Today's Links (7/11/2011)
By OTN ArchBeat on Jul 11, 2011
- Manufacturing: An Introduction: JDE - VCP Integration | Oracle E-Business Suite Communities Blog
July 27, 8am PT / 11 am ET. This one-hour session is recommended for technical and functional users who would be willing to use and Integrate JDE with Oracle VCP Products.
- How to work with Technical People | Orthogonal 3
Developers are many things, but most importantly they a problem solvers.
- SaaS integration - making the ERP mistakes on a bigger scale | Steve Jones
Jones says: "One of the most frustrating things in IT is the totally amazing ability of people not to learn from past experiences."
- What Is Extensible Attribute Architecture? | Sanjit Anand
"Extensibility framework and features basically comes from Oracle Product Lifecycle Management (PLM), " says Anand.
- KScope 11 Awesomesauce | ORACLENERD
Oracle ACE Chet Justice recaps KScope 11 and offers an ORACLENERD tip of the hat to Oracle ACE Director Lonneke Dikmans.
- Webcast: A Comparison of Application Performance Management Suites from CA, HP, and Oracle - July 12 - 9am PT / 12pm ET
Speakers: Kirk Bangstad, Project Manager, Crimson Consulting, and Rajiv Taori, Senior Director, Product Marketing, Oracle.
- InfoQ: Mary Shaw and Dave Garlan have been honored for pioneering Research in Software Architecture
Both computer scientists have pioneered the work on Software Architecture at the SEI of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh.
- Innovations and Integrations: Applying Trendy Technologies to NASA Mission Operations Planning | Mark Powell
Mark Powell presents examples of how NASA uses innovative technologies in missions such as Mars Exploration Rovers, the Cassini Saturn Orbiter, the Phoenix Mars Lander as well as new technology projects including the JPL Aerobot and the ATHLETE prototype lunar robotic vehicle.
- Latest OTN member discount codes for books and other goodies
OTN members, get the latest discount codes for books from Oracle Press, Manning, Packt, Pearson, Apress, and O'Reilly.
- OIPA: Leveraging Oracle Coherence for Distributed Execution of High Volume Transactions | Paul Cleary
New white paper by Paul Cleary, with help from contributing authors Reza Shafii and Christer Fahlgren.