ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-03-01
By OTN ArchBeat on Mar 01, 2012
- 2012 Real World Performance Tour Dates
Coming to your town: a full day of real world database performance with Tom Kyte, Andrew Holdsworth, and Graham Wood.
- Rochester, NY - March 8
- Los Angeles, CA - April 30
- Orange County, CA - May 1
- Redwood Shores, CA - May 3
- Analytics Without Limits: The Latest on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine and Oracle Business Intelligence
Webcast Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 Time: 9 a.m. PT/12 noon ET
- Balaji Yelamanchili (Senior Vice President of Analytics and Performance Management, Oracle)
- Paul Rodwick (Vice President, Product Management, Oracle Business Intelligence, Oracle)
- Webcast: Leveraging Linux Innovations for Extreme Performance with Oracle Exadata
Event Date: Wednesday, March 7, 2012 Time: 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET
- Chris Mason (Director, Linux Kernel Engineering, Oracle)
- Kothanda Umamageswaran (Exadata Engineering, Oracle)
- Next OTN Sysadmin Day | Oracle Technology Network Blog
April 10, 2012 in Santa Clara, California. "Bring your laptop and walk through our hands-on labs for Oracle Solaris and Oracle Linux," says Rick Ramsey.
- Start Small, Grow Fast
www.oracle.com In this OTN article, Edwin Biemond, Ronald van Luttikhuizen, and Demed L'Her present a set of pragmatic best practices for deploying a simple and sound SOA footprint that can grow with business demand.
- What's New in WebLogic Portal? | Eric Pollard
Eric Pollard, Sr. Principal Product Manager for Oracle WebCenter, fits a lot of technical information into four short paragraphs.
- Oracle Exalytics Week: Exalytics & TimesTen - Under the Covers | Mark Rittman
Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman gives you a peek as he continues his week-long series.
- What have BPM, big data, social tools, and business models got in common? | Andy Mulholland
"Seems a strange mix at first glance," says Capgemini CTO blogger Andy Mulholland, "but actually a common, logical view of this seems to be developing."
- IDC Report: Oracle's All-Out Assault on The Big Data Market
This IDC Insight considers a number of key product announcements made by Oracle in January and February 2012 as well as their role in the company's strategy with respect to Big Data and their likely impact on the software markets associated with Big Data technology.
- Migrating Oracle Discoverer Data to Oracle Business Intelligence 11g
Edelweiss Kammermann shows you how to plan your migration project, step by step.
- White Paper: An Architect’s Guide to Big Data | Dr. Helen Sun, Peter Heller
Planning a Big Data architecture is not about understanding just what is different. It’s also about how to integrate what’s new to what you already have – from database-and-BI infrastructure to IT tools, and end user applications.
- SOA Blackbelt training by David Shaffer, April 30th–May 4th 2012
Developed in conjunction with Shaffer's new company, Middleworks, and Oracle's SOA product team, this advanced workshop is will be jointly offered by Middleworks and Exilor. The first class will be held in the San Francisco Bay Area April 30 to May 4.
- What do you mean you don't read HDA? | Kyle Hatlestad
"One thing is clear," says solution architect Kyle Hatlestad. "While it may be very fast and easy for a computer to parse and read HDA, it's not so easy for humans."
- Chris Johnson's "enable debug logging" in OAM WLST script
Fusion Middleware Architecture Group member Chris Johnson shares "a simple script to turn debug logging on and off."
- Learning Oracle SOA Suite - available options | Oracle SOA Suite - Team Blog
Demed L'Her shares a cornucopia of resources for Architects, Analysts, Developers, and Administrators who want to beef up their SOA Suite skills.
"I define architecture as a word we use when we want to talk about design but want to puff it up to make it sound important."
— Martin Fowler