By OTN ArchBeat on Sep 10, 2012
The Top 10 items shared on the OTN Facebook Page for the week of September 2-8, 2012.
- Adding a runtime LOV for a taskflow parameter in WebCenter | Yannick Ongena
Oracle ACE Yannick Ongena illustrates how to customize the parameters tab for a taskflow in WebCenter.
- Tips on Migrating from AquaLogic .NET Accelerator to WebCenter WSRP Producer for .NET | Scott Nelson
"It has been a very winding path and this blog entry is intended to share both the lessons learned and relevant approaches that led to those learnings," says Scott Nelson. "Like most journeys of discovery, it was not a direct path, and there are notes to let you know when it is practical to skip a section if you are in a hurry to get from here to there."
- Free Event: Oracle Technology Network Architect Day – Boston, MA – 9/12/2012
Sure, you could ask a voodoo priestess for help in improving your solution architecture skills. But there's the whole snake thing, and the zombie thing, and other complications. So why not keep it simple and register for Oracle Technology Network Architect Day in Boston, MA. There's no magic, just a full day of technical sessions covering Cloud, SOA, Engineered Systems, and more. Registration is free, but seating is limited. You'll curse yourself if you miss this one.
- Starting and Stopping Fusion Applications the Right Way | Ronaldo Viscuso
While the fastartstop tool that ships with Oracle Fusion Applications does most of the work to start/stop/bounce the Fusion Apps environment, it does not do it all. Oracle Fusion Applications A-Team blogger Ronaldo Viscuso's post "aims to explain all tasks involved in starting and stopping a Fusion Apps environment completely."
- Article Index: Architect Community Column in Oracle Magazine
Did you know that Oracle Magazine features a regular column devoted specifically to the architect community? Every issue includes insight and expertise from architects who regularly work with Oracle Technologies. Click here to see a complete list of these articles.
- Using FMAP and AnalyticsRes in a Oracle BI High Availability Implementation | Art of Business Intelligence
"The fmap syntax has been used for a long time in Oracle BI / Siebel Analytics when referencing images inherent in the application as well as custom images," says Oracle ACE Christian Screen. "This syntax is used on Analysis requests an dashboards."
- Dodeca Customer Feedback - The Rosewood Company | Tim Tow
Oracle ACE Director Tim Tow shares anecdotal comments from one of his clients, a company that is deploying Dodeca to replace an aging VBA/Essbase application.
- Configuring UCM cache to check for external Content Server changes | Martin Deh
Oracle WebCenter and ADF A-Team blogger shares the background information and the solution to a recently encountered customer scenario.
- Attend OTN Architect Day in Los Angeles – by Architects, for Architects – October 25
The OTN Architect Day roadshow stops in Boston next week, then it's on to Los Angeles for another all architecture, all day event on Thursday October 25, 2012 at the Sofitel Los Angeles, 555 Beverly Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90048. Like all Architect Day events, this one is absolutley free, so register now.
- The Role of Oracle VM Server for SPARC In a Virtualization Strategy
New OTN article from Matthias Pfutzner.
Thought for the Day
"Practicing architects, through eduction, experience and examples, accumulate a considerable body of contextual sense by the time they're entrusted with solving a system-level problem…"
— Eberhardt Rechtin
(January 16, 1926 – April 14, 2006)