ArchBeat Link-o-Rama Top 10 for the week of December 30, 2012 to January 5, 2013
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Jan 07, 2013
Right on schedule (what schedule?), here are the Top 10 most popular items shared via the OTN ArchBeat Facebook page for the week of December 30, 2012 to January 5, 2013.
- Korea Electric Power Enables Simultaneous, Real-Time Data Collection and Analysis with High Performance, Next-Generation Data Processing
Though it's not deep on technical details, architects will appreciate this concise profile of the what, why, and how behind Korea Electric Power Corp's implementation of Oracle Exadata Database Machine and Oracle Business Intelligence Suite, Enterprise Edition to underpin its Substation Operating Results Management System (SOMAS).
- WLST change script to SOA Common, BPEL and BPMN Properties | Michel Schildmeijer
"I had to tune some performance related items in the SOA /BPM stack, called Dispatcher Thread Settings," says Michel Schildmeijer. "These threads are used for process flows, and the more threads you define the more threads can be handled simultaneously." Learn how in Michel's post.
- My ADF Sample Apps Live in Oracle Java Cloud | Andrejus Baranovskis
"With Oracle Java Cloud available for ADF PS5 deployments, I decided to deploy all my future ADF sample apps from the blog in Oracle Cloud," says Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis. "Blog readers will be able to test described functionality straight away and provide feedback without downloading and running on their machines"
- How to build a private IaaS cloud platform - Part I: Servers | Karoly Vegh
The first post in Karoly Vegh's series, "How to build a private IaaS cloud platform," focuses on evaluating server options and requirements for a general purpose consolidation platform.
- BPMN process editor problems in 184.108.40.206 (update) | Mark Nelson
No need for that aspirin! If you've contacted Oracle Support about a patch to correct issues with the layout in the 220.127.116.11 4release of BPMN process editor.only to be told no such patch exists, Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team member Mark Nelson has some welcome news and an link.
- Oracle Data Integrator 11g in the Enterprise Part 4: Build Automation and Devops using the ODI SDK | Mark Rittman
The latest installment in Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman's five-part series continues its examination of "some of the more enterprise-orientated features in Oracle Data Integrator 11g."
- E2.0 Workbench Podcast 11 – Siebel Self Service with Oracle Service Bus and WebCenter | John Brunswick
John Brunswick's latest E2.0 Workbench video podcast focuses on a sample scenario that leverages Oracle Service Bus (OSB) "to provide a layer of abstraction, mediation, transformation and monitoring on top of Siebel CRM and WebCenter Content, ultimately exposed to end customers via WebCenter Portal."
- Enkitec president Wade Nicholas talks with CRN about Engineered Systems
Recorded at Oracle OpenWorld 2012, Enkitec president Wade Nicolas talks with CRN TV about Oracle Engineered systems. Enkitec, based in Irving, Texas, is home to three members of the Oracle ACE community: Oracle ACE Andy Colvin and Oracle ACE Directors Tanel Põder and Kerry Osborne.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Warehousing and Analytics Summit (BIWA) Summit 2013 | Abhinav Agarwal
There's still time to register for the Oracle Business Intelligence Warehousing and Analytics Summit (BIWA) happening next week at the Sofitel Hotel in Redwood City, California. Speakers include Tom Kyte and Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman.
- Oracle Identity Manager 11g R2 UI Customization Tips and Tricks | Alex Lopez
Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Alex Lopez's article "presents a few techniques to implement customizations that go a little beyond the capabilities of Web Composer; but still are within the scope of OIM’s MDS. Each technique will be presented in the context of a use case addressed by the customization implemented using the given technique."
Thought for the Day
"There's an old story about the person who wished his computer were as easy to use as his telephone. That wish has come true, since I no longer know how to use my telephone."