Tuesday Apr 21, 2015
Tuesday Apr 14, 2015
Friday Apr 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 10, 2015
Monday Feb 02, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 02, 2015
Planning on participating in the Middleware sessions that are part of next week's OTN Virtual Technology Summit? Great! But did you know that there are important prerequisites for those sessions? The highly interactive nature of the middleware sessions means you don't just get to sit on your hands.
For example, if you plan to participate in Mark Nelson's session on Getting Started with the Oracle Maven Repository, (part of the Open Source and Integration sub-track) you will need the Oracle Maven Repository Lab Guide, which includes information on where you can download key prerequisites:
Likewise, if you plan to participate in Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors by Oracle ACE Michael Rainey, or in Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings by Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, you need to check out Tame Big Data Using Oracle Data Integration. This demo forms the basis for the sessions by Rainey and Rittman, and includes information on how to access and install the Oracle Big Data Lite Virtual Machine, which provides an integrated environment to help you get started with the Oracle Big Data platform.
Click here for an extensive list of other resources that will help get the most out of your OTN Virtual Technology Summit experience.
Register now for the
Friday Jan 30, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 30, 2015
The Top 10 most popular articles and other content shared with the 6,425 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, January 23-29, 2015.
- Building a Scalable, Highly Available Oracle API Gateway 11g Infrastructure in a Cloud Environment | Marcelo Parisi
With its focus on service protection, and its authentication mechanisms, message encryption, and security/policy functionalities, Oracle API Gateway (OAG) 11g can be a very powerful tool in the secure provisioning of services in the cloud. This article shows you how to create a cloud-based OAG infrastructure, with high-availability and scalability support.
- Archive Podcast: Meeting SOA Governance Challenges
This four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast from January 2013 gives you a seat at a roundtable discussion with four experts on the evolution of SOA Governance: what old problems persist, what new problems have presented themselves, and what can be done to implement an efficient and effective SOA governance program.
- Virus-Proofing Oracle WebCenter Content 11g with Oracle API Gateway 11g | Marcelo Parisi
Marcelo Parisi's article is a proof-of-concept for a basic infrastructure re-architecture and software configuration needed to implement a basic virus-checking routine on files before they get to Oracle WebCenter Content.
- Spinning-up a Coherence Cluster with Weblogic Scripting (WLST) | David Felcey
The WebLogic scripting and management features available with Coherence 12c Managed Servers make it easy to create Coherence clusters and manage applications. Using the Weblogic Scripting Tool (WLST), the whole lifecycle of Managed Coherence Servers can be controlled, from creating and starting a Coherence cluster to deploying Coherence applications. This article from David Felcey outlines how to do just this, using some sample WLST scripts.
- SOA Suite 12c: In-depth look into Managed File Transfer (1/3) | Robert van Molken
Managed File Transfer is a simple and secure End-to-End Managed File Gateway, with support for large files, encryption, auditing, monitoring and pass-by-reference. Robert van Molken's article looks at Oracle Managed File Transfer (MFT) as a solution to the growing problems with the use of FTP in the enterprise.
- Disaster Recovery for On-Premise Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity are key requirements with most business critical on-premise Fusion Applications environments. Disaster Recovery for FA can be broken down into two layers that have to be synchronized to achieve full recoverability: Shared storage and databases. The solution described in Roland Koenn's article supports simple full site switchover / failover and will satisfy most business requirements.
- 3 Sessions on Data Integration and Warehousing | OTN Virtual Tech Summit, Feb 11
The middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on February 11, 2015 includes three sessions on Data Integration and Warhousing: "Real-Time Data Replication to Hadoop using GoldenGate 12c Adaptors," " Bringing Oracle Big Data SQL to Oracle Data Integration 12c Mappings," and "An Introduction to Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager." The event is free, so register now!
- Trends in Data Management: Unlock the True Value Proposition of Big Data | Ron Batra
"The typical reference architecture has shifted significantly over the years," says Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra in this article from Profit Magazine. "Due to the rich variety of data sources...we see systems and architectures that are net-new to the average enterprise—for example, machine learning, data mining, predictive analytics, and big data visualization."
- iOS Setup and Requirements Guidelines for MAF 2.1.0 | Martin Deh
With the release of Oracle MAF 2.1.0 there are a few important items that will need to be considered when upgrading the iOS environment and with JDeveloper. This article from solution architect Martin Deh covers installation guidelines and other details.
- How FXLoader Integrates Oracle PaaS and SaaS | Peter Care
This concise article by Peter Care from FXLoader presents the details on his solution that combines Oracle PaaS, SaaS and the Cloud Marketplace.
- Top Ten 2 Minute Tech Tips by KScope 2015 Speakers
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 19-25, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 24-30, 2015