Podcast Show Notes: Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds
By OTN ArchBeat on Jun 07, 2012
This week the OTN ArchBeat Podcast begins a four-part series featuring a panel of some of Oracle's top cloud experts in a conversation about the similarities and differences between, public, private, and hybrid clouds.
|Dr. James Baty
Vice President of Oracle’s Global Enterprise Architecture Program, and a frequent speaker at OTN Architect Days and other events.
|Mark T. Nelson
Lead architect for Oracle Cloud, responsible for designing the infrastructure for Oracle's public Software as a Service and Platform as a Service offerings.
Vice President of Oracle’s On Demand Platform.
Architect for Oracle’s Middleware/Applications Management and Cloud Computing.
|For those who prefer eyes over ears, a transcript of the entire conversation is available as an OTN article. See Discussion: Public, Private, and Hybrid Clouds|
- Listen to Part 1: The panel offers an overview of the various flavors of cloud computing.
- Listen to Part 2: Cows in the cloud? The panel of experts explains, and discusses importance of standards.
- Listen to Part 3: Why cloud computing is a paradigm shift -- and why it isn’t.
- Listen to Part 4: Advice on what architects need to know to take advantage of the cloud.
Highlights from the Roundtable Discussion at OTN Architect Day in Reston, VA.[Unfortunately, the audio quality of the recording from this event turned out to be unacceptable for podcast use.]
- An expert panel discusses the role of the Cloud Architect.
Stay tuned: RSS