Friday Oct 23, 2015
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
Tuesday Feb 25, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 25, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days (February 18-24, 2014).
Feb 20, 2014 at 02:59 PM
- RT @rluttikhuizen: Chatting in the ACE room of the Weblogic Virtual Developer Day from #ofmForum with @lucasjellema @simon_haslam
Feb 20, 2014 at 02:15 PM
- RT @avioconsulting: AVIO Consulting Blog - It is Not "BPM vs. BPEL"
Feb 18, 2014 at 03:45 PM
- Architects from Planet Earth | OTN Architect Community Newsletter for Feb 2014
Feb 20, 2014 at 08:15 AM
- #GlassFish Monitoring and Management Virtual Event with @AdamBien - March 7 - 4:30pm GMT #LondonGUG
Feb 24, 2014 at 11:22 AM
- Altova #XMLSpy, testing custom functions in xsl transformations | @eelzinga #soasuite
Feb 18, 2014 at 08:00 AM
- #ADF Performance Tuning: Tips on How to Limit #ADFBC Memory Consumption | @FrankHouweling
Feb 18, 2014 at 02:03 PM
- 11g Resequencer Health Check | Shreenidhi Raghuram #soa #aia
Feb 24, 2014 at 10:55 AM
- Running Oracle Forms From #APEX: February @ODTUG Webinar Series | @MiaUrman
Feb 18, 2014 at 12:08 PM
- Podcast: Taking Charge - #SOA Governance Challenges - Part 4 (final) w/ @manelrosa @luisw19 et al.
Feb 20, 2014 at 02:02 PM
Thought for the Day
"Laugh and the world laughs with you, snore and you sleep alone."
— Anthony Burgess, author of A Clockwork Orange
(February 25, 1917 – November 22, 1993)
Thursday Aug 01, 2013
Monday Mar 25, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 25, 2013
Oracle ADF Product Manager Chris Muir has many fans, apparently. He shows up three times in this list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN Archbeat Facebook page for the week of March 17-23, 2013.
- Oracle SOA Poster-BPEL Process 2.0
by EAIESB | Juergen Kress
Take down that Kate Upton poster and make room for something that might actually help your career.
- Coding Validation in ADF BC View
Object Before Commit Method | Andrejus Baranovskis
Yet another technical post from Oracle ACE Director and prolific blogger Andrejus Baranovskis.
- Configuring HA for Oracle WebLogic
Server Managed Servers by Using the clsetup Wizard
A useful and informative post by someone whose parents decided to name their kid "user13377140." d
- Tutorial Series: Developing
Applications for Oracle Cloud Using OEPE (Eclipse)
Feed your brain with series of free Oracle Learning Library tutorials on the development and deployment of Java applications to Oracle Cloud using the Oracle Enterprise Pack for Eclipse (OEPE) integrated development environment.
- Free Tutorial: Oracle GoldenGate on
Exadata: Replication from Oracle 11gR2 to Oracle 11gR2
From the tutorial description: "Upon completion of this Oracle-By-Example (OBE) tutorial, you will be able to keep two heterogeneous databases synchronized using Oracle GoldenGate (OGG); in this case a Linux Oracle 11gR2 database to an Exadata 11gR2 database."
- Video: Automate scanning and capture
of content within e-business applications with Oracle
This Oracle Fusion Middleware Screencast takes a high-level look at how Oracle WebCenter Content can automate the scanning and capture of content within e-business applications.
- Book review: "SOA Made Simple" |
"If you're looking for a concise text to articulate defining and progressing with a SOA project, this is for you," says Chris Muir of 'SOA Made Simple,' the new book by Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans and Ronald van Luttikhuizen.
- Video: ADF Mobile - Integrating the
GPS | Chris Muir
- Big Data is the Commercial
Supercomputing in the age of Datafication | Alex
Oracle ACE Director Alex Gorbachev shares his thoughts after reading Jeff Needham's “Disruptive Possibilities: How Big Data Changes Everything.”
- Video: ADF Mobile - Integrating SMS
| Chris Muir
Thought for the Day
"Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning."
Monday Jan 28, 2013
Monday Jan 07, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 07, 2013
Architects cover a lot of territory, from high-level, big-picture issues to the nuts-and-bolts of various products and technologies. This list of the Top 10 most popular OTN articles from 2012 reflects those varied interests. This is what you were reading in 2012:
- How To Configure Browser-based SSO with Kerberos/SPNEGO and Oracle WebLogic Server
by Abhijit Patil
[Published May 2012]
Oracle WebLogic Server offers a complete solution for single sign-on with Microsoft clients using Kerberos.
- Security for Everyone
by Frank Nimphius
Protect your Oracle ADF applications from unauthorized access using the Oracle ADF Security feature.
- Start Small, Grow Fast
by Edwin Biemond, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Demed L'Her
[Published January 2012]
A set of pragmatic best practices for deploying a simple and sound SOA footprint that can grow with business demand.
