Today's Links (8/18/2011)
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Aug 18, 2011
- Is REST the future for SOA? | Boris Lublinsky
Boris Lublinsky discusses architectural difference between SOA and REST as well as using REST in SOA implementations.
- Understanding Cloud Computing Vulnerabilities | Bernd Grobauer, Tobias Walloschek, Elmar Stöcker
In this IEEE article, authors Grobauer, Walloschek and Stöcker discuss cloud computing security and cloud-specific vulnerabilities.
- 5 Minutes or Less: On SAML Audiences, Entities and Issuers | Andre Correa
A concise how-to from a member of the Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team.
- The Technium: Your Two Things | Kevin Kelly
Kelly asks: "In ten years from now, how many gadgets will people carry?"
- On holiday? What are you using to read this? | Andy Mulholland - CTO Blog
"Mobility is increasingly nothing more or less than a fact of life, and yet we are still struggling to understand what it means to many enterprises."
- OSB using BLOB data with DBAdapter results in ora-2049 | Marc Kelderman
"Blob data should be processed as a stream in OSB. This can easily be done," says Kelderman.
- Working with Money in Java | Markus Eisele
Oracle ACE Director Markus Eisele shares his experience dealing with rounding problems in Java.
- Fusion Applications: Creating the WebLogic Server Domain for Identity Management | Hakan Biroglu
Biroglu creates "the Oracle WebLogic Server Administration Console and Oracle Enterprise Manager Fusion Middleware Control."
- Enterprise architects break out of the box | Alex Cullen - InfoWorld
Once regarded as IT-focused, enterprise architects are becoming integral to business strategy. (h/t to @ericstephens)