Friday Apr 10, 2015
Thursday Apr 09, 2015
Friday Mar 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 27, 2015
No androids were involved in assembling this list of the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, March 20 - 26, 2015.
- OTech Magazine Spring 2015 Edition Now Available
The Spring 2015 edition of the free, community-driven OTech Magazine is now available, featuring a lucky thirteen articles on Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware, and more.
- Video: Effective Client Failover in RAC Environments | Sean Kim
Oracle University senior principal instructor Sean Kim brings the classroom to you with his 2 Minute Tech Tip on effective client failover in Oracle Real Application Cluster environments.
- Next step with Docker - Create Image for Oracle Database 12c using Puppet | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema continues his series with this post in which he describes how he created a Docker container, "and from that container an image – with the latest Oracle Database release 126.96.36.199."
- Video: Error Handling and Recovery in Oracle BPM12c | Antonis Antoniou
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 17-23, 2015
Rave all you want about the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 17-23, 2015. Topics include Docker, Microservices, Mobile, OBIEE, ODI, Oracle MAF, SOA12c, and more.
- Background REST Service Access with A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovski continues his exploration of the A-Team Mobile Persistence Accelerator (AMPA).
- Oracle University Expert Summit, Cancun, May 4-6, 2015
Soak up some sun and some serious Oracle Database expertise with 6 in-depth sessions over two days, presented by heavy hitters including Tom Kyte, Oracle ACE Director Arup Nanda, Db guru Pete Finnigan, and others.
- Managing Logs in Oracle WebLogic Server | Ahmed Aboulnaga
Given the comprehensive nature of Oracle WebLogic Server, there are a number of log files you need to monitor and control. In this article from OTech Magazine, Oracle ACE Ahmed Aboulnaga describes a few basic things you can do to manage your logs.
- Oracle BPEL: Performance optimization of payload transformations within loops | Alexander Daeubler
Cattle Crew blogger Alexander Daeubler shares lessons learned on a recent Oracle SOA Suite project.
- White Paper: Oracle WebLogic Server on Docker Containers
Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) is now certified to run on Docker containers. As part of this certification, Oracle has released Dockerfiles and supporting scripts on GitHub to build images of the Oracle WebLogic Server. For more information read the technical white paper.
Monday Mar 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 02, 2015
A feast for your eyes! Here are the Top 10 most-viewed 2 Minute Tech Tip videos for February 2015.
Congrats to the top tipsters!
- Just Say No to Spaghetti Code
by Stephen Feuerstein
Oracle architect and PL/SQL expert Steven Feuerstein fills 120 seconds with tasty advice on how to write code that doesn't resemble a big plate of pasta.
- Continuous Integration with Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c
by Ronald van Luttikhuizen
Taking advantage of the continuous integration capabilities in Oracle Fusion Middleware 12c "will make your life a lot easier," says Oracle ACE Director Ronald van Luttikhuizen, a managing partner at eProseed.
- DevOps: When Fixing a Problem is a Bad Idea
by Kelly Goetsch
Breaking the habit of fixing problems may sound counter-intuitive, but that's exactly what Oracle Director of Product Development and eCommerce in the Cloud author Kelly Goetsch suggests in his tip.
- Hyperion Metadata Integration
by Rodrigo Radtke and Ricardo Giampaoli
Oracle ACE Associates Ricardo Giampaoli (EPM Solution Architect/Consultant) and Rodrigo Radtke (Software Development Consultant, Dell) based their tip on their OTN technical article, Dynamic Integrations for Multiple Hyperion Planning Applications.
- Vagrant, Puppet, Docker, and Packer
by Lucas Jellema
No, this tip by Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema is not about four of the Seven Dwarves.
- Effective DevOps Through Cultural Change
by Kelly Goetsch
Kelly earns a second slot on this list with his tip on the four cultural changes that are essential for successful DevOps.
- Honing Your Cloud Transformation Strategy
by Ron Batra
Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra, Senior Director of Cloud Architecture and Software Development at Equinix, devotes his two minutes to advice for developing an effective Cloud strategy for your organization. Ron's Tech Tip is based on his article, Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy - Part 1: Self Awareness
- Getting Started with DevOps for Databases
by Dominic Delmolino
Dominic Delmolino, VP of Architecture and Engineering at Agilex Technologies, packs his two minutes with three quick tips to help you get started with DevOps for databases. Dominic's tip is based in part on two posts from his blog, Superscript and Can you see what I see?
