Today's Links (7/25/2011)
By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 25, 2011
- Oracle x86 Infrastructure - The Optimized Stack: Reducing Total Cost of Ownership through Vertical Integration
An Edison Group white paper.
- Improving Data Quality through Anomaly Detection | Mark Kasunic - SEI Blog
"The problem with poor data quality is that it leads to poor decisions," says Kasunic.
- Why Being Certain Means Being Wrong | Ted Cadsby - Harvard Business Review
"A mind that is 'fertilized' by the first satisfying interpretation is closed to the more subtle and complicated explanations that are often better," says Cadsby.
- Business and technical services orchestration v system integration | Andy Mulholland
"The hangover of the failure of SOA to make any real difference is affecting the approach to using services today," says Mulholland.
- Who Manages the Exadata Machine? | Arup Nanda
Nanda argues for "creating a single role to manage the Exadata system instead of multiple groups managing individual parts."
- The Business Case For Entitlements Server | Naresh Persaud Persaud summarizes "some of the data-points on how organizations rationalize the benefits of entitlements servers."
- Cleveland Give Camp - connecting tech talent with local non-profits
In one weekend, technology professionals work around the clock to tackle the wish lists of non-profits to create web and software solutions.
- Are You Kidding Me? 163 Oracle ACE Sessions at Oracle OpenWorld | Oracle Technology Network Blog And architects are well represented among the list of presenters...
- The Oracle Solaris Webcast Series - Links and info on 3 upcoming webcasts
Links and information on three upcoming webcasts focussing on Oracle Solaris.
- Tour de France – Analysis using ADF DVT Graphs | Lucas Jellema
Oracle Ace Director Lucas Jellema demonstrates the analysis of Tour de France data using Oracle ADF DVT components for data visualization.
- Free Computer Science Ebooks and Resources - A Link Collection
An excellent resource with a great list of free ebooks. Architects take note of categories covering Design Patterns, Software Engineering, and Theory.
- The Art of Engineering and the Engineering of Art | Matthias Mueller-Prove
Matthias Mueller-Prove shares a link to a video featuring Internet pioneer Ivan Sutherland.
- Coherence in Insurance, Professionalism in Architecture, and Learning in your Pajamas
What's new this week in the Oracle Technology Network Architect Center.