Friday Jun 12, 2015
Friday Jun 05, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 05, 2015
Tuesday Apr 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 21, 2015
Tuesday Apr 14, 2015
Friday Apr 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 10, 2015
Monday Feb 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 02, 2015
Planning on participating in the Middleware sessions that are part of next week's OTN Virtual Technology Summit? Great! But did you know that there are important prerequisites for those sessions? The highly interactive nature of the middleware sessions means you don't just get to sit on your hands.
For example, if you plan to participate in Mark Nelson's session on Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository, (part of the Open Source and Integration sub-track) you will need the Oracle Maven Repository Lab Guide, which includes information on where you can download key prerequisites:
Likewise, if you plan to participate in Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors by Oracle ACE Michael Rainey, or in Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings by Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, you need to check out Tame Big Data Using Oracle Data Integration. This demo forms the basis for the sessions by Rainey and Rittman, and includes information on how to access and install the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine, which provides an integrated environment to help you get started with the Oracle Big Data platform.
Click here for an extensive list of other resources that will help get the most out of your OTN Virtual Technology Summit experience.
Register now for the
Friday Jan 30, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 30, 2015
The Top 10 most popular articles and other content shared with the 6,425 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, January 23-29, 2015.
- Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment | Marcelo Parisi
With its focus on service protection, and its authentication mechanisms, message encryption, and security/policy functionalities, Oracle API Gateway (OAG) 11g can be a very powerful tool in the secure provisioning of services in the cloud. This article shows you how to create a cloud-based OAG infrastructure, with high-availability and scalability support.
- Archive Podcast: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast from January 2013 gives you a seat at a roundtable discussion with four experts on the evolution of SOA Governance: what old problems persist, what new problems have presented themselves, and what can be done to implement an efficient and effective SOA governance program.
- Virus-Proofing Oracle WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | Marcelo Parisi
Marcelo Parisi's article is a proof-of-concept for a basic infrastructure re-architecture and software configuration needed to implement a basic virus-checking routine on files before they get to Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Spinning-up a Coherence Cluster with Weblogic Scripting (WLST) | David Felcey
The WebLogic scripting and management features available with Coherence 12c Managed Servers make it easy to create Coherence clusters and manage applications. Using the Weblogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the whole lifecycle of Managed Coherence Servers can be controlled, from creating and starting a Coherence cluster to deploying Coherence applications. This article from David Felcey outlines how to do just this, using some sample WLST scripts.
- SOA Suite 12c: In-depth look into Managed File Transfer (1/3) | Robert van Molken
Managed File Transfer is a simple and secure End-to-End Managed File Gateway, with support for large files, encryption, auditing, monitoring and pass-by-reference. Robert van Molken's article looks at Oracle Managed File Transfer (MFT) as a solution to the growing problems with the use of FTP in the enterprise.
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity are key requirements with most business critical on-premise Fusion Applications environments. Disaster Recovery for FA can be broken down into two layers that have to be synchronized to achieve full recoverability: Shared storage and databases. The solution described in Roland Koenn's article supports simple full site switchover / failover and will satisfy most business requirements.
- 3 Sessions on Data Integration and Warehousing | OTN Virtual Tech Summit, Feb 11
The middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on February 11, 2015 includes three sessions on Data Integration and Warhousing: "Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors," " Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings," and "An Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager." The event is free, so register now!
- Trends in Data Management: Unlock the True Value Proposition of Big Data | Ron Batra
"The typical reference architecture has shifted significantly over the years," says Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra in this article from Profit Magazine. "Due to the rich variety of data sources...we see systems and architectures that are net-new to the average enterprise—for example, machine learning, data mining, predictive analytics, and big data visualization."
- iOS Setup and Requirements Guidelines for MAF 2.1.0 | Martin Deh
With the release of Oracle MAF 2.1.0 there are a few important items that will need to be considered when upgrading the iOS environment and with JDeveloper. This article from solution architect Martin Deh covers installation guidelines and other details.
- How FXLoader Integrates Oracle PaaS and SaaS | Peter Care
This concise article by Peter Care from FXLoader presents the details on his solution that combines Oracle PaaS, SaaS and the Cloud Marketplace.
Tuesday Jan 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 27, 2015
The Top 10 most popular tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, January 20-26, 2015.
- RT @Oracle: Is your #PaaS delivering the agility your users demand? Find out Jan 28 at 10am PT
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:35 AM
- RT @MaartenSmeetsNL: New blog post on the Oracle SOA Suite 12c Coherence Adapter @soacommunity @AMIS_Services
Jan 24, 2015 at 06:57 PM
- Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to ODI12c Mappings, by @markrittman. OTN Virtual Tech Summit Feb 11.
Jan 21, 2015 at 02:00 PM
- #OTNVTS Middleware sub-track: Data Integration and Analytics, w/ @mRainey @markrittman @stewartbryson
Jan 22, 2015 at 08:49 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware track Open Source and Integration Session Agenda #weblogic #coherence #maven
Jan 21, 2015 at 02:26 PM
- #WebLogic #Docker images added to Oracle's github, h/t to @markxnelson
Jan 26, 2015 at 11:09 AM
- Oracle #Maven Repository Index now available - more to come | @MarkxNelson
Jan 23, 2015 at 12:13 PM
- RT @stewartbryson: See me at the #OTN Virtual Technology Summit Middleware Track: Data Integration & Analytics @oracleace @OTNArchBeat
Jan 23, 2015 at 11:18 AM
- Podcast: A new approach to #BI projects, w/ @andrewjohnbond @stewartbryson @markrittman
Jan 22, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- Oracle User Group members! We want your feedback on tech review sites. Take this anonymous survey.
