By OTN ArchBeat on Sep 05, 2013
- Trade-Offs In The Cloud | Floyd Teter
In examining the upside/downside of the public cloud Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter concludes that, "In the end, it's up to each of us to evaluate the technology and make the best determination for each of our unique situations."
- Tech Article: Understanding Service Compensation
Chapter 7 in the Industrial SOA article series will help you gain a deeper understanding of the implications of transactions and compensation within a service-oriented architecture.
- Recommended Oracle BPM 11g books
One of the fine people behind the Oracle BPM blog shares a short list of must-read books for those working with Oracle Business Process Management Suite 11g.
- Basic WebLogic Deployment Plans for your ADF Application | Duncan Mills
Duncan Mills shows you "how easy it is to create and use a deployment plan from within JDeveloper and to embed it into a deployment profile that can be used either from the IDE or via OJDeploy in your build system."
- Java EE 7 Essentials Book by Arun Gupta | Tori Wieldt
Tori Wieldt provides a peek between the covers of Java Evangelist Arun Gupta's new book, Java EE 7 Essentials, now available from O'Reilly Press.
- How Important Is Metadata To An Information Management Strategy? | Ian Thomas
Architect Ian Thomas delves into aspects of information management strategy, starting with metadata, and working his way to Oracle Metadata Services (MDS), Oracle Enterprise Repository, racle Data Integrator (ODI), and more.
- Youtube Video: Design - Advanced Task Flow Concepts, Good Design Practices | Frank Nimphius
In this new episode of TV ADF Architecture TV Frank Nimphius discusses sizing strategies for task flows.
- Finding Value in Big Data | The Economist
This 11-page PDF, a summary of an Economist discussion on Big Data sponsored by Oracle, offers a high-level business perspective on Big Data. But it's broken down into short sections that offer insight into the Big Data strategies at several companies, as well as a look at how Big Data is reshaping IT. That's the kind of information Architects may find interesting.
- Optimizing content cache performance in WebCenter Portal | Yannick Ongena
WebCenter Portal can increase content delivery performance by leveraging Coherence cache for content integration. Solution architect Yannick Ongena's post explains the different parameters for the cache and how they work together with WebCenter Content to deliver an optimized content cache.
Thought for the Day
"I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones."
— John Cage, American composer
(September 5, 1912 – August 12, 1992)