links for 2011-04-27
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Apr 27, 2011
- Webcast: Improving Strategic Sourcing & Supplier Management - May 10
Live webcast Tuesday, May 10, 2011, 9am PT/Noon ET, featuring Victor Alarcon (Senior Supply Chain Coordinator, Ameren) and Mark Peachey (Product Strategy Director, Oracle).
- Announcing the Flash Cache Query Tool for Oracle Exadata | The Pythian Blog
A public blog on subject matters of interest to DBAs, by The Pythian Group's remote DBA specialists in Oracle, SQL, and MySQL.
- Hacker Typer produces code from keybashing - Boing Boing
Now you can produce computer code just like in the movies!
- Silicon Valley Office Market Booms - WSJ.com
PROPERTY REPORT: Technology firms, from tiny start-ups to giants, are again racing to expand, sparking a turnaround in the Silicon Valley office market that seemed far off just a few months ago.
- Congratulations René van Wijk: Oracle ACE
René van Wijk has been publishing some great stuff on his blog, and this Oracle ACE designation is well-deserved.
- Todd Biske: EA and Portfolio Management
"Part of the reason [enterprise architecture] needs to be viewed as a business activity is to change the decision making process around how IT activities are defined," says Todd Biske.
- George Thomas: B2B routing messages to SOA Composite using Document Routing
A short tutorial from George Thomas.
- Merci, Toronto! (ArchBeat)
A big thank you to all who came out to check out the presentations and conversations at Oracle Technology Network Architect Day in Toronto on April 21.
- Coherence Incubator (Release 10) - Oracle Coherence Knowledge Base
The latest release in the collection of example projects demonstrating advanced uses of Oracle Coherence.
- Kellsey Ruppel: Oracle WebCenter: Developers
Kellsey Ruppel offers a look at new capabilities for Developers in Oracle WebCenter.
- Jeffrey West: WebLogic Integration (WLI), Web Services and SOAP and REST (Part 1)
"For the record: SOAP is not dead, and REST is not the answer," says West. "SOAP is not going away any time soon."
- DICE.com has 30% More Job Listings for WebLogic than JBoss (Jeffrey West's Blog)
A hot career tip from Jeff West.
- InfoQ: LinkedIn Search: Searching the Social Graph in Real Time
John Wang discusses LinkedIn real-time distributed search engine architecture and implementation details for People Search, Signal, Stream Indexing, Zoie, and Bobo.
- InfoQ: Software Engineer best rated Job in 2011
According to careertrack.com the best rated job in 2011 is Software Engineer, at least in the US. 200 professions across various industries, skill levels, and salaries have been surveyed to calculate the ranking which is determined by taking the work environment, physical demands, outlook, income and stress into account.