ArchBeat Link-o-Rama Top 10 for November 2012
By OTN ArchBeat on Dec 03, 2012
Every day ArchBeat searches the web for content created by and for community members, and then shares that content via social media. Here's the list of the Top 10 most popular items posted on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for November 2012.
- One-Stop Shop for Oracle Webcasts
Webcasts can be a great way to get information about Oracle products without having to go cross-eyed reading yet another document off your computer screen. Oracle's new Webcast Center offers selectable filtering to make it easy to get to the information you want. Yes, you have to register to gain access, but that process is quick, and with over 200 webcasts to choose from you know you'll find useful content.
- OAM/OVD JVM Tuning
Vinay from the Oracle Fusion Middleware Architecture Group (otherwise known as the A-Team) shares a process for analyzing and improving performance in Oracle Virtual Directory and Oracle Access Manager.
- White Paper: Oracle Exalogic Elastic Cloud: Advanced I/O Virtualization Architecture for Consolidating High-Performance Workloads
This new white paper by Adam Hawley (with contributions from Yoav Eilat) describes in great detail the incorporation into Oracle Exalogic of virtualized InfiniBand I/O interconnects using Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) technology.
- Architected Systems: "If you don't develop an architecture, you will get one anyway..."
"Can you build a system without taking care of architecture?," asks Manuel Ricca. "You certainly can. But inevitably the system will be unbalanced, neglecting the interests of key stakeholders, and problems will soon emerge."
- Backup and Recovery of an Exalogic vServer via rsync
"On Exalogic a vServer will consist of a number of resources from the underlying machine," says the man known only as Donald. "These resources include compute power, networking and storage. In order to recover a vServer from a failure in the underlying rack all of these components have to be thoughts about. This article only discusses the backup and recovery strategies that apply to the storage system of a vServer."
- This Week on the OTN Architect Community Home Page
Make time to check out this week's features on the OTN Solution Architect Homepage, including:
- SOA Practitioner Guide: Identifying and Discovering Services
- Technical article by Yuli Vasiliev on Setting Up, Configuring, and Using an Oracle WebLogic Server Cluster
- Podcast: Are You Future Proof?
- Clustering ODI11g for High-Availability Part 1: Introduction and Architecture | Richard Yeardley
"JEE agents can be deployed alongside, or instead of, standalone agents," says Rittman Meade's Richard Yeardley. "But there is one key advantage in using JEE agents and WebLogic – when you deploy JEE agents as part of a WebLogic cluster they can be configured together to form a high availability cluster." Learn more in Yeardley's extensive post.
- OIM 11g : Multi-thread approach for writing custom scheduled job | Saravanan V S
Saravanan shares insight and expertise relevant to "designing and developing an OIM schedule job that uses multi threaded approach for updating data in OIM using APIs."
- How to Create Virtual Directory in Weblogic Server | Zeeshan Baig
Oracle ACE Zeeshan Baig shows you how in six easy steps.
- SOA Galore: New Books for Technical Eyes Only
Shake up up your technical skills with this trio of new technical books from community members covering SOA and BPM.
Thought for the Day
"Humans are the best value in computers -- where else can you get a non-linear computer weighing only about 160lbs, having a billion binary decision elements, that can be mass-produced by unskilled labour?"