OTN ArchBeat Facebook Faves - April 14-20, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 22, 2013
Here's this week's collection of click magnets, the Top 10 most popular items shared via the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of April 14-20, 2013.
- How to manage your WebLogic Servers? | WebLogic Partner Community EMEA
A massive list of Oracle WebLogic resources, including Oracle Learning Library self-study courses and a whole bunch of YouTube video tutorials
- ADF Mobile and SDO: getting results | Blueberry Coder
This brief post from the "Blueberry Coder" explains how you can access the return value of the service call when making "web service calls to SDO view objects exposed through a service-enabled application module." ADF Mobile and SDO: getting results
- Oracle BPM Suite 11g Highlights | Oracle Learning Library
This video from the Oracle Learning Library showcases business-driven aspects of Oracle BPM Suite 11g. It demonstrates Modeling, Simulation, UI design, and Player capabilities that allow business users to design and run processes from web-based Process Composer.
- OBIEE, ODI and Hadoop Part 2: Connecting OBIEE 188.8.131.52 to Hadoop Data Sources | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman continues his series with a look at "how OBIEE 184.108.40.206 can now access Hadoop data sources through two related technologies; Hive, and MapReduce."
- It's Time to Honor the Techies!! Oracle Magazine Technologist of the Year Awards
Information on how you can submit nominations for this year's Oracle Magazine Technologist of the Year awards. Categories include: Big Data Architect, Cloud Architect, Developer, Enterprise Architect, Mobile Architect, and Social Architect.
- Architecting Service-Oriented Systems | Grace Lewis
"Rather than being viewed as an off-the-shelf product, SOA should be viewed as an architectural style or paradigm for designing systems," says SEI's Grace Lewis. "From this paradigm, an infinite number of configurations can be derived that either benefit or harm a system. "
- Video: Managing Tuxedo applications with TSAM Plus 12c and OEM Cloud Control 12c | Todd Little
Todd Little illustrates how the TSAM Plus 12c management tool for Tuxedo applications can be used for performance monitoring and diagnostics, for operations automation and for enforcing service level agreements for business services.
- Video Interview: WebCenter Expert JayJay Zheng
Solution architect and certified Oracle WebCenter specialist JayJay Zheng talks about his new OTN article and about his presentation at Collaborate 13.
- OBIEE, OEM12cR2 and the BI Management Pack Part 1: Introduction to OEM12cR2
The first post in a promised three-part series from Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman covering the BI Management Pack that is now part of the latest release of Enterprise Manager 12c Cloud Control.
- Cutting Edge versus Just Average? Your SOA, Got BPM? | Mala Ramakrishnan
Mala Ramakrishnan's concise post examines Business Process Management as a success factor in Service Oriented Architecture.
Thought for the Day
"The tools we use have a profound (and devious!) influence on our thinking habits, and, therefore, on our thinking abilities."
— Edsger Dijkstra
(May 11, 1930 – August 6, 2002)