ArchBeat Link-o-Rama for 2012-02-27
By Bob Rhubart-Oracle on Feb 27, 2012
- White Paper: An Architect’s Guide to Big Data | Dr. Helen Sun, Peter Heller
Planning a Big Data architecture is not about understanding just what is different. It’s also about how to integrate what’s new to what you already have – from database-and-BI infrastructure to IT tools, and end user applications.
- SSL offloading and WebLogic server redux - client x.509 certificates | Chris Johnson
How-to from Oracle Fusion Middleware A-Team member Chris Johnson.
- Monitor Performance with Enterprise Manager for WebCenter Portal | Stefan Krantz
Stefan Krantz share information on features that allow monitoring of portal operation "from a more detailed view."
- Demystifying Oracle Enterprise Gateway | Naresh Persaud
Naresh Persaud offers a quick overview of Oracle Enterprise Gateway (OEG).
- 42 - Or do you understand your Big Data question? | Steve Jones
"The point here," says Jones, "is that one of the major challenges with Big Data is that we are moving away from simple SQL driven questions 'who are my top ten customers' or 'how much did I sell last week' into much more analytical and predictive questions such as 'if I reduce the price of goats cheese how much more red wine will I sell?'"
- Downloads For Oracle WebCenter Content (UCM) 11g Patch Set 5 | Bex Huff
"Most of this info is available in the Oracle FAQ for ECM 11g, as well as the Oracle Fusion Middleware Patching Guide," says Oracle ACE Director Bex Huff. "But I was tired of it being un-googleable, so I decided to put a few of the links together here."
- How Do You Develop Endeca Latitude Applications? | Mark Rittman
"Details and tutorials are a bit thin on the ground," says Oracle ACE Director Mark Rittman, "but hopefully with this last post in the blog series, you’ll at least get to see the overall process and the tools that you'll use."
- EJB an MDB best practices on WebLogic Cluster | Michel Schildmeijer
Michel Schildmeijer shares a bundle of tips for Java programmers "on how they should configure their EJB, MDB and Servlet applications when they will be deployed on a WebLogic cluster."
- Java EE articles on OTN in 2011 | The Aquarium
The Aquarium shares a list.
- Where Would I Use MySQL Cluster? | Mat Keep
Mat Keep highlights several use cases.
Today's Quote"The architect must be a prophet... a prophet in the true sense of the term... if he can't see at least ten years ahead don't call him an architect."
— Frank Lloyd Wright