Friday Apr 10, 2015
Wednesday Mar 11, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 11, 2015
Oracle ACE Director Brendan Tierney is a consultant with Oralytics, the editor of the UKOUG's Oracle Scene, and he's the author of Predictive Analytics Using Oracle Data Miner (2014, Oracle Press). In this 2 Minute Tech Tip video Brendan devotes his 120 seconds to a tip focused on using predictive queries.
Want more 2 Minute Tech Tips? Click here.
Have an idea for a 2 Minute Tech Tip? Contact me: @OTNArchBeat
Friday Jan 16, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 16, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days, January 9-15, 2015.
- Sampler: "eCommerce in the Cloud" | Kelly Goetsch
A sampler of content from the book by Kelly Goetsch that helps architects leverage recent technological advances that make it possible to run and entire enterprise-level ecommerce platform from a cloud.
- Video: WebLogic Server Plug-in for Java Mission Control: Installation | Tony Vlatas
In this short video Weblogic technical team member Tony Vlatas shows you how to install the WebLogic Server Plug-in in Java Mission Control.
- Why and How to use Oracle Metadata Management 12c. Part 1: Getting Started | Edelweiss Kammermann
Oracle ACE Edelweiss Kammermann kicks off an article series on Oracle Metadata Management 12c with this look at installation and requirements.
- A Dirty Dozen Questions on Oracle SOA 12c You Need Answered, but Feared to Ask | IT Convergence Blog
The fine folks at IT Convergence put together this transcript of the Q&A from their “Simplify Multichannel Integration with Oracle SOA Suite 12c” webcast.
- The Future of User Authentication | Prateek Mishra
"The best authentication model is useless if customers or employees find it difficult to use," says Prateek Mishra. "This is the key reason why it has proven so difficult to transition away from passwords."
- WebLogic Server and the Oracle Maven Repository | Steven Button
"From a WebLogic Server perspective, the Oracle Maven Repository provides publicly accessible, online, on-demand access to the full set of Maven product artifacts that have been provided in the 12c (12.1.2, 12.1.3) releases," explains Steve Button. "This includes the WebLogic Server APIs, the client libraries and the WebLogic Server Maven Plugin." Check it our for yourself!
- Oracle GoldenGate 12c Tutorial: Oracle to Oracle Replication with Oracle Multitenant V12.1 | Tracy West
This tutorial by solution architect Tracy West provides a quick overview of Oracle to Oracle database replication using Integrated Extract and Integrated Replicat for version 12c and above. Extraction from a Multitenant database is only supported by Integrate Extract.
- Notes on Querying Endeca from within an ATG Application | Mark Scarton
On a few projects in 2014, the issue of Endeca’s performance came up. Specifically, applications were seeing a large number of queries and were also generating large response sizes from Endeca. These queries were not being generated by the Assembler API, but were one-off queries created to bring back other information from Endeca.This article will give some tips on how to optimize those queries.
- Honing a Cloud Transformation Strategy: Part I | Ron Batra
Self-awareness -- knowing your business -- is key to successful cloud transformation, according to Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra. "With so much innovation happening in the Cloud...it is easy for the best of leaders to get distracted," says Batra. "We all can suffer from the 'shiny object' syndrome, especially in the case of a diverse multi-product business."
- Using a Gold Environment as a Part of Your Production to Test Content Movement Toolkit | Jerry Mabry
Solution architect Jerry Mabry shows you how to introduce a straightforward, easily repeatable methodology for performing frequent content movement/environment refreshes in your Fusion Applications (FA) system.
Friday Jan 09, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 09, 2015
The OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page started 2014 with 4,764 fans, and ended the year with 6,348, an increase of over 33%. Many thanks to all those who are paying attention!
But that was then, and this is now. So here's the first Facebook Friday post of 2015, with the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of January 2-8.
- Fusion Applications WebCenter Content Integration: Automating File Import/Export | Jack Desai
This article by solution architect Jack Desai provides an introduction, with working sample code, to programmatically exporting content from Fusion Applications to automate the outbound integration process to other applications in the cloud or on-premise. A Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) composite is implemented to demonstrate the concept.
