Today's Links (8/17/2011)
By OTN ArchBeat on Aug 17, 2011
- Amazon Builds a Wall Around Its Cloud for the U.S. Government | ReadWriteCloud
"According to a cloud computing strategy report last February by U.S. Chief Information Officer Vivek Kundra, government information systems today may be using less than 30% of their available server capacity. And while trying to take inventory of the various information assets that may be under-utilized, Kundra and government researchers are discovering that agencies presently lack the tools to make any kind of thorough inventory of what assets they already have."
- Building a Customer-Centric Systems Architecture | Brenda Somich
Somich briefly discusses the tranformation from "product-oriented systems architecture to ones more focused on the customer."
- Private cloud case study; Thomas Erl and Anne Thomas Manes wrap-up; architect invasion at Oracle HQ
The week in the Oracle Technology Network Architect Center.
- What or Who's Driving Architecture? | Mike van Alst
"When architecture is initiated by IT management, your work is a lot harder," says Oracle ACE Director Miik van Alst.
- Steps to use OBIEE JSR168 Portlets in WebLogic Portal | Scott Nelson
Scott Nelson's "illustrated, step-by-step instructions."