Podcast: What's Really Going to Matter in 2013?
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 08, 2013
At the turn of the new year one is exposed to predictions by analysts and industry journalists about the IT topics and trends that will dominate in the year ahead. That coverage has it's place, but does it reflect what's happening in the real world, among real architects? Enterprise IT is surely changing, but what trends or factors will have the greatest impact where the rubber meets the road? This program brings together a panel of working IT professionals to talk about the trends and technologies will most affect what they do in 2013.
- Oracle ACE Director Ron Batra is product director for cloud computing at AT&T. Ron is based in Austin, Texas.
- Oracle ACE Director Alex Gorbachev is Chief Technical Officer at The Pythian Group. Alex is based in Ottawa, Canada.
- Brian Jimerson is Chief Architect at Avantia, Inc, a strategic solutions firm. Brian is based in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Listen to Part 1: What's Hot? The panelists share their insight into the trends and technologies that will have the greatest impact on their work in 2013.
- Listen to Part 2: What's Not? The panel discusses the trends, technologies, and other aspects of enterprise IT that will lose steam in 2013.
- Listen to Part 3: Where Do We Go From Here? The panel discusses how the trends that are driving the evolution of enterprise IT are profoundly reshaping the IT architecture profession.
This conversation was recorded on January 17, 2013.Subscribe to the OTN ArchBeat Podcast