ArchBeat Link-o-Rama Top 10 for October 28 - November 3, 2012
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Nov 05, 2012
The Top 10 most popular items shared on the OTN ArchBeat Facebook Page for the week of Oct 28 - Nov 3, 2012.
- Eventually, 90% of tech budgets will be outside IT departments | ZDNet
Another interesting post from ZDNet blogger Joe McKendrick about changing roles in IT.
- ADF Mobile - Login Functionality | Andrejus Baranovskis
"The new ADF Mobile approach with native deployment is cool when you want to access phone functionality (camera, email, sms and etc.), also when you want to build mobile applications with advanced UI," reports Oracle ACE Director Andrejus Baranovskis.
- Mobile Development Platform Strategy Chart: ADF Mobile, WebCenter Sites, Portal, Content and Social
"Unlike desktop web focused efforts, the world of mobile has undergone change at a feverish pace," says social enterprise expert John Brunswick. His extensive post charts various resources that will help you keep up.
- ADF Essentials - The Bare Necessities | Floyd Teter
The experiment is over… And now Oracle ACE Director Floyd Teter shares his impressions after spending some time with Oracle ADF Essentials, the free version of Oracle ADF.
- A review of Oracle SOA Suite 11g Administrator’s Handbook | RedStack
"More so than any other single piece of content that I have seen on the topic, it provides the information that a SOA administrator needs to know in order to successfully configure, manage, monitor, troubleshoot and backup an Oracle SOA environment." So says Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team solution architect Mark Nelson of Oracle SOA Suite 11g Administrator’s Handbook, by Ahmed Aboulnaga and Arun Pareek.
- Expanding the Oracle Enterprise Repository with functional documentation
Capgemini middleware specialist Marc Kuijpers shares information on how Oracle Enterprise Repository can be configured "to contain functional assets, i.e. functional designs, use cases and a logical data model" to aid in SOA governance efforts.
- Podcast: Are You Future Proof? - Part 2
In Part 2, practicing architects and Oracle ACE Directors Ron Batra (AT&T), Basheer Khan (Innowave Technology), and Ronald van Luttikhuizen discuss re-tooling one’s skill set to reflect changes in enterprise IT, including the knowledge to steer stakeholders around the hype to what’s truly valuable.
- Easy way to access JPA with REST (JSON / XML) | Edwin Biemond
Oracle ACE Edwin Biemond shows you "what is possible with JPA-RS, how easy it is and howto setup your own EclipseLink REST service."
- Clustering ODI11g for High-Availability Part 1: Introduction and Architecture | Richard Yeardley
"JEE agents can be deployed alongside, or instead of, standalone agents," says Rittman Meade's Richard Yeardley. "But there is one key advantage in using JEE agents and WebLogic: when you deploy JEE agents as part of a WebLogic cluster they can be configured together to form a high availability cluster." Learn more in Yeardley's extensive post.
- 2012 IOUG Virtualization SIG – Online Symposium on Nov 7 and Nov 8 | Kai Yu
Oracle ACE Director Kai Yu shares information on this week's IOUG Virtualization SIG online event. Does that make it a virtual virtualization event?
Thought for the Day
"If McDonalds were run like a software company, one out of every hundred Big Macs would give you food poisoning — and the response would be, 'We’re sorry, here’s a coupon for two more.'"