.
Thought for the Day
"Surely if God had meant us to do yoga, he would have put our heads behind our knees."
— Rod Stewart, musician, singer
(Born January 10, 1945)