Today's Links (8/8/2011)
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 08, 2011
- Webcast: Get Proactive with DBA Task Automation
Aug 16. 10am PT / 1pm ET. Speakers: Jagan Athreya, Scott McNeil.
- Are you getting the most out of your Exadata performance? Part 1 | Tanel Poder
"In almost all of the Exadata migration projects I've been part of, the client sees immediate speedup and performance increase," says Poder.
- Free-range Bay Area IT Architects in their natural habitat - OTN Architect Day - Redwood Shores, CA - Aug 30
Bringing together architects from a broad range of disciplines and domains to share insights and expertise in the use of Oracle technologies. And feeding them, too.
- Entitlements servers, SOA foot-draggers, and communing with architects
This week in the Oracle Technology Network Architect Center.
- Oracle at the DISA Customer Conference | Jim Laurent
Oracle will be attending as usual this year and can be found at booth #1320.
- Big data is not a voluntary move, it’s happening to you NOW | Andy Mulholland
Big data, says Mulholland, is "an environmental shift that is taking place all around us by virtue of the shift in what people are doing online..."
- Interview with Greg Bollella, Chief Architect, Embedded Java | Janice Heiss
Greg Bollella has been a leader in the Embedded Java and real-time Java space since Java first moved into the embedded space.
- BPMN standard User task explained in Oracle BPMSuite | Jaime Conejo Verheijden
Verheijden explains the differences between "the standard BPMN 2.0 and the ones that are available in Oracle’s BPMSuite."
- Scaling Web Databases, Part 3: SQL & NoSQL Data Access | Mat Keep
Keep's post focuses on "on scaling access methods to your data using SQL and/or NoSQL interfaces."
- Big Data: In-Memory MapReduce | Jean-Pierre Dijcks
Dijcks discusses "parallel analytics and how we can bring in-memory – or real-time – to very large data volumes."
- Securing Weblogic Web servcies with OWSM Policies | Jiandong Guo
Jiandong Guo shares a simple example of an OWSM policy.
- Fusion Applications: Installing Oracle Identity Management Components | Hakan Biroglu
A brief illustrated guide.