Tuesday Jan 26, 2016
Friday Dec 11, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 11, 2015
Friday Dec 04, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Dec 04, 2015
Friday May 01, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 01, 2015
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
Friday Jun 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 13, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Logging in OIM custom code | Daniel Gralewski
Daniel Gralewski, a principal solution architect with Oracle, shows you how to leverage the Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure in which OIM runs in order to create proper logging information from custom code.
- Video: Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with four key points to keep in your own memory.
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross
A-Team solution architect Eric Gross analyzes and solves a customer-reported problem with Message Driven Bean (MDB) concurrency in WebLogic Server.
- Video: Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations as part of the ADF and Fusion Development track at ODTUG KScope, June 22-26, 2014 in Seattle, WA.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - June 3-9, 2014
Among the 2,872 people who follow @OTNArchBeat on Twitter, these 10 tweets were the most popular for the week of June 3-9, 2014. Topics covered include: #em12c #kscope14 #exalogic #javaee #weblogic
- Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets – Create Assets Evolution | Andrew Hopkinson
Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson.
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4 (12cR4) Articles | Tim Hall
Always busy Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall has written two article recent articles that offer his insight into OEM12R4.
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise Mobile Apps - Parts 1-4 Now Available
The complete, four-part OTN ArchBeat podcast on developing mobile applications for the enterprise is now available. This panel discussion features Oracle development tools experts Chris Muir, Steven Davelaar, Frank Nimphius, and Oracle ACE Luc Bors. Listen!
- Common usecases and techniques when integrating a 3rd party application with Oracle Sales Cloud | Angelo Santagata
Architect and middleware expert Angelo Santagata shares examples of four common use-cases he has seen that illustrate how how partners are embedding their applications into Sales Cloud.
- End-to-End ODI12c ETL on Oracle Big Data Appliance Pt.1 : Flume to Initial Hive Table | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's post focuses on a virtualized example of an Oracle Big Data Appliance using the Oracle Big Data 3.0 software set to explain how to create an example ETL flow through the system showing how ODI could be used to initiate and control the process.NOTE: Mark is a featured presenter in the Middleware Track during the free OTN Virtual Technology Summit, July 9. Register now!)
Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @DBAKevlar: #EM12c rel4 is out! Woohoo!!
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
- Top 10 Arch Community Articles for May 2014 >> props to @markrittman @kevin_mcginley @porushh et al
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- Architecture of Analytics: @markrittman @kevin_mcginley >> Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit - July 9
Jun 4, 2014 at 09:13 AM
- My Top 10 Tweets - May 27 - June 2 #ADF #Essbase #FusionApps #Goldengate #Kscope14 #WebLogic.
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
- Starting and Stopping a #JavaEE Environment when using Oracle #WebLogic | Rene van Wijk #oracleace
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- Video: #KScope14 Preview: @DebraLilley never stops moving, never stops learning.
Jun 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @oraclebase
Jun 9, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross #weblogic
Jun 9, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Exalogic Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson
Jun 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @KentGraziano @DBAKevlar @dbasolved
Jun 3, 2014 at 01:48 PM
Friday May 09, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 09, 2014
Each day I scan dozens of community blogs and other resources looking for great content created by and for members of the OTN solution architect community, content that I then share with more than 5,100 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page. The list below represents the Top 10 most popular posts from that page for the last seven days (May 2-7, 2014).
- Custom Message Data Encryption of Payload in SOA 11g | Weidong Xu
This article by Fusion Middleware A-Team architect Weidong Xu explains how to encrypt sensitive data in the incoming payload and decrypt the data back to clear text (or original form) in the outgoing message.
- Video: Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz Cooks Up New Recipes for WebLogic 12.1.2
Oracle ACE Director Frank Munz talks about new second edition of this book, Oracle WebLogic 12c: Distinctive Recipes.
- Enabling WAN Replication for Oracle Service Bus Result Cache | Ricardo Ferreira
Check out Ricardo Ferreira's post to learn how to use the result cache in Oracle Service Bus, "a very cool functionality" that allows ESB developers to automatically cache responses from a external service in Oracle Coherence, OSB's built-in in-memory data grid caching system.
- Working with Multiple Versions of an Asset Concurrently in WebCenter Sites | Vivek Singh
Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Vivek Singh examines the issues strategies for concurrently working on multiple versions of an asset.
- Video: WebLogic Maven Plugin Installation | Frank Munz
A video how-to from Oracle ACE Director Fran Munz, author of the recently updated 2nd edition of Oracle WebLogic Server 12c: Distinctive Recipes: Architecture, Development and Administration.
