ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-03-02
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Mar 02, 2012
- Oracle Coherence: First Steps Using Clusters and Basic API Usage | Ricardo Ferreira
Ricardo Ferreira shares three videos created to "guide you in the process of creating a data grid cluster, managing data using both Java API and CohQL (Coherence Query Language) to finally test the reliability and fail over features of the product."
- What role does creativity play in the day-to-day work of IT architects?
Given its sharp focus on designing practical technological solutions for business problems, is there a place for creativity in IT architecture? And what role, if any, does creativity play in the day-to-day work of IT architects?
- Podcast: Development Debate
Arun Gupta, Brian Jimerson, Cary Millsap, and Jeffrey West debate the merits of the favorite Java Ee development and deployment methodologies.
- Unit Testing Asynchronous BPEL Processes Using soapUI | Daniel Amadei
Thanks to its support for Mocking and WS-Addressing, soapUI can be used to test asynchronous BPEL processes. Daniel Amadei shows you how.
- Improving WebCenter Performance – Part 3 | Stefan Krantz
Stefan Krantz's post post foucses on "the sustained load and how to minimize the response time spiking, memory minimization and preventing session overloading."
- How I Explained Network Virtualization to Bikers | Rick Ramsey
Wherein our hero avoids a beating, without using Powerpoint -- or possibly because he didn't use Powerpoint.
- New Release: GlassFish Server 3.1.2. Read All About It! | Paul Davies
Paul Davies shares details and resources.
- When to call an Oracle Enterprise Architect in on your project| Oracle Unified Method
"The Oracle Enterprise Architect acts as an advisor to the Project or Program Manager. They keep the various functional partitions in alignment with the technical partitions, thereby assuring the OUM Principle of remaining 'Architecture Centric.'"
- Inter-Portlet Communication: Part 1: Task flow to a Portlet | Martin Deh
There is a lot of information about how to handle inter-portlet communication between two or more portlets, and on task flow to taskflow inter-communication. Martin Deh's post addresses what you need to do to use both technologies in a portal application.
- Deployments over InfiniBand Infrastructure | Neeraj Gupta
"It all looks very simple, right?" asks Neeraj Gupta. "But where to start? That's the fun part."
- Exalogic Networking Part 2 | The Old Toxophilist
The Old Toxophilist describes Exalogic scripts from the Oracle A-Team that help "facilitate a simpler ECU installation and provide an example on configuring a standard Oracle ACS type environment."
- Webcast: The Latest on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Business Intelligence
Event Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 Time: 9 a.m. PT/12 noon ET
- Balaji Yelamanchili – Senior Vice President of Analytics and Performance Management, Oracle
- Paul Rodwick – Vice President, Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools."
— Douglas Adams