Friday May 01, 2015
Friday Mar 06, 2015
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 06, 2015
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page over the last seven days, February 27 - March 5, 2015.
- OTN VTS: 25 Sessions Now Available On-Demand
A Staggering Screen Experience! All 25 technical sessions from the recent OTN Virtual Technology Summit are now available for on-demand replay. If you are already registered, just use your event credentials. If you have not registered, just sign up! It's free.
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - Feb 20-26, 2015
Drop in for a visit on this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page. This week's list includes links to content covering Oracle Developer Cloud Service, ADF, API Manager, Big Data, Cloud, Hadoop, JDeveloper, and more.
- JRE 1.8.0_40 Certified with Oracle E-Business Suite | Steven Chan
Java Runtime Environment 1.8.0_40 (a.k.a. JRE 8u40-b25) and later updates on the JRE 8 codeline are now certified with Oracle E-Business Suite Release 11i, 12.1, and 12.2 for Windows desktop clients. Want more information? Read Steven Chan's detailed post.
- New eBook: Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture
Want a free copy of the Oracle Press eBook, Establishing a Mobile Security Architecture? Click for details.
- New Book: "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" by Martin Heinzl
Congratulations to Martin Heinzl on the publication of his latest book, "WebLogic Diagnostic Framework" (2015, Rampant Tech Press). I'm working on scheduling a 2 Minute Tech Tip video with Martin.
- Oracle MAF 2.1 Now in Eclipse, Too | Shay Shmeltzer
This new version of OEPE is based on the latest Eclipse Luna SR2, and adds support for the full set of MAF 2.1 features including support for Java 8 compact profile 2, the new Xcode and Android SDKs, and Cordova 3 plugin integration.
- Compose end to end tracing, logging and monitoring with ECID set from WebLogic in Database (exposed in V$SESSION) | Lucas Jellema
Oracle ACE Director Lucas Jellema's article describes how the Execution Context ID (ECID) is also passed from WebLogic to the Oracle Database – exposed in the database through the V$SESSION view, in trace files and in the Active Session History (ASH – part of the Oracle Database Diagnostics Pack).
- Performance Study – REST vs SOAP for Mobile Applications | Steven Davelaar
This article by solution architect Steven Davelaar discusses the results of a test conducted by Oracle’s A-Team to compare the performance of REST-JSON, REST-XML and SOAP service calls in the Oracle Mobile Application Framework.
- Introducing Oracle Big Data Discovery Part 2: Data Transformation, Wrangling and Exploration | Mark Rittman
How does Big Data Discovery work, and what role does it play in the overall big data project workflow? Part two in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's series answers those questions.
- Podcast: API Management Roundtable
The topic of API Management is getting hotter by the minute. In this four-part OTN ArchBeat Podcast four experts discuss what’s behind the increased interest, and offer some suggestions on how you can make API Management… well, manageable. http://ora.cl/v2t
Friday Oct 31, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Oct 31, 2014
This man, one of 5,717 people following the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page, became so engrossed in the articles, videos, and podcasts regularly featured there that he forgot to finish shaving.
Here is this week's list of the Top 10 most popular items on that page, October 24-30, 2014.
- Creating Domains with WLST | Martin Heinz
This sample chapter from Advanced WebLogic Server Automation: Administration and Monitoring with WLST and JMX, by Martin HeinzlThe chapter starts with the minimal domain, then expands into a "comprehensive but flexible example of how to create a domain with a number of important features."
- MFT – Setting up SFTP Transfers using Key-based Authentication | Shub Lahiri
A step-by-step technical how-to from Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Shub Lahiri.
- Oracle Identity Manager: Implementing Additional Request Information | Nitin Patel
Nitin Patel's article offers detailed step-by-step technical instructions for implementing the Additional Request Information feature in Oracle Identity Manager.
- Creating a Mobile-Optimized REST API Using Oracle Service Bus – Part 3 | Steven Davelaar
Fusion Middleware solution architect Steven Davelaar continues his series with a look at how to implement the
expandDetailsquery parameter in the
/departments GETresource covered in Part 1 and how to implement the POST and PUT methods to create and update a department.
- Network File System (NFS) Considerations for Fusion Applications | Roland Koenn
Network File System (NFS) is used with the majority of Fusion Applications deployments to satisfy the requirement for shared storage. But using NFS correctly can present a challenge, typically because of incorrect settings. Solution architect Roland Koenn's article provides a baseline for most environments that can be a basis for a review of the current or planned settings.
- 3 Questions on Microservices: An OTN Community Discussion
Your responses to three questions on microservices could be quoted in an upcoming article in Oracle Magazine. Click the link to share your insight
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the week - Oct 17-23, 2014
Are there androids among the 5,578 fans of the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page? We may never know. But those fans made these posts the Top 10 most popular for the past seven days (October 17-23, 2014). Topics covered include #jdeveloper #microservices #oam #obiee #webcenter.
- Submitting an ESS Job Request from BPEL in SOA 12c | David Xu
This article by David XU shows you how to use the new “Schedule Job”, in JDeveloper to submit an ESS job request from a BPEL process.