- Unit Testing Asynchronous BPEL Processes Using soapUI
by Daniel Amadei
[Published February 2012]
Thanks to its support for Mocking and WS-Addressing, soapUI can be used to test asynchronous BPEL processes.
- Enterprise Architecture, Organizational Structure, and Company Performance
by Travis Wissink
[Published February 2012]
Travis Wissink examines the connections, and what they mean for architects.
- On the Road with BI
by Mark Rittman
[Published March 2012]
Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile gives your iOS device the business.
- Software Architecture for High Availability in the Cloud
by Brian Jimerson
[Published June 2012]
A look at the paradigm shifts in designing fault tolerance from machine-based architectures to cloud-based architectures, and how enterprise applications need to be engineered to ensure the highest level of availability in the cloud.
- Migrating Oracle Discoverer Data to Oracle Business Intelligence 11g
by Edelweiss Kammermann
[Published February 2012]
Plan your migration project, step by step.
- On History, Basics, and Network Performance
by Tom Kyte
[Published January 2012]
Our technologist recalls a Web seminar, gives the right hint, and dishes on network performance.
- Scaling Service Oriented Architecture
by Philip Wik
[Published August 2012]
Philip Wik explores what scaling is and what it means to a Service Oriented Architecture, and proposes Oracle-based solutions to SOA scaling and an Oracle-based SOA scaling roadmap.
Want more? You'll find a list of the latest OTN technical articles here, along with the complete article archive organized by topic.
Want to see your name on this list next year? Click here to learn how to get your technical article published on OTN.
Thursday Dec 20, 2012
Monday Dec 10, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 10, 2012
The Top 10 most-clicked items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of December 2-8, 2012
- Configure Oracle SOA JMSAdatper to Work with WLS JMS Topics
Another of the four posts published on Dec 4 by the Fusion Middleware A-Team blogger identified as "fip" illlustrates "how to configure the JMS Topic, the JmsAdapter connection factory, as well as the composite so that the JMS Topic messages will be evenly distributed to same composite running off different SOA cluster nodes without causing duplication."
- Web Service Example - Part 3: Asynchronous
Part 3 in this series from the Oracle ADF Mobile blog looks at "firing the web service asynchronously and then filling in the UI when it completes." Denis says, "This can be useful when you have data on the device in a local store and want to show that to the user while the application uses lazy loading from a web service to load more data."
- Advanced Oracle SOA Suite Oracle Open World 2012 SOA Presentations
Oracle SOA & BPM Partner Community blogger Juergen Kress shares a list of 13 SOA presentations delivered or moderated by Oracle SOA Product Management at OOW12 in San Francisco.
- Oracle WebLogic Server WLS Domain Browser
My colleague Jeff Davies, a frequent speaker at OTN Architect Day events and a genuinely nice guy, emailed me last night with this message: "I just came across this app on Google Play. It allows WebLogic administrators to browse WLS 12c domain information. I installed it on my phone and tried it out. Works very fast." I'm an iPhone guy, but I'm perfectly comfortable taking Jeff at his word. The app is called WLS Domain Browser. Follow the link for more info from the Google Play site.
- Retrieve Performance Data from SOA Infrastructure Database
Another of the four blog posts published on Dec 4 by very busy Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team member "fip," this one offers "examples of some basic SQL queries you can run against the infrastructure database of Oracle SOA Suite 11G to acquire the performance statistics for a given period of time."
- How to Achieve OC4J RMI Load Balancing
"Having returned from a customer who faced challenges with OC4J RMI load balancing, I felt there is still some confusion in the field [about] how OC4J RMI load balancing works," says the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team member known only as "fip." "Hence I decide to dust off an old tech note that I wrote a few years back and share it with the general public."
- From XaaS to Java EE – Which damn cloud is right for me in 2012?
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele wrestles with a timely technical issue and shares his observations on several of the alternatives.
- Exalogic 2.0.1 Tea Break Snippets - Creating a ModifyJeOS VirtualBox
"One of the main advantages of this is that Templates can be created away from the Exalogic Environment," explains The Old Toxophilist. (BTW: I had to look it up: a toxophilist is one who collects bows and arrows.)
- ADF Mobile - Implementing Reusable Mobile Architecture
"Reusability was always a strong part of ADF," says Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis. "The same high reusability level is supported now in ADF Mobile." The objective of this post is "to prove technically that [the] reusable architecture concept works for ADF Mobile."
- Using BPEL Performance Statistics to Diagnose Performance Bottlenecks
Someone had a busy day… This post, one of four published on DeC 4 by a member of the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team identified only as "fip," offers details on how to "enable, retrieve and interpret the performance statistics, before the future versions provides a more pleasant user experience."
Thought for the Day
"If you're afraid to change something it is clearly poorly designed."
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016