- Archive Podcast: Finding a Shorter Path to SOA
Oracle ACE Directors Lonneke Dikmans, Simon Haslam, and Ronald van Luttikuhuizen discuss strategies for dealing with some of the problems that can thwart SOA efforts in some organizations.
- Sometimes development is just work | Peter Paul van de Beek
"No matter how cool your job is, no matter how many people are looking at you or your company for best practises, sometimes developing software is just work," says Peter Paul van de Beek. Read his post for some notable examples.
- Public Cloud: The Next Frontier for Enterprise Architecture
Thomas Kurian, Oracle's executive VP of product development, shares insight on the challenges enterprise architects face in establishing an effective architecture for cloud deployments.
- It's Spring for Oracle ACM APIs | Martien van den Akker
"It is not so hard to make the API's available as services," says Martien van den Akker. "The trick is to wrap them up in a set of Java-beans, with one class with methods that do the jobs and create 'request and response beans' for the input parameters of the methods and the response." More detail in his post.
- Minecraft and Identity Management: What an Identity Management guy learned from managing a world populated by tweens and teens | Clayton Donley
In the span of two years, Oracle Identity Management and Mobile Security product management VP Clayton Donley has learned a lot about managing a system where the bulk of the users have pre-teen or early teen levels of maturity. He shares lessons learned in this informative and entertaining article.
- ">Test-driven development using Oracle SOA Suite | Attila Németh
Oracle SOA/BPM Suite is a powerful tool suite for integration. This article by Attila Németh shows how test-driven development can be done with the Oracle tooling.
- AI is coming to IoT, and not all the brains will be in the cloud | Derrick Harris
"As consumers get used to buying so-called smart devices, they're eventually going to expect them to actually be smart," says GigaOm writer Derrick Harris. "They might even expect them to be smart all the time."
- Oracle Mobile Suite Service Bus REST and ADF BC SOAP | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis describe Oracle Service Bus as "One of the key parts of Oracle Mobile Suite 12c." In this post he explains the role OSB plays in an ADF BC application he created.
- Business Analytics: In-Memory Analytics Speeds Business Intelligence | Mark Rittman
This extensive how-to article from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman illustrates how you can supercharge business intelligence with Oracle Database In-Memory.
Tuesday Jan 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 06, 2015
Since I was on a holiday break last week, there can be no Top 10 for the week. So this Twitter Tuesday post will look back at the Top 10 most popular @OTNArchBeat tweets for the entire month of December 2014.
- RT @debralilley: Please retweet so I can win #project photo prize at #ukoug_apps14 #fb
Dec 9, 2014 at 03:57 PM
- Top 10 Most Popular OTN #SOA Articles in 2014. >> Congrats to the authors.
Dec 10, 2014 at 11:51 AM
- RT @monty_odtug: #orclapex Community: Please signup for #kscope15 U cannot miss Sunday Symposium on 21-JUN! #LetsWreckThisTogether
Dec 14, 2014 at 01:06 PM
- RT @OTechMag: OTech Magazine Winter 2014 is here! Happy Christmas everybody!
Dec 23, 2014 at 07:11 AM
- Podcast Panelists @gurcan_orhan @stewartbryson @XofDup @cameronlackpour @mrainey talk #ODI - a lot!
Dec 5, 2014 at 09:00 PM
- Dynamic Integrations for Multiple #Hyperion Planning Apps, by @RZGiampaoli @RodrigoRadtke #ODI
Dec 16, 2014 at 03:37 PM
- Top 5 OTN BI Articles for 2014, by @markrittman @kevin_mcginley @EdelweissK @ArtOfBi & Yuli Vasiliev
Dec 18, 2014 at 11:01 AM
- Using Web Services: The Fusion Service Tester, by Richard Bingham
Dec 15, 2014 at 01:33 PM
- OTN Tech Article: Marrying the Worlds of #ADF and #HTML5, by #lucasjellema @oracleace
Dec 10, 2014 at 08:26 AM
- Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit #middleware #mobile preos by @lonnekedimans @gschmutz @lucb_ now on demand
Dec 16, 2014 at 02:00 PM
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 19-25, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - April 24-30, 2015
- Video: When to Use GoldenGate 11g With BI Applications 11g | Michael Rainey