- Oracle A-Team ADF Mobile Persistence Sample | Steven Davelaar
This video by Steven Davelaar demonstrates how to generate a fully functional ADF Mobile application that reads and writes data using an ADF BC SOAP web service.
- ArchBeat Facebook Friday: Top 10 Shared Links - April 25 - May 1, 2014
Among the 5,085 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page these ten items were the most popular over the last seven days (April 25 - May 1, 2014).
- ArchBeat Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 Tweets - April 29 - May 5, 2014
2,793 people now follow @OTNArchBeat on Twitter. Among those followers the 10 Tweets listed here drew the most attention over the past seven days.
- Why IT Managers Should Define Reference Architecture to Map Big Data | Sunil Ranka
"With big data and analytics playing an influential role helping organisations achieve a competitive advantage, IT managers are advised not to deploy big data in silos but instead to take a holistic approach toward it and define a base reference architecture even before contemplating positioning the necessary tools," So says Oracle ACE Sunil Ranka in this article in ITNext Magazine.
- Localization Patterns Using WebCenter Sites | Michael Sullivan
What are some useful patterns for leveraging the multi-locale mechanism when using Oracle WebCenter Sites? A-Team solution architect Michael Sullivan's post offers an introduction to localization.
Friday May 02, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 02, 2014
Among the 5,085 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page these ten items were the most popular over the last seven days (April 25 - May 1, 2014).
- Fusion Applications Lifecycle – the Big Picture
This article by the Fusion Middleware A-Team summarizes lifecycle topics related to key phases of Oracle Fusion Applications implementation and maintenance, highlighting existing options, tools and documentation. The purpose is to provide a clear and concise overview along with pointers that guide you to detailed next steps.
- Analyzing How MDM and MAM Stack Up Against Your Mobile Security Requirements | Matt Flynn
"As the mobile access landscape changes and organizations continue to lose more and more control over how and where information is used, there is also a seismic shift taking place in the underlying mobile security models, " says Matt Flynn. He explores some of those models in this post.
- Managed Bean changes should mark their ADF Scope dirty in a HA cluster | Wilfred van der Deijl
Are you developing ADF applications that will run on a high-availability WebLogic cluster? If so, you'll want to read Oracle ACE Director Wilfred van der Deijl's latest post.
- Top 20 Training on Demand Courses | Oracle University
Here's a Top 10 list that will actually make you a lot smarter and increase your skill level with Oracle technologies. Can you say, "brain enhancement?"
- OIM Clustering: Keeping separate environments separate | Simon Kissane
For testing and development purposes, it is common to have multiple distinct OIM environments co-existing on the same subnet. In that scenario, it is essential that the distinct environments utilize separate multicast addresses, so that they do not talk to each other. How-to from solution architect Simon Kissane.
- How Fusion Applications implement Asynchronous Web Services | Jian Liang
This post, part of a series by Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Jian Liang, focuses on the concepts and mechanisms implemented in Fusion Applications for supporting asynchronous web services.
- Podcast: Big Data Architecture - Part 3
There's big, and then there's BIG! Oracle ACE Director and Hadoop expert Gwen Shapira joins Oracle Big Data Handbook authors Brian MacDonald, Bruce Nelson, and Thomas Plunkett to discuss the challenges of keeping up with coming data explosion.
- How to Manage Single-use Accounts and Multiple Scripts When Testing WebCenter with OATS | Mark Meyer
This post by Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Mark Meyer continues his his look at testing WebCenter with OATS with this post on "the additional complexity of multiple scripts that each do a part of the overall test case, with each script using the results of the previous step."
- MDS Seeded Customization Approach with Empty External Project | Andrejus Baranovskis
Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis explains how to "create and keep all MDS Seeded customisation files in empty external application" in a few easy steps.
- Integrating ADFS 2.0 with OIF: Pre-Requisites | Damien Carru
In this article, the first in a 3-part series, Damien Carru describes how to integrate OIF (188.8.131.52.0 or later) with ADFS 2.0 for Federation SSO using the SAML 2.0 protocol.
- The ArchBeat Blog has moved!
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 23-29, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 22-28, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Posts - February 19-25, 2016.
- At-a-Glance Guide to the OTN Virtual Technology Summit
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 17-22, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 15-21, 2016
- Facebook Friday: Top Ten Tech Posts - February 12-18, 2016
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - February 9-15, 2016
- 2 Minute Tech Tips Videos - Weekly Top 10 - February 8-14, 2016