Today's Links (7/28/2011)
By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 28, 2011
- IT jobs: Winners and losers in the cloud era | Kevin Fogarty - InfoWorld
Architects and sys admins win, middle managers and tech specialists lose.
- InfoQ: Cloud Computing Realigns Role of Service Oriented Architecture | JP Morgenthal
SOA has been a source of dissension among enterprise, solution and application architects. Now cloud computing is changing the conversation.
- The Abstract Software Architect: Why Software Architecture Fails | Christine Miyachi
"Neglect, abandonment, and replacement [can] dismantle software architectures," says Christine Miyachi. "It is often economically more feasible to demolish what is there and recreate something new."
- The History of Programming Languages [Infographic]
Rackspace recently published a nice infographic on the evolution of programming languages. It starts with FORTRAN and COBOL and runs through Ruby on Rails.
- Transforming IT: Three New Rules to Turn the Tide | ReadWriteCloud
"IT is under siege. The cloud, in all its incarnations, is reshaping the way IT thinks about delivering services to the business," says Sunny Gupta.
- Podcast: Thomas Erl and Anne Thomas Manes on SOA Governance
Erl and Manes talk about the state of SOA, and about their new book SOA Governance: Governing Shared Services on Premise and in the Cloud.
- Vince Casarez's Exalogic/Exadata Traffic Analogy | YouTube
Keste technology SVP Vince Casarez explains optimizations in Exalogic and Exadata using an auto traffic analogy.