Today's Links (8/31/2011)
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 31, 2011
- The Permanence (or Not) of Software Architecture | Christine Miyachi
"What in a building or software architecture project actually lasts or does not change?" asks Christine Miyachi
- Post Rationalization is an Innovator's Best Friend | Adam Richardson
The logical, deductive approach to problem solving that we are all taught is not always the best for trying to create breakthrough ideas.
- InfoQ: Agile and Architecture Conflict | Vikas Hazrati
There is a constant tussle between following Agile techniques and still managing to do enterprise architecture.
- IT Architecture, Complex Systems, and Gardening
"Maybe the bad rap IT architecture and IT architects get in some circles is the result of use of the term architecture to describe something that has little connection to the process of designing physical structures."
- The World Is More Complex than It Used to Be | Rita McGrath - Harvard Business Review
"Today's decision makers face environments in which things that were isolated from one another just 30 years ago are bumping up against each other..."
- Webcast: ROI Case Study - Growing Revenue with Oracle Real-Time Decisions
Wednesday, September 14, 2011, 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET. Guest Speaker: Jonathan Lipsitz, Forrester Research, Inc.