- Upgrading to Oracle SOA Suite 12c
by Danilo Schmiedel
Oracle ACE Director and Opitz Consulting Solution Architect Danilo Schmiedel devotes his 120 seconds to a tech tip focused on upgrading from Oracle SOA Suite 11g to SOA Suite 12c. Want more detail? See the presentation available on Danilo's blog.
- PL/SQL Performance Tuning - Art or Science?
by Michael Rosenblum
Do you approach PL/SQL performance tuning as an art or as a science? This tip from Oracle ACE Michael Rosenblum, Software Architect/Development DBA at Dulcian, Inc., addresses why you should know the difference.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me
Friday Jan 23, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 23, 2015
Here it is! Among the 6,417 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following items were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, January 16-22, 2015.
- 3 Middleware Expert Sessions on Integration and Open Source
Oracle experts Brian Oliver (Architect, Oracle Coherence team), Mikael Fries (Director of Product Management for Oracle Application Testing Solutions) and Mark Nelson (Architect, Oracle Platform Engineering) will each present sessions on Integration and Open Source, part of the Middleware track in the free Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, February 11, 2015. Register now!
- Loading Data in Oracle Database Cloud Service | Arvind Srinivasamoorthy
The Oracle Database Cloud Service (DbCS) does not provide a JDBC interface for external applications and tools (such as SQL developer) to work directly with data in DbCS. However, there are multiple options available bringing data into DbCS. This article by A-Team solution architect Arvind Srinivasamoorthy discusses these options in the context of loading data.
- Reading MAF iOS Simulator Logging Output | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shows you how to locate and open the application.log file so you can read Oracle Mobile Application Framework logging output from the iOS simulator.
- SOA and BPM 12.1.3 BP1 Released | Mark Nelson
Here's a brief post from RedStack blogger Mark Nelson with information on the release of the Oracle SOA and BPM 12.1.3 Bundle Patch 1 (BP1).
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: New Enterprise Manager Release Delivers Adaptive Private PaaS | Yoav Eilat
Yoav Eilat's post looks at three areas where database and middleware users and managers will benefit from Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c's expanded capabilities around Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivery in private clouds.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Jan 9-15, 2015
The January 16 edition of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Friday Top 10 list included links to articles covering Authentication, Business Intelligence, eCommerce, Endeca, GoldenGate 12c, Maven, WebLogic, and more. Catch up on what you might have missed!
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Open Source and Integration Agenda
The Middleware track in the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February is itself split into two sub-tracks. This post from the OTN ArchBeat Blog presents the agenda for the sessions in the Open Source and Integration sub-track, which features sessions covering WebLogic, Coherence, Maven, Java EE, and more.
- OTN VTS Middleware Track Session Resources
If you plan to participate in the middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Feb 11, you'll want to take a look at this list of supplemental resources. Included in the list are guides for the hands-on labs for the Oracle Maven Repository,
- Inside Fusion Middleware 12c: Increasing Scalability with JMS Adapter 12c | Stefan Koser
This article by A-Team solution architect Stefan Koser illustrates how the JMS Adapter in the new Fusion Middleware 12c release can be configured in high throughput scenarios to use fewer threads than in previous versions.
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Data Integration and Analytics
One of two sub-tracks in the Middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February, Data Integration and Analytics features sessions by Oracle ACE Directors Mark Rittman and Stewart Bryson, and Oracle ACE Michael Rainey. The sessions will cover, ODI, GoldenGate, Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager, Hadoop, and more. Get the complete agenda in this post on the OTN ArchBeat blog.
- Middleware Sessions: OTN Virtual Technology Summit - May 5, 12, 19
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 17-23, 2015
- Video: Why You Should Attend GLOC 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 14-20, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 10-16, 2015
- Video: Agile Tips for ODI 12c | Stewart Bryson
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 7-13, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 3-9, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for March 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - March 31 - April 6, 2015