Jan 26, 2015 at 07:28 AM
Wednesday Jan 21, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 21, 2015
The middleware track for the next Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit consists of two completely different sub-tracks:
As with every OTN Virtual Technology Summit, you can freely switch between any of the four primary tracks (Database, Java, Systems, Middleware), and between any sub-tracks within each.
In this post I want to focus on the agenda for the Open Source and Integration track, which covers WebLogic, Coherence, Maven and Java EE. I'll provide detail on the Data Integration and Analytics track in an upcoming post.
Register for this Free Event
|Session Abstract||Session Speaker Name/Title|
|Track Overview||This session includes an overview of the sessions in the middleware track, plus important information you need to know to get the most out of this OTN Virtual Technology Summit.||
Bob Rhubart, Manager, OTN Architect/Middleware Community
|Caching for Java - The JCache Standard and What it Means for You||By now you've likely heard about the JCache (JSR-107) standard that was recently accepted by the Java Community Process. As a long-standing JSR, it might have been easy to assume it would never come to light. But now this adoption offers a standardized way to provide caching for your Java applications. What does that mean? How can you use it? What are its limitations? Join us for a deep-dive into JCache and how Oracle's leadership in the caching space can provide your apps with increased performance.
Brian Oliver, Architect, Oracle Coherence
|Real-World Testing for Scalable Applications||The apps you're developing are getting increasingly complex, and they have multitudes of new requirements - including the ability to scale effectively. But how do you perform tests for your scalable applications efficiently? How can you spend less time worrying about testing and QA and more time creating value? Join us to discover how you can use Oracle Load Testing in order to test your apps' scalability without the fuss.||
Mikael Fries, Director of Product Management for Oracle Application Testing Solutions
|Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository||This session will focus on the brand new Oracle Maven Repository, which provides publicly accessible, online, on-demand access to the full set of Maven product artifacts provided in the Oracle WebLogic 12c releases. You'll learn what you'll find in the repository, how to access it, and we'll walk you step-by-step through how to use the repository in a project.||
Mark Nelson, Architect, Oracle Platform Engineering
You'll find an extensive list of additional resources for these sessions here, including hands-on lab guides and other information you'll want to access before the event.
About the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
Remember, each OTN Virtual Technology Summit includes four primary tracks:
You'll find the complete event agenda hereNote that the Database, Systems, and Middleware tracks each are split into two sub-tracks. So your registration for this event provides access to a total of seven tracks, and more than 20 individual sessions. You can freely switch between any of the tracks at any time.
Friday Dec 19, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 19, 2014
Here it is, the final Facebook Friday Top 10 list for 2014 (I'm taking some time off over the holidays). In 2014 the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page picked up an additional 1,455 new fans, for a total of 6,217. Big thanks to all the fans who follow the page, and to the experts who create all the content that brings the fans to the page.
Happy Holidays, Everyone!
- Oracle BPM 12c Gateways: Parallel Gateway | Antonis Antoniou
Part 3 in Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou's 5-part series shows you how to you can use the parallel gateway in a process.
- How to implement a custom WCS flex filter | Noël Jaffré
This A-Team Chronicles blog post includes links to a document by Noël Jaffré of OCS/EMEA "that describes very succinctly how to implement a custom flex filter class for use with WebCenter Sites flex assets."
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About BPM 11g/12c | Mark Foster et al
Mark Foster collaborated with his A-Team colleagues Sushil Shukla, Siming Mu, John Featherly, and Pete Farkas to put together this list of things everyone should know when embarking on a BPM project.
- Top 5 OTN Business Intelligence Articles for 2014
Why only the Top 5? Because these five Business Intelligence articles totally dominated the category. Congrats to authors Mark Rittman, Kevin McGinley, Christian Screen, Edelweiss Kammermann, and Yuli Vasiliev.
- Xmas Day 2014: IoT Devices Go Online | Hinkmond Wong
Hinkmond Wong shares an interesting take on how Christmas Day 2014 might be a milestone in Internet history.
- Updated Coherence JVisualVM Plugin in Latest Coherence Patch | Tim Middleton
As reported by Tim Middleton, Coherence 220.127.116.11.1, (Patch 18378184) includes updates to the Coherence JVisualVM Plugin, a couple of UI tweaks, and it addresses an issue when monitoring Coherence clusters in WebLogic Server environments.
- Podcast: Customizing the Oracle EBS User Experience
APEX? Forms? OBI? Excel? Monty Latiolais heads up an expert panel that debates the relative merits of various solutions for customizing the Oracle EBS user experience.
- Free Tutorial Series: Monitoring of Mobile Applications | Oracle Learning Library
This series of four short tutorials (5 mins each) describes the daily monitoring of mobile applications with the Applications Interface Services Server through Server Manager. Free from the Oracle Learning Library.
- BPM Workspace Login with libOVD and LDAP - Part 1: Configuration and Startup | Siming Mu
This article by solution architect Siming Mu is the first of a series that will shed some light on the interactions between BPM Workspace, libOVD and LDAPs. Information in this post is obtained by analyzing a series of libOVD trace logs.
- Top 10 OTN Identity Mgmt and Security Articles for 2014
Too much coffee keeping you up at night? Or is it the ever-present risk of hacker attacks, like the recent assault on Sony Pictures? Ease your mind with this list of 2014's Top 10 most popular OTN technical articles on identity management and security.
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - October 24-31, 2015