Today's Links (8/22/2011)
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 22, 2011
- Live, in-person event: Oracle Virtualization Launch: Application-Driven Virtualization - Aug 23 - Redwood Shores, CA
Tuesday, August 23, 2011. 10:00 AM – 12:30 PM PT at Oracle HQ, Redwood Shores, CA. Registration is free.
- Getting Schooled | Oracle Magazine Architect Community Column
Education, training, and experience are stepping stones to a career as a software architect. Three community members share their stories.
- Improving Testing Outcomes Through Software Architecture | Paul Clements - SEI Blog
Clements "summarizes a method that improves testing outcomes (including efficacy and cost)."
- Quantum entanglement could mean completely secure data transfer | Engadget
Researchers at the University of Copenhagen's Niels Bohr Institute build on Einstein's idea of "spooky action at a distance."
- More Stanford Computing Courses Go Free | Slashdot
Free Stanford Computer Science courses, on Machine Learning and Database, are now available online.
- Mastering Architecture: What Happpened to the Designers? | Mike van Alst
"These days," says Oracle ACE Director Mike van Alst, "everybody is an architect."
- WebLogic Experts – become an certified Specialist – free voucher! | Juergen Kress
Juergen Kress with information on a free voucher worth $195 toward the Oracle Application Grid Certified Implementation Specialist assessment.
- Tired of Getters and Setters? Lombok them! | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele discusses the "little helper" that has made his life easier.
"Any framework you select today should not just solve your technical issues, but should preferable still be around in ten years," says Koelewijn.
- JavaOne Schedule Builder
Make the most of your time while at JavaOne 2011 in San Francisco, Oct 2-6, 2011.