Today's Links (5/23/2011)
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on May 23, 2011
- "Software engineer" among America’s 10 Least Stressful Jobs, says TIME
Has someone told the engineers?
- Steven Lott: Creating UML | Architects Zone
"I'm a big fan of plain-text tools," says Lott. "I'm not a big fan of proprietary file formats and document formats that are difficult or impossible to decode."
- Live Webcast: Helen Sun: Mastering Information Architecture
Event Date: Tuesday, May 24, 2011, 10 a.m. PT / 1 p.m. ET . Speaker: Helen Sun, Oracle Enterprise Architect.
- Tom Laszewski: Migrating integration to the cloud (Cloud Migrations)
"Why not run your integration architecture in the cloud?" asks Laszewski. "It is possible and called Integration-as-a-Service (IaaS)."
- Tom Laszewski: Hadoop, Oracle and cloud computing (Cloud Migrations)
"Will Hadoop displace the Oracle Database in cloud deployments?" asks Laszewski. "Probably not any time soon..."
- Pete Warden: Lessons of the Victorian data revolution - O'Reilly Radar
Examples from the Victorian era show that if we're going to improve the world with data, it's absolutely essential we stay grounded in reality.
- Ahmed Aboulnaga: Performance comparison of audit levels in SOA Suite 11g
SOA architect Ahmed Aboulnaga shares the results of multiple performance tests on various audit level settings in Oracle SOA Suite 11g.
- Eric Elzinga: Oracle Weblogic, resetting datasources
A handy tip from Oracle ACE Eric Elzinga.
- Grant Ronald: Free Oracle User Group Conference
This Scottish Oracle User Group event is free for the whole Oracle community. June 8th, in the Oracle (formerly Sun) office near Edinburgh.
- Andrejus Baranovskis: Oracle WebCenter 11g PS3 ADF Security Login Bean
An illustrated guide by Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis.
- James Bayer: Exalogic Disaster Recovery White Paper Published
James Bayer offers a preview and a plug for a new white paper by his colleague Bharath Reddy.