- Top 5 Archbeat Blog Posts - Sept 30 to Oct 29
The answer to the question, "What were the most popular posts on the OTN ArchBeat Blog for the last 30 days?" is right here. Topics covered include ADF, Essbase, Fusion Middleware, Oracle 12c, and WebCenter.
- Oracle VM 3.3 and Oracle Virtual Networking | Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar
Authors Daniel Ritzman and Satinder Nijjar outline the steps for Oracle VM Server configuration, Fabric Manager Configuration, and Oracle VM configuration needed to provision virtual network interface cards (vNICs) onto Oracle VM Server.
Friday Jun 13, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 13, 2014
The Top 10 most popular updates from the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page from the last seven days.
- Logging in OIM custom code | Daniel Gralewski
Daniel Gralewski, a principal solution architect with Oracle, shows you how to leverage the Oracle Fusion Middleware infrastructure in which OIM runs in order to create proper logging information from custom code.
- Video: Things to Keep In Memory About Oracle Database In-Memory | Tom Kyte
What do you know about Oracle Database In-Memory? Tom Kyte recaps his Great Lakes Oracle Conference keynote with four key points to keep in your own memory.
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross
A-Team solution architect Eric Gross analyzes and solves a customer-reported problem with Message Driven Bean (MDB) concurrency in WebLogic Server.
- Video: Mobile App Development with Oracle ADF Mobile | Shay Shmeltzer
Oracle Development Tools Director of Product Management Shay Shmeltzer talks about mobile application development and Oracle ADF, the core subjects of his presentations as part of the ADF and Fusion Development track at ODTUG KScope, June 22-26, 2014 in Seattle, WA.
- Twitter Tuesday - Top 10 @ArchBeat Tweets - June 3-9, 2014
Among the 2,872 people who follow @OTNArchBeat on Twitter, these 10 tweets were the most popular for the week of June 3-9, 2014. Topics covered include: #em12c #kscope14 #exalogic #javaee #weblogic
- Exalogic Virtual Tea Break Snippets – Create Assets Evolution | Andrew Hopkinson
Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson.
- Enterprise Manager Cloud Control 12c Release 4 (12cR4) Articles | Tim Hall
Always busy Oracle ACE Director Tim Hall has written two article recent articles that offer his insight into OEM12R4.
- Podcast: Developing Enterprise Mobile Apps - Parts 1-4 Now Available
The complete, four-part OTN ArchBeat podcast on developing mobile applications for the enterprise is now available. This panel discussion features Oracle development tools experts Chris Muir, Steven Davelaar, Frank Nimphius, and Oracle ACE Luc Bors. Listen!
- Common usecases and techniques when integrating a 3rd party application with Oracle Sales Cloud | Angelo Santagata
Architect and middleware expert Angelo Santagata shares examples of four common use-cases he has seen that illustrate how how partners are embedding their applications into Sales Cloud.
- End-to-End ODI12c ETL on Oracle Big Data Appliance Pt.1 : Flume to Initial Hive Table | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's post focuses on a virtualized example of an Oracle Big Data Appliance using the Oracle Big Data 3.0 software set to explain how to create an example ETL flow through the system showing how ODI could be used to initiate and control the process.NOTE: Mark is a featured presenter in the Middleware Track during the free OTN Virtual Technology Summit, July 9. Register now!)
Tuesday Jun 10, 2014
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jun 10, 2014
The Top 10 tweets from @OTNArchBeat for the last seven days.
- RT @DBAKevlar: #EM12c rel4 is out! Woohoo!!
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:36 AM
- Top 10 Arch Community Articles for May 2014 >> props to @markrittman @kevin_mcginley @porushh et al
Jun 4, 2014 at 12:52 PM
- Architecture of Analytics: @markrittman @kevin_mcginley >> Free OTN Virtual Tech Summit - July 9
Jun 4, 2014 at 09:13 AM
- My Top 10 Tweets - May 27 - June 2 #ADF #Essbase #FusionApps #Goldengate #Kscope14 #WebLogic.
Jun 3, 2014 at 10:27 AM
- Starting and Stopping a #JavaEE Environment when using Oracle #WebLogic | Rene van Wijk #oracleace
Jun 5, 2014 at 11:00 AM
- Video: #KScope14 Preview: @DebraLilley never stops moving, never stops learning.
Jun 3, 2014 at 11:19 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @oraclebase
Jun 9, 2014 at 01:47 PM
- Where did my MDB concurrency go? | Eric Gross #weblogic
Jun 9, 2014 at 08:48 AM
- Exalogic Tech tips and code samples from A-Team architect Andrew Hopkinson
Jun 6, 2014 at 11:47 AM
- The OTNArchBeat Daily is out! Stories via @KentGraziano @DBAKevlar @dbasolved
Jun 3, 2014 at 01:48 PM
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 22-28, 2015
- Top Ten 2 Minute Tech Tips by KScope 2015 Speakers
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 19-25, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 10-16, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 12-18, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 8-14, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - May 5-11, 2015
- Facebook Friday: Top 10 ArchBeat Posts for the Week - May 1-7, 2015
- Twitter Tuesday: Top 10 Tweets - April 28-may 4, 2015
- Top 10 Tech Videos for April 2015