Tuesday Apr 28, 2015
Thursday Apr 09, 2015
Tuesday Apr 07, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 07, 2015
Wednesday Mar 25, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 25, 2015
Oracle ACE Associate and eProseed Technical Director Antonis Antoniou puts the pedal to the metal with this tip on two new developer-centric error handling and recovery features in Oracle BPM12c.
Antonis's tip is based on his OTN technical article series:
- Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1
- Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 2
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact @OTNArchBeat or leave a comment on this blog post.
Tuesday Mar 10, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 10, 2015
Test the atmosphere of the Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, March 3-9, 2015.
- RT @JavaFXpert: Entertaining live hacking presentation by @lucasjellema and @lucb_ at #ofmForum
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:07 PM
- RT @soacommunity: Middleware Partner Community Awards congratulations to winners @OC_WIRE @EasyBlogs @eProseed
Mar 9, 2015 at 01:46 PM
- RT @andreaskoop: Oracle mobile cloud service in action at #ofmForum by @gwronald
Mar 3, 2015 at 11:40 AM
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable w/ @Luisw19 @anevensen @Yogesh_Sontakke @OracleSOA #SOA #governance
Mar 5, 2015 at 06:05 AM
- Dynamic Integrations for Multiple #Hyperion Planning Apps, by @RZGiampaoli @RodrigoRadtke #ODI
Mar 6, 2015 at 06:37 AM
- RT @i_m_dave: #OEMM documentation on OTN (pdfs)
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:53 AM
- Podcast: #Microservices roundtable w/ @sbernhardt @attermr @lonnekedikmans?@ewolff #soa
Mar 6, 2015 at 06:45 AM
- 4 Tracks. 25 sessions. #OTNVTS now available on-demand. #database #java #systems #middleware
Mar 5, 2015 at 10:13 AM
- #BPM Skill Video Binge: "Getting Started with BPM - Parts 1 and 2" from @Oracle_Edu
Mar 6, 2015 at 10:02 AM
- RT @JavaFXpert: Happy Birthday 12.2.1 @lonnekedikmans #ofmForum
Mar 4, 2015 at 12:28 PM
Tuesday Mar 03, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 03, 2015
The Top 10 most-retweeted tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days, February 24-March 2, 2015.
- Free #OTNVTS Feb 25. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson Feb 24, 2015 at 03:00 AM
- #OTNVTS Middleware lab: Data Replication to #Hadoop using #GoldenGate12c Adaptors. TODAY. 9:30am GMT
Feb 25, 2015 at 03:30 AM
- Video: #Hyperion Metadata Integration, by @rodrigoradtke and @rzgiampaoli #2MTT @oracleace
Feb 25, 2015 at 09:42 AM
- RT @CameronLackpour: Just posted latest #Essbase book: Developing Essbase Applications: Hybrid Techniques and Practices #developingessbase #orclepm #OBIEE
Mar 2, 2015 at 12:31 PM
- Podcast: @nicovanbenthem @lonnekedikmans @dschmied @t_winterberg talk Adaptive Case Mgmt
Feb 25, 2015 at 01:49 PM
- RT @stevendavelaar: Having fun testing performance of SOAP, REST-XML, and REST-JSON calls in Oracle MAF. Incredible differences! Blog post …
Feb 25, 2015 at 12:52 PM
- RT @OracleDI: Proudly announcing Oracle #GoldenGate for #BigData. Join us on 5th March to learn more.
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:55 AM
- Free #OTNVTS March 4. Middleware sessions by @markrittman @mrainey @stewartbryson #oracleace
Feb 27, 2015 at 12:00 PM
- March 4. #OTNVTS. Middleware track. 6 experts. 6 Sessions. All free.
Mar 1, 2015 at 08:00 PM
- Oracle #BPM12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1, by @AntoniouAntonis http://t.co/D486JIdIjJ
Feb 24, 2015 at 08:40 AM
Friday Feb 27, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2015
Say hello to the Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, February 20-26, 2015.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 1: "The Visual Face of Hadoop" | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman kicks off a new series with this look at how Big Data Discovery is architected and how it works with Cloudera CDH5.
- Oracle has introduced API Manager! | Maarten Smeets
Certified Oracle SOA / Java / BPM integration specialist Maarten Smeets shares his perspective on the recently released Oracle API Manager.
