Friday Jan 29, 2016
Friday Dec 20, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 20, 2013
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (December 13-19, 2013).
- Podcast: Oracle SOA B2B Integration - Part 3
EDI remains in wide use among old-guard companies, but newer companies are embracing ebXML and other alternatives. Listen to the final segment in this series as panelists Krishnaprem Bhatia, Alan Perlovsky, and Scott Haaland discuss the future of SOA B2B integration.
- How To Use BI Publisher Web Services To Return Report Data From Fusion Applications
What can you do in four minutes? If you watch this video you'll learn how to run Oracle Business Intelligence Publisher reports via web services. Not a bad use of your time, eh?
- Shared Services Stupid Trick No. 2 | Cameron Lackpour
Continuing his series of Shared Services Stupid Tricks, Oracle ACE Director Cameron Lackpour asks, "Can I marry up the parent child list to directly assigned security?" and then answers his own question. Don't worry, he's not talking to himself - he's talking to you.
- Tailoring the Tailoring Through Listening: Simplified UI Outreach | Ultan O'Broin
Work with ADF? Interested in UX? You'll want to read Ultan O'Broin's post on the proceedings of the pilot workshop "to test drive the enablement guidance for the tailoring of the Simplified User Interfaces (UIs) for our cloud applications in forthcoming releases. "
- RESTful GlassFish Monitoring and Management | Adam Bien
Java Champion Adam Bien shows you how to exploit the built-in monitoring and management capabilities of GlassFish to automate application deployment and gain insight into application performance.
- ArchBeat YouTube Top 10 Videos: Middleware Mind Meld
Watching any of the shows in TV Guide's Top 10, you might pick up a few tips on dancing, singing, international espionage, crime scene investigation, dating, or dealing with supernatural demons. But you won't learn anything about middleware. For that, check out this top ten list of videos on the OTN ArchBeat YouTube channel.
- Time to update your APEX development environment | Dimitri Gielis
"In the last days (and weeks) Oracle has been updating many of the tools a typical APEX Developer uses day-in-day-out," says Oracle ACE Director Dimitri Gielis. His post lists the tools and server-side components you need to upgrade.
- Oracle BPM 11g Production Readiness Checklist | Mark Foster
Working with his colleagues on the BPM A-Team, Mark Foster has assembled this "concise list of points that should be at least visited prior to moving into production with Oracle BPM 11g."
- Using Scenario-Based Architecture Analysis to Inform Code Quality Measures | Robert Nord and Ipek Oz
A myopic focus on software delivery can result in degraded quality and serious down-range architectural complications. This SEI blog post by Robert Nord and Ipek Ozkaya describes "a first step towards an approach we developed that aims to use qualitative architectural measures to better inform quantitative code quality metrics."
- Process of Process Management | Ajay Khanna
"BPM is not just system integration or one time automation of manual process. It is about continuous improvement," says Ajay Khanna. "Unless there is a right design and methodology in place, we are essentially creating a new monolithic application that is as rigid as existing systems." Read the rest of his informative post.
Thought for the Day
"I think most people don't react well to being screamed at. It's counterproductive."
— Dick Wolf, television producer
(Born December 20, 1946)
Monday Dec 09, 2013
Friday Dec 06, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 06, 2013
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days (Nov 29 - Dec 5, 2013).
- Photos: Oracle WebLogic Hackathon at UKOUG Tech 13
Photos from the Oracle WebLogic Hackathon held as part of Super Sunday (Dec 1, 2013)at UKOUG Tech 13 in Manchester, UK
- Setting up a Maven Repository Manager with Artifactory | Mark Nelson
Mark Nelson's how-to post examines the use of the community version of Artifactory from JFrog to set up a binary repository.
- Oracle’s Internet of Things Platform
Oracle's Internet of Things page offers large and always updated selection of links to a variety of useful resources—articles, videos, podcasts, etc.—covering various angles on IoT, including M2M, Java Embedded, Big Data, and more.
- Video: Design - Task Flow Transaction Options | Chris Muir
Chris Muir discusses transaction options in bounded task flows, what they are designed to do, and when to use them in your ADF applications.
- Training for the Cutting Edge: Presentation about SW Architecture and Tools for Public Clouds
This presentation by Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz covers various cloud technologies, including Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, EBS, Elastic Load Balancer, CloudFront, RDS), Oracle Cloud Database and Java Service, and Netflix OSS.
- Podcast Show Notes: Oracle SOA B2B Integration
Listen to part one of an in-depth conversation with Krishnaprem Bhatia, Alan Perlovsky, and Scott Haaland, the authors of "Getting Started with Oracle SOA B2B Integration: A Hands-On Tutorial," from Packt Publishing.
- OAAM OTP code generation configuration | Viral Kamdar
Viral Kamdar's short post offers useful how-to info on One Time Password code generation in Oracle Adaptive Access Manager.
- ADF Anti-Patterns: Dangerous Tutorials - Real Experience in ADF | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis based this blog post on content from one of his presentations at UKOUG Tech 13.
- Oracle Linux containers | Wim Coekaerts
Read this short post from Wim for insight on his recent experiments with docker ("really cool" ) and febootstrap.
- The Next Big Wave: Explore mobile frontiers with Oracle ADF Mobile | Frank Nimphius
"Enterprise developers adding mobile as an access channel to enterprise business systems need to maintain the same data validation, business logic, and security levels as for traditional applications," says Frank Nimphius. Read his article to learn more.
Thursday Dec 05, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 05, 2013
|In the latest OTN ArchBeat podcast features a conversation with the authors of Getting Started with Oracle SOA B2B Integration: A Hands-On Tutorial, as they discuss various aspects of the interplay between Oracle B2B and Oracle SOA Suite, evolving integration standards, and more.|
The Panelists(Listed alphabetically)
Be a Guest Producer for an ArchBeat Podcast
Want to be a guest producer for an OTN ArchBeat podcast? It's easy! You pick the topic and the guests, and I do the rest. Put your topic and panelist suggestions in a comment on this post, or contact me at @OTNArchBeat.
Friday Aug 30, 2013
Monday Jul 22, 2013
Thursday Jul 18, 2013
Tuesday Mar 13, 2012
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016