By OTN ArchBeat on May 16, 2011
- Cindy McMullen: Using the CMIS Provider to integrate WebCenter Content
Several examples from Cindy McMullen.
- Eric Stephens: Enterprise Climatologist?
"[Enterprise Architects] need to be strategic in their thinking and help clients shape their future, not solely react to enterprise events." - Eric Stephens
- For Oracle every revolution is an evolution - CIOL Interviews Thomas Kurian
Thomas Kurian, executive vice president of Oracle Product Development, shares the story of Oracle's successful journey.
- Jonathan Reichental : The future of technology and its impact on work - O'Reilly Radar
In this presentation, O'Reilly CIO Jonathan Reichental discusses a range of future technology trends and what it will mean for work and the workforce.
- Irem Radzik: Data-Driven Decision Making Enables Increased Productivity
Radzik reports on a recent study of 179 large companies that concludes that organizations that employ data driven decision making achieve 5-6 percent increase in output and productivity.
- Java Gets Cloudy (Dr Cloud's Flying Software Circus)
"So, how do you actually build cloud applications?" asks Dr. Cloud. "And what programming languages and APIs should developers use to build them?"
- Kellsey Ruppel: Connecting individuals inside and outside a company to accelerate product innovation
"Social Networking can strongly support products development and a social portal is a great way to empower knowledge workers to manage the complexity of product design, manufacturing and delivery," says Ruppel.
- Manoj Das: Social BPM Handbook 2011 (Oracle BPM)
"Social BPM will not only change process modeling and collaborative process work," says Das, "it will also expand the reach of BPM to new types of processes," and "could possibly change the very nature of social communications."
- Jim Hietala: Open Group updates Enterprise Security Architecture, guidance and reference architecture
"The Security Forum has several ongoing projects in this area, including our TOGAF and SABSA integration project, which will produce much needed guidance on how to use these frameworks together." - Jim Hietala, The Open Group.
- Mark Kelderman: OSB/SOA: Performance Improvement with DBAdapter and Toplink
"After struggeling with performance issues on the production environment, we fixed a major performance and stability improvement on our OSB environment," says Kelderman. "This solution is also valid for the SOA Suite."
- Jay Zuckert: Is Your Current HR Service Delivery Model Working for You? (PeopleSoft Apps Strategy)
Jay Zuckert offers a list of symptoms of a broken HR service delivery model.
- Reminder - JavaOne Call for Papers ends May 23rd (The Aquarium)
Ladies and gentlemen, start your keyboards...
- Dr. Frank Munz: Middleware and Cloud Computing now available on Kindle
"After a couple of fun days playing with (mostly disastrous) tools, converters and the Kindle itself I published the first Kindle edition of Middleware and Cloud Computing," reports Munz.