You're it: Blog Tagging Migrating BEA Bloggers
By OTN ArchBeat on Aug 01, 2008
Given the migration of a sizable herd of BEA Dev2Dev/Arch2Arch bloggers, I thought I'd reuse (that is, steal) an idea from Jake over at AppsLab and set up a game of blog tag as way to introduce those bloggers to the OTN community.
Here's how Jake explained his version back in January:
[T]he construct is simple, I will throw out eight things you might not know about me, then tag eight other bloggers. They will blog eight not-so-obvious things about themselves, then each tag eight more as yet un-tagged bloggers, and so on until we get bored.
My version will be just a bit easier. I'm going to reveal five things you probably don't know about me, and then tag five former BEA bloggers, who must then do the same or risk bad karma.
Five things you might not know about me:
- In 1971 I hitchhiked from Cleveland, Ohio to Macon, Georgia with my buddy Steve so he could visit his girlfriend. We encountered not a single psychopath or serial killer in the entire 800-mile journey.
- In 1973 I earned a yellow belt in Taekwondo by a) performing a kata, b) getting kicked in the ribs, and c) not paying my sensei with a rubber check. The belt is now somewhere in my sock drawer.
- From 1974 though 1978 I worked as a big-rig trucker for a moving company.
- I spent sixteen years working in a fiddle factory, doing what's called "shop adjustment" and spraying lacquer finishes on cellos.
- I play guitar, mandolin, and steel guitar in a band called, for obvious reasons, The Elderly Brothers.
That's enough about me. Now it's time to tag my five victims: