ArchBeat Top 10 for November 11-17, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 19, 2012
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of November 11-17, 2012.
- Developing and Enforcing a BYOD Policy
Darin Pendergraft's post includes links to a recent Mobile Access Policy Survey by SANS as well as registration information for a Nov 15 webcast featuring security expert Tony DeLaGrange from Secure Ideas, SANS instructor, attorney and technology law expert Ben Wright, and Oracle IDM product manager Lee Howarth.
- This Week on the OTN Architect Community Homepage
Make time to check out this week's features on the OTN Solution Architect Homepage, including:
- WLST Starting and Stopping a WebLogic Environment | Rene van Wijk
Oracle ACE Rene van Wijk explores how to start a server with as little input as possible.
- Cloud Integration White Paper | Bruce Tierney
Bruce Tierney shares an overview of Cloud Integration - A Comprehensive Solution, a new white paper he co-authored with David Baum, Rajesh Raheja, Bruce Tierney, and Vijay Pawar.
- X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Using OCSP protocol with Oracle WebLogic Server 12c | Abhijit Patil
Abhijit Patil's article focuses on how to use X.509 Certificate Revocation Checking Functionality with the OCSP protocol to validate in-bound certificates. Although this article focuses on inbound OCSP validation using OCSP, Oracle WebLogic Server 12c also supports outbound OCSP validation.
- Update on My OBIEE / Exalytics Books | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman shares several resources related to his books Oracle Business Intelligence 11g Developers Guide and Oracle Exalytics Revealed, including a podcast interview with Oracle's Paul Rodwick.
- E-Business Suite 12.1.3 Data Masking Certified with Enterprise Manager 12c | Elke Phelps
"You can use the Oracle Data Masking Pack with Oracle Enterprise Manager Grid Control 12c to scramble sensitive data in cloned E-Business Suite environments," reports Elke Phelps. There's a lot more information about this announcement in Elke's post.
- WebLogic Application Server: free for developers! | Bruno Borges
Java blogger Bruno Borges shares news about important changes in the license agreement for Oracle WebLogic Server.
- Agile Architecture | David Sprott
"There is ample evidence that Agile Architecture is a primary contributor to business agility, yet we do not have a well understood architecture management system that integrates with Agile methods," observes David Sprott in this extensive post.
- My iPad & This Cloud Thing | Floyd Teter
Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter explains why the Cloud is making it possible for him to use his iPad for tasks previously relegated to his laptop, and why this same scenario is likely to play out for a great many people.
Thought for the Day
"In programming, the hard part isn't solving problems, but deciding what problems to solve."