- Calling All WebLogic Users: Please Help Us Improve WebLogic Documentation! | Reza Rahman
Reza Rahman shares information on a new, 2-page survey you can complete to help improve WebLogic documentation.
- Jumpstarting Development on the Cloud – Part 2: Packaging and Build | Ashish Singh
This article by solution architect Ashish Singh demonstrates how to use the Developer Cloud Service to automate your Maven based development lifecycle, with a focus on how the Maven Repository can be populated with Weblogic or other custom jars, and how the Hudson build jobs and deployments can be configured.
- Extending Your SaaS Applications with PaaS | Debra Lilley
Oracle ACE Director Debra Lilley recaps what she learned in a workshop focused on building PaaS extensions using the Rapid Development Kit, a collection of ADF artifacts.
- Jumpstarting Development on the #Cloud – Part 1 : Standardizing a Workflow | Jeevan Joseph
Solution architect Jeevan Joseph's article introduces you to a standardized multi-user workflow for the Oracle Developer Cloud Service. The intent is to showcase a how a team starting on the Service would collaborate on code to address various requirements and use-cases in a typical SDLC model.
- Oracle Weblogic SAML2 Authorization | Luis Rodriguez
CERN's Luis Rodriguez illustrates how to authorize your users in Oracle Weblogic once they have been authenticated.
- 4 New OTN Tech articles on JDeveloper, BPM, ADF
What do Wilfred van der Deijl, Richard Olrichs, Antonis Antoniou, and Ganesh Kamble do when they're not actually working with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM? They write detailed technical articles to help you in your work with JDeveloper, ADF, and Oracle BPM. Here are four great examples.
- Data Presenter Framework - Webcenter Portal PS7 | Rohan Walia
Rohan Walia's article provides an overview of WebCenter Data Presenter and step-by-step instructions for creating data controls and task flows at runtime.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part III: The Critical "How" | Ron Batra
According to Oracle ACE Director and cloud expert Ron Batra, "The How" is where the rubber really meets the road in your cloud transformation strategy. "Things become infinitely more interesting," he says. Read the latest installment in his ongoing series.
Thursday Feb 26, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 26, 2015
As if these people don't already spend plenty of time pounding a keyboard and taxing their tendons just doing their jobs...
Here are four new OTN technical articles written by community members.
Oracle BPM 12c Advanced Error Handling and Recovery - Part 1
by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou
This article by Oracle ACE Associate Antonis Antoniou is part one of a two part series that compares the differences in fault handling options between Oracle BPM 11g and 12c, and explores the new error handling and recovery features introduced in Oracle BPM 12c.
Quality Assurance with JDeveloper 11g and 12c
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
A pair of ACEs explain the process behind creating Oracle JDeveloper and Application Development Framework (ADF) code audit rules, and why they think this is a powerful tool for developers.
Tutorial: Creating JDeveloper Audit Rules
by Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and
Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs
Why postpone quality assurance until the very end of the software development process when you can use JDeveloper extensions to apply quality checks and rules to the code you write when you're writing it? In this 4-part companion tutorial for the article listed above, Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl and Oracle ACE Richard Olrichs show you how.
Externalize the Security of Oracle ADF Applications Using Oracle Entitlements Server
by Ganesh Kamble
This article discusses how you can use Oracle Entitlements Server (OES) to secure the resources of Oracle Application Development Framework (ADF) applications, with a focus on creating policies for securing an ADF application, and then storing those policies in Oracle Internet Directory.
If you're ready to laugh in the face of carpal tunnel syndrome and write an OTN technical article, leave a comment here, or ping me on Twitter: @OTNArchBeat
Friday Jan 23, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 23, 2015
Here it is! Among the 6,417 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, the following items were the Top 10 most popular for the last seven days, January 16-22, 2015.
- 3 Middleware Expert Sessions on Integration and Open Source
Oracle experts Brian Oliver (Architect, Oracle Coherence team), Mikael Fries (Director of Product Management for Oracle Application Testing Solutions) and Mark Nelson (Architect, Oracle Platform Engineering) will each present sessions on Integration and Open Source, part of the Middleware track in the free Oracle Technology Network Virtual Technology Summit, February 11, 2015. Register now!
- Loading Data in Oracle Database Cloud Service | Arvind Srinivasamoorthy
The Oracle Database Cloud Service (DbCS) does not provide a JDBC interface for external applications and tools (such as SQL developer) to work directly with data in DbCS. However, there are multiple options available bringing data into DbCS. This article by A-Team solution architect Arvind Srinivasamoorthy discusses these options in the context of loading data.
- Reading MAF iOS Simulator Logging Output | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis shows you how to locate and open the application.log file so you can read Oracle Mobile Application Framework logging output from the iOS simulator.
- SOA and BPM 12.1.3 BP1 Released | Mark Nelson
Here's a brief post from RedStack blogger Mark Nelson with information on the release of the Oracle SOA and BPM 12.1.3 Bundle Patch 1 (BP1).
- Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c: New Enterprise Manager Release Delivers Adaptive Private PaaS | Yoav Eilat
Yoav Eilat's post looks at three areas where database and middleware users and managers will benefit from Oracle Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c's expanded capabilities around Platform as a Service (PaaS) delivery in private clouds.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Jan 9-15, 2015
The January 16 edition of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Friday Top 10 list included links to articles covering Authentication, Business Intelligence, eCommerce, Endeca, GoldenGate 12c, Maven, WebLogic, and more. Catch up on what you might have missed!
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Open Source and Integration Agenda
The Middleware track in the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February is itself split into two sub-tracks. This post from the OTN ArchBeat Blog presents the agenda for the sessions in the Open Source and Integration sub-track, which features sessions covering WebLogic, Coherence, Maven, Java EE, and more.
- OTN VTS Middleware Track Session Resources
If you plan to participate in the middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit on Feb 11, you'll want to take a look at this list of supplemental resources. Included in the list are guides for the hands-on labs for the Oracle Maven Repository,
- Inside Fusion Middleware 12c: Increasing Scalability with JMS Adapter 12c | Stefan Koser
This article by A-Team solution architect Stefan Koser illustrates how the JMS Adapter in the new Fusion Middleware 12c release can be configured in high throughput scenarios to use fewer threads than in previous versions.
- OTN Virtual Technology Summit: Middleware Track: Data Integration and Analytics
One of two sub-tracks in the Middleware track of the OTN Virtual Technology Summit coming up in February, Data Integration and Analytics features sessions by Oracle ACE Directors Mark Rittman and Stewart Bryson, and Oracle ACE Michael Rainey. The sessions will cover, ODI, GoldenGate, Oracle Enterprise Metadata Manager, Hadoop, and more. Get the complete agenda in this post on the OTN ArchBeat blog.
Tuesday Dec 23, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 23, 2014
On January 1, 2014 @OTNArchBeat had 4,764 followers. As of this writing that number has grown to 6,229. Thanks, everyone!So for the last time in 2014, here are the Top Tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the past seven days, December 16-22, 2014.
- Top 5 OTN BI Articles for 2014, by @markrittman @kevin_mcginley @EdelweissK @ArtOfBi & Yuli Vasiliev
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
- Dynamic Integrations for Multiple #Hyperion Planning Apps, by @RZGiampaoli @RodrigoRadtke #ODI
Dec 16, 2014 at 03:37 PM
- Top 10 Things You Should Know About BPM 11g/12c >> from members of the Fusion Middleware A-Team
Dec 17, 2014 at 02:53 PM
- #SOASuite12c: Topology Suggestions | Jay Kasi
[Dec 19, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit #middleware #mobile presos by @lonnekedimans @gschmutz @lucb_ now on-demand
Dec 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Rittman Mead's Bar Optimizer | Jordan Meyer >> I can think of no better use of technology.
Dec 17, 2014 at 03:45 PM
- Top Ten 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos for 2014. Leaders: @LucasJellema @RichNiemiec @LuisW19 #2MTT
Dec 22, 2014 at 09:04 AM
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 22-28, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - Nov 15-22, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 13-19, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 10-16, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 8-14, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for November 6-12, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - November 3-9, 2015
- 2 Minute Tech Tip Videos: Weekly Top 10 - November 1-7, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts for Oct 30-Nov 5, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - Oct 27 - Nov